Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    I still don't understand why gamers are so emotional over this stuff. No, EA is not the worst company in the US, that's easy to say. EA still delivers entertainment worth my money (yes I'm simple minded). And if you are pissed that they bought smaller companies and killed them off, holy shit, economy at it's finest.
    Personally, however they run their company is of no concern to me as long as the quality of their work is not affected.

Call me selfish, hell it's 100% true. Deal with it. I do.

Now, the thing here is that EA's way of doing business is affecting the overall quality of their products, simply because they underestimate consumers' knowledge of the very same business they're in. That tends to happen with companies that end up thinking they're bigger than the business sector they're a part of. They'll wake up when they'll see themselves shrinking.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Well congratulations on being able to be content with having your expectations set so low you cannot be disappointed. Not everyone is happy to pay for mediocrity from their games whilst paying more than other companies charge, then being charged extra for parts of the game that should be included in the price to begin with. Some people actually stop and go "No, this isn't okay. Destroying gaming companies and making cash cows out of popular IPs is harming the industry I enjoy"

If I compare games and their developers/publishers by money/hour of entertainment, EA is in the midfield with most of the game companies, the only ones that rank higher are ID (and they didn't need EA to fuck up their games), Valve (is going the path of EA pretty strong, and actually I owe my money not to valve, oh well), blizzard and Bethesda softworks. So EA never hit any of my most valuable game producers (most of them hit theirselfs pretty good sometimes)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    I am ignoring it because it's a retarded proposition.

I am entitled and so so privilaged because I choose the company thats actually effected by the negative attention? Oh woe is me.
    Oh, so the obvious is retarded now? You're going to tell me that the video game and banking business sectors work the same way?

Also, mellow down with the overreacting. No need to rage over this, kid.
    - Woodman

Deleted
    (yes I'm simple minded)
    That pretty much brings up the crux of my argument against those defending EA. But what you say, is hilarious.

It's OK for them to destroy smaller studios with hostile takeovers?

It's ok for them to basically crush games people have loved for decades underfoot?

You people CONSTANTLY are whining that "Oh EA is not the badguy it's the BIG EVIL BANKS" and yet you are defending them literally being the sterotypically evil big business?

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Oh, so the obvious is retarded now? You're going to tell me that the video game and banking business sectors work the same way?
    No, I am going to point out that why should people vote for banks of America, if they do nothing about the poll, than EA, who throws a PR hissyfit on it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    More than my *kind* being a problem, mr. Hater, is more like you got some anger issue against some company that didn't follow your expectations.

Or perhaps you had some problems and they couldn't fix it .. ergo your hatred. Not really interested.

cwatididthere?

Watch your words young boy.

Not all the world is shit and piss.

You can enjoy things that aren't perfect too.

when did mmochampion turn into youtube comments

10+ Year Old Account
    That pretty much brings up the crux of my argument against those defending EA. But what you say, is hilarious.

It's OK for them to destroy smaller studios with hostile takeovers?

It's ok for them to basically crush games people have loved for decades underfoot?

You people CONSTANTLY are whining that "Oh EA is not the badguy it's the BIG EVIL BANKS" and yet you are defending them literally being the sterotypically evil big business?
    WTF are you expecting? That the gaming industry doesn't go the path of the other industries? And no, banks took it to another whole level with their corporatism, EA isn't even close, and will never get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    when did mmochampion turn into youtube comments
    When they started blindly defending a huge toxic business because it won a poll over other huge toxic businesses.

Business is business. Those CEOs have to eat and feed their families too. You guys should look in the mirror before you judge so harshly....

Deleted
    WTF are you expecting? That the gaming industry doesn't go the path of the other industries? And not banks took it to another whole level with their corporatism, EA isn't even close, and will never get.
    Right. If you KEEP defending EA's business practices by saying "WELL OTHER BUSINESSES ARE BAD" then you cannot really claim Banks of America are any worse and evil can you?

It's just business.

Last I recall, Valve don't need to work like EA, neither do Sony, Nintendo, Ubisoft or even fucking Activison.

FUCKING ACTIVISION.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I am going to point out that why should people vote for banks of America, if they do nothing about the poll, than EA, who throws a PR hissyfit on it?
    People vote in accordance to their opinions, not reactions. They vote in accordance to what they prioritize personally.
    - Woodman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Business is business. Those CEOs have to eat and feed their families too. You guys should look in the mirror before you judge so harshly....
    Haha, this corporate defence is hilariously stupid.

When did people start blindly defending shit like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I seriously hope that is badly translated sarcasm.

Deleted
    People vote in accordance to their opinions, not reactions. They vote in accordance to what they prioritize personally.
    Ah, I see.

"EA just made a few bad games now they're being attacked by all the NERDS"

Here is a fact son. How did EA get put on the poll to begin with?

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 03:19 PM ----------

What can you expect? This thread is filled with EA defending Sycophants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I see.

"EA just made a few bad games now they're being attacked by all the NERDS"

Here is a fact son. How did EA get put on the poll to begin with?
    Okay, unless you stop putting words in your mouth because you have a pre-conceived vision of my position on the matter, I won't discuss this any further with you, as you seem to know my own opinion better than I do.
    - Woodman

Deleted
    I find it funny people ignored all the links I put in the thread, and instead defend EA blindly with such stupid phrases as

"But Bank of America are worse!"

"It's just business!"

"It's just a bunch of nerds on the internet!"

"Who cares it's just a Poll on the internet!"

"But I Enjoy EA games!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Right. If you KEEP defending EA's business practices by saying "WELL OTHER BUSINESSES ARE BAD" then you cannot really claim Banks of America are any worse and evil can you?

It's just business.

Last I recall, Valve don't need to work like EA, neither do Sony, Nintendo, Ubisoft or even fucking Activison.

FUCKING ACTIVISION.
    When the swiss government has to bailout EA with 70 billion dollars, I will vote them to the ranks of evil of some banks. Or if they get like a gazillion complaints from NGOs about child labour, destroying of the environment and ingorance of human rights stuff, I will even vote them to the level of another company that shall stay unnamed.

I'm not really defending EA's business practices, I just say it wont change, and they wont go bancrupt, because that's just how it rolls, maybe you can become a major shareholder of EA and change their path, no?

And Valve is walking a pretty shady path too, Sony, wait...they are in that DRM boat with Ubisoft aren't they, or did they already sink that ship? Activision is actually pretty nice!

Let's make a TL;DR: You can't force EA to make good games, you can't stop them from buying up smaller companies and fuck them in their dark room, you just can't. And after all that, they are still not the worst company of the US.
    Last edited by DieFichte; 2013-04-12 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted
    Okay, unless you stop putting words in your mouth because you have a pre-conceived vision of my position on the matter, I won't discuss this any further with you, as you seem to know my own opinion better than I do.
    Obviously I do then, because you use the same ragged arguments as every other EA defending Shill in this thread.

I'll give you a bottom line so you can READ and PAY ATTENTION.

Banks of America don't care about this poll. EA do. It hurts EA more. Hurting one Big Greedy Corporation is better than hurting none.

Haha, this corporate defence is hilariously stupid.

When did people start blindly defending shit like this?
    Why would I be sarcastic? Why shouldn't I defend people? You both believe that you have the right way of living and that you have what you need. I'm sorry that I'm just more aware of you but if you took a look around maybe you'd realize that you need to open your eyes.

Let me tell you a tale.

There were once three men living in a cave. They lived there their entire lives and the only source of light was from a fire that they kept going. The fire was, to them, the only light in the world and the small circle it provided was their entire life. One day, a terrible storm raged outside the cave and the men heard it deep inside. The wind blew the fire and made it dance upon the wall. After the storm, one of the men was curious about where the wind came from. He tried to get his fellows to join him but they refused. The man set out on his own, trying to navigate his way out of the cave until he came into a bright light. The light was so bright, he was blinded momentarily. When his vision returned, he saw the light came from the sun and he looked down upon the world. He was so excited, he knew he had to tell his friends. He ventured back into the cave and told them but they merely laughed at him and chased him away. The man knew if his friends wouldn't come to the light, he'd bring the light to them. And so he dug. He dug down until he found his friends. When he showed them the world, they felt so foolish that they bowed before his feet, begging his forgiveness.

I'm trying to enlighten you...

Deleted
    And Valve is walking a pretty shady path too, Sony, wait...they are in that DRM boat with Ubisoft aren't they, or did they already sink that ship? Activision is actually pretty nice!
    Thank you for clearly showing you have zero knowledge of the Game Development business. I can now safely ignore you as it seems you are stuck in 2010

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously I do then, because you use the same ragged arguments as every other EA defending Shill in this thread.

I'll give you a bottom line so you can READ and PAY ATTENTION.

Banks of America don't care about this poll. EA do. It hurts EA more. Hurting one Big Greedy Corporation is better than hurting none.
    I am not defending ANYONE. That's what you don't get. You're just trying to pick fights and stuff people you pick fights with on that side.
    - Woodman