Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Typical EA, not surprising at all. EA tends to set a trend for the gaming industry, and that tends to deserve a lot of hate as it is typically a bad one. Anyone know of a main publisher's digital distributor that wasn't steam before Origin?

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Only gonna get worse for them as the NCAA lawsuit becomes more public.
    What exactly is the lawsuit?

10+ Year Old Account
    EA minimizes the points that the majority of people hate, and then expands on the extremely small mailing schemes that I have never heard of prior to reading this.

-Pushing out games when they're not ready for launch JUST to make money.

-Considering micro-transactions as content and worthy of the majority of patch notes.

-Ignoring the community and doing "what they want".

So, all they could really talk about was one measly point saying "launch sucked for SimCity. Oops." What about a bunch of other titles? What about things you've said you would work on just to quell the forums, but then completely ignore it as if we don't exist.

Comparing Origins to Steam is like comparing REAL Frosted Flakes to the crap offbrand you can get at the store. Most of us have Origins so we could GET certain titles that required Origins. I hate it.

...not to mention that those titles angered quite a few of us because of how they were released/handled.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2013-04-06 at 09:53 PM.

Honestly, I sometimes wonder if EA is even ran by humans. Their completely lack of understanding about us suggests otherwise.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

I'd argue their '45 million subscribers' statement is because most of their games require Origin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Honestly, I sometimes wonder if EA is even ran by humans. Their completely lack of understanding about us suggests otherwise.
    Its okay. They're only being targeted because they're the best.

Its the truth. Its on the internet.

And they said so.

So its true.

10+ Year Old Account
    good companies (IMO)

Toshiba, even with out warranty they are helpful

Costco... that is all

Nintendo, because the Wii U wont be as evil as the other next gens

10+ Year Old Account
    EA: Can you explain to me why Bejeweled 2, which I bought for my Nook, has a fucking DRM on it that requires an internet connection to get past?

Because you know how often I get wifi access in cars and remote places where I'm going to be using a Nook to pass time . . . I mean, it'll work for a while, then suddenly it'll crash due to DRM if I try to launch it with no connection and refuse to run again until I launch it in a place with WiFi?

EA: Care to explain why you shit on IPs and rush games? Care to explain why you forced SimCity to be an "online always" game? Care to explain why every year we get Call of Duty 10^5th released?

Stop with the fucking idiotic business practices and maybe you'll actually make some money.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I am happy Nintendo still has their soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    EA minimizes the points that the majority of people hate, and then expands on the extremely small mailing schemes that I have never heard of prior to reading this.

-Pushing out games when they're not ready for launch JUST to make money.

-Considering micro-transactions as content and worthy of the majority of patch notes.

-Ignoring the community and doing "what they want".

So, all they could really talk about was one measly point saying "launch sucked for SimCity. Oops." What about a bunch of other titles? What about things you've said you would work on just to quell the forums, but then completely ignore it as if we don't exist.

Comparing Origins to Steam is like comparing REAL Frosted Flakes to the crap offbrand you can get at the store. Most of us have Origins so we could GET certain titles that required Origins. I hate it.

...not to mention that those titles angered quite a few of us because of how they were released/handled.
    Steam, unlike Origin, is awesome. Through Steam I think I have $1500 worth of games that (I don't remember exactly and the website is down atm), over a period of 2-3 years probably only cost me ~$150-200 with all the holiday deals, flash sales, weekend sales, etc.

Origin never does awesome stuff like this.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I reversed it. I was merely talking about how I hated Origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Steam, unlike Origin, is awesome. Through Steam I think I have $1500 worth of games that (I don't remember exactly and the website is down atm), over a period of 2-3 years probably only cost me ~$150-200 with all the holiday deals, flash sales, weekend sales, etc.

Origin never does awesome stuff like this.
    Actually, they do. After publicly shit-talking Valve for running deep discounts on popular franchise games, EA decided to follow suit and they run similar deep discounts for holiday/seasonal sales etc. They haven't started doing the midweek/weekend and daily deals yet (as far as I know), but they absolutely do run deep discounts. It's just the rest of their store sucks and is beyond painful to deal with.

Redit: After the Simcity fiasco, EA convinced me to never buy anything they make again with maybe one or two exceptions (a new Alice game being one of them). I don't want to support their business at all. Short of praising their support of the LBGT community (which I do praise them for as they're probably the best of the big names in the gaming industry for that), I have nothing positive to say about them. This letter was a total joke to read and was funny in how detached it seemed from the reality of the situation.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-04-06 at 10:12 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did not see their apology for Star Wars in that bull crap post.
    You cared enough to post.

I must say I really appreciated the gesture of a free game, at least.

I have to agree the crap with steam is stupid. Imagine every country does that and has their own "origin"..... Holy shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    I did not see their apology for Star Wars in that bull crap post.
    They omitted a LOT of things so they didn't look bad, because you know, EA is the "tallest tree."

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Worst company for 2013? Are people seriously that fricking dumb?

You have banks that have basically pissed away peoples money and life savings, oil companies going after the mighty profit margin regardless of world/localcost, and other types of shady things, and people are whining about a few bugs and an online only mode, thinking somehow this makes them Satan incarnate?
    "Oh, they bought my favourite studio and now they make bad games!" Sorry to break it to you, but look at various mid-level companies, a lot of them are one bad game away from going bankrupt. Chris Taylor's is a prime example of this, and he verified it himself due to the distribution model used by nearly ALL distributors in the games industry. At least under EA, despite being soulless so to speak, they got to make games, something they might not have even been allowed to do. But people will just ignore that fact.

Seriously, games are just a diversion, something fun to do, sometimes they suck, sometimes you pay money for them and get gold or shite. Yeh sure, EA aren't a great company nor a paragon, but "worst"? Really, people are lind and foolish to follow such a lemming mentality in voting for them.
    Yes but how many of these companies will care if they get the award?

These companies get crap flung at them all the time, receiving something like this would be nothing to them. Most people see the Consumerist as a chance to put a company that would most likely never receive attention in the spotlight for wrongs they have wrought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

A lot of their games aren't the best but still:

"In the past year, we have received thousands of emails and postcards protesting against EA for allowing players to create LGBT characters in our games. This week, we’re seeing posts on conservative web sites urging people to protest our LGBT policy by voting EA the Worst Company in America".

And still even though that's only one negativity people have against them, that^ isn't a just reason to hate them.
    I've used Origin and its not the WORST. But I may be biased. SWTOR (EA right) was woeful - detested it, and regret every1 second I spent on that game. Found no fun in it after the starting zone, made me sleepy :L

He says " People still want to argue about it. We can’t be any clearer – it’s not. Period." - I thought that was a bit cheeky tbh, considering he's talking to the "millions of people across the globe" that play and "love" his games. Even so though, I find people today are really quick to say everything they hate about a game, or anything tbh, but never look at the things they like about it. ^I know I just kind of did that, but I didn't like anything about SWTOR, besides the Lightsabers, and that just wasn't enough. "We can do better" - Too little, too late imo.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not even close to the worst company. Not even close to the worst game company.

SWTOR could have been so much better if it was not rushed by the EA bean counters and still does not have the support it deserves ...You suck EA !

EA is the worst game company ....the worst company is Bank of America ...

Yes and the biggest pile of cow shit attracts the most flies. I don't see the logic with their statement at the end. When thinking of EA the words hubris and clueless come to mind.

For those wondering what hubris means - Hubris (pron.: /ˈhjuːbrɪs/), also hybris, from ancient Greek ὕβρις, means extreme pride or arrogance. Hubris often indicates a loss of contact with reality and an overestimation of one's own competence or capabilities, especially when the person exhibiting it is in a position of power.
    Last edited by Hedleyazg; 2013-04-06 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrax View Post
    A lot of their games aren't the best but still:

"In the past year, we have received thousands of emails and postcards protesting against EA for allowing players to create LGBT characters in our games. This week, we’re seeing posts on conservative web sites urging people to protest our LGBT policy by voting EA the Worst Company in America".

And still even though that's only one negativity people have against them, that^ isn't a just reason to hate them.
    I've used Origin and its not the WORST. But I may be biased. SWTOR (EA right) was woeful - detested it, and regret every1 second I spent on that game. Found no fun in it after the starting zone, made me sleepy :L

He says " People still want to argue about it. We can’t be any clearer – it’s not. Period." - I thought that was a bit cheeky tbh, considering he's talking to the "millions of people across the globe" that play and "love" his games. Even so though, I find people today are really quick to say everything they hate about a game, or anything tbh, but never look at the things they like about it. ^I know I just kind of did that, but I didn't like anything about SWTOR, besides the Lightsabers, and that just wasn't enough. "We can do better" - Too little, too late imo.
    Perhaps not everything EA posts is true? They've been using that far too much in defense of their company lately when practically nobody had brought that up before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.