Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't really hates EA much, and hates Activision (naturally) or Square (Give. Me. My. Fucking. FF7. REMAKE!!!!!) much more?
    i don't hate any company, i think that's stupid.
    I just look at what they're offering and purchase their good if i find good value.

And yes, i must admit recently i found the value of activision-blizzard product lately to be terrible. so i don't buy any, but that just me and you wouldn't see any blind hate from me to those company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't really hates EA much, and hates Activision (naturally) or Square (Give. Me. My. Fucking. FF7. REMAKE!!!!!) much more?
    FF7 was mediocre, though. I mean, Square would make an embarrassing profit off of milking that nostalgia-tit, but it's not like it'd be any better than it was before
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    And in 6 months they are probably gonna add new buildings that can only be bought for real money.
    Isn't that a bit naive to think it will take as long as 6 months? Besides I thought there was packs to alter the looks of buildings for cash at launch already.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    FF7 was mediocre, though. I mean, Square would make an embarrassing profit off of milking that nostalgia-tit, but it's not like it'd be any better than it was before
    Opinions, opinions.

I think FF7 is the best single-player game ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Opinions, opinions.

I think FF7 is the best single-player game ever made.
    You think WRONG! :P

But seriously? I mean the story is pretty decent, but the characters are mostly forgettable and the mechanics are pretty crap. There's millions of games that can actually do weapons and armor well, and class mechanics that are interesting.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matheren View Post
    EA has been EA for many, many years; most of those long-standing franchises came well after their shady practices were known. Yet that didn't stop people from buying into those new franchises; and yet strangely, even while they continue to give EA money to support these shady practices, they continue to complain about them.

They're a business - complain with your wallet first, your mouth second.
    EA wasn't always bad. But they bought a lot of franchises and then proceed to poop on them. And I do complain with my wallet. I haven't bought a C&C game since C&C3 and its debacle of a expansion.

That doesn't make me any less wrong to complain about how bad they are, they just have a large market share of popular franchises.

I did get suckered in by Sim City though, at least I guess, I got a free ME3 game out of it. But what other city simulation do you recommend I play?
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    But what other city simulation do you recommend I play?
    Sim City 4 still looks good, is extremely moddable and probably the most thorough version of that lineage with most options/systems to toy with. Including regions.

Cities XL with all it's versions are pretty good city simulations in vein of Sim City and looks very pretty. Has Sim City 5-like trading options between cities.

Then there's some older games like Caesar 3, building cities in ancient Rome, Pharaoh, same thing but in ancient Egypt. Some smaller scale city building is offered by Anno serie.

There are loads of options for this genre.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Sim City 4 still looks good, is extremely moddable and probably the most thorough version of that lineage with most options/systems to toy with. Including regions.

Cities XL with all it's versions are pretty good city simulations in vein of Sim City and looks very pretty. Has Sim City 5-like trading options between cities.

Then there's some older games like Caesar 3, building cities in ancient Rome, Pharaoh, same thing but in ancient Egypt. Some smaller scale city building is offered by Anno serie.

There are loads of options for this genre.
    Hmm, haven't heard of citiesxl, have to check it out. ty
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    And of course they still can't get SimCity working right.

http://kotaku.com/happy-one-month-an...oing-470912279

Wow...
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    what really blows my mind about EA is their delusion that Origin is good because so many people use it. OF COURSE WE USE IT WHEN YOU MAKE IT A REQUIREMENT TO LOAD THE FRIGGIN GAME!

That and as always they highlight tiny groups of wackjobs (homophobes this time) and blame them for all the hate they are receiving. They pulled the same shit with mass effect dismissing the legions of fans they had let down and labelling everyone who didn't like the ending with the same brush of 'whiny minority'.

Sad fact is though even with all the hate people will keep buying EA titles because they use their massive company to buy up as many promising titles as they can.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    Sad fact is though even with all the hate people will keep buying EA titles because they use their massive company to buy up as many promising titles as they can.
    That's really a large crux of the problem. People aren't seeking out EA in order to 'buy EA games' like everyone (inluding the company) keeps reiterating. They are buying games they enjoy that get taken over and run into the ground by EA.

It's like if you enjoy the NFL tremendously and next year it gets bought out by the UFC. Of course you are going to have some serious eyebrow raising, but you buy the TV package anyways b/c it's the NFL. Sure some rules have changed, but they don't seem like it's going to be that big of a deal. 5 years later you are left watching some strange amalgamation of the game you once loved and what it has turned in to.

At some point if you keep watching the 'new' NFL, then shame on you, but these people keep movnig on to different products only to have the same thing happen. It's less a 'fool me once, shame on you, etc' situation and more a plague that keeps spreading to infect everything you previously enjoyed.

It's certainly not ok to blame customers for this.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    And of course they still can't get SimCity working right.

http://kotaku.com/happy-one-month-an...oing-470912279

Wow...
    With C&C3 and its expansion it was impossible to play an online co-op vs ai. 98% of the games you played would desync during the game and end it.

It took them 6 months to fix that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch out if you piss off a bunch of video gamers!

Worst companies are clearly those that actually HARM people and RUIN LIVES. EA does not, they are just pricks.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 10:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Wow...
    What's in the bag Egg? Classic.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Watch out if you piss off a bunch of video gamers!

Worst companies are clearly those that actually HARM people and RUIN LIVES. EA does not, they are just pricks.
    Goldman saches, monsanto, or exxon wasn't on the poll last I checked.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-04-09 at 03:25 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Goldman saches, monsanto, or exxon wasn't on the poll last I checked.
    We need a separate category for "most evil". EA has shitty PR, but they are not evil. They are not taking the homes of people that are sharing games.
    I like sandwiches

We need a separate category for "most evil". EA has shitty PR, but they are not evil. They are not taking the homes of people that are sharing games.
    Anyone who tries that will be sued for defamation, repeatedly audited, randomly foreclosed on, and disappeared to Guantanamo.
    Oh, and tazered by 20 police.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    It's certainly not ok to blame customers for this.
    Sadly they are the only once able to do something about the problem, personally I don't buy anything that says EA, no matter how good it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep we need an "assholes" category, separate from EVIL! EA are just big doo doo heads. EA Suits should be forced to watch people play indie games and not get the option to hire and fire the developer. EA Execs should be strapped, Hannibal style, to tables and wheeled around Valve's offices for hours. EA Bosses should have their pay tied to SimCity. Your missing hours? You can't get to your paycheck? Sorry, but that just didn't fit Lucy's "vision." In a lot of ways, your paycheck is like an MMO.

They may not be actually evil, but they've certainly earned the scorn they get.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-04-09 at 03:50 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

This is a very unsurprising thing to hear about.

Arrogance on top of absurd pricing strategies for underdeveloped and relatively unsupported games. I'm surprised more people don't boycott EA, but then again, games are just silly little things that don't require any attention from anyone. You can hardly call it exploitation if no-one gets hurt. We should all volunteer at soup kitchens and donate our time to protest the KXL pipeline. There's children starving all over the world that need our help! That's a much more troubling concern right now than this "DRM" fiasco! Why are you still here reading this? Go out there and make a difference!

If you're confused by that paragraph, it's because you fail to understand that you can have multiple interests at any single time. You can protest against EA for the worst publisher of video games on the planet (they are) as well as protest against Bank of America for being a den of vipers (they are). Don't get hung up on "worst company".

10+ Year Old Account