Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I've moved this over to Video Games since it's not Wow related, but please cut out the bickering and personal comments already guys or this will simply be closed.
    Just close it already. It's fairly obvious anyone who even tries to defend EA do not even know why people would vote EA as bad in the first place.

The only way I could be any more angry is if people were defending Lucasarts as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Javik View Post
    I like how you put words in my mouth. I don't support any of that, I just don't agree that EA is the worst thing since Hitler because of their stance on this issue.
    ...EA is the worst thing since Hitler...
    ...worst thing since Hitler...
    ...Hitler...
    You lost the argument! Too bad!
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

I've never even heard of the Consumerist, but from some research, I gather its a blog?

So lemme get this straight: A blog's READER POLL voted EA as the worst company, and this is supposed to mean something...why?

Does this poll apparently represent the opinions of all gamers, or a large percentage of those currently making video games?

No, what this is is some hack on a news website came across this poll, and figured it'd be an easy way to pass his word count and deadline to get a story into his editor. This isn't news, this is the opinion of a VERY TINY corner of the internet.

What's next, should I expect to see the results of the next GameFAQs poll of the day reported on the news? This is just as stupid as when you see a "news" report about some niche magazine's article on something reported as if the opinion of the article writer is fact (Never mind that such articles are usually opinion peices of one person....)
    Last edited by Icaras; 2013-04-12 at 01:40 PM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post

It just damages EA enough that their current corporate philosophy will eventually bankrupt them. And thats exactly what I want.
    I don't see them going bankrupt anytime soon, SWToR was maybe a bit of a bumper because it was an expensive game, but even f'ed up stunts like Sim City was probably easy breaking even. Not to mention their sports games and stuff like Battlefield.

Oh yeah, just for you:
    Non-GAAP Digital Net Revenue $314 $216
    Non-GAAP Publishing Packaged Goods and Other Net Revenue 744 787
    Non-GAAP Distribution Packaged Goods Net Revenue 22 31
    Non-GAAP Total Net Revenue $1,080 $1,034
    That's 3rd quarter 2012 and 2011 earnings comparison, shit has gone real! only a 46 million increase!
    Maybe they make 100 million increase now that they won worst company in the US back to back!
    Last edited by DieFichte; 2013-04-12 at 01:41 PM.

Deleted
    I've always been genuinely impressed by the gaming community when comparing it to other industries. We don't take shit from anyone, at least not in the long term. All the recent fiasco's and controversies make that quite obvious. Not saying there isn't a fair share of milking etc, but its much less severe then hollywood films where people just go to watch the biggest piles of shit.
    Most of the big guys such as Rockstar, its created by gamers for gamers.
    I think EA knows whats up, we can't deny that they have improved by far over the last decade. Back in the day when their FIFA line-up was utter crap and they didn't seem to care. Despite all this, I'm always happy when gamers show their disatisfaction just to put some pressure so they don't fall back into the garbage bin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I've never even heard of the Consumerist, but from some research, I gather its a blog?

So lemme get this straight: A blog's READER POLL voted EA as the worst company, and this is supposed to mean something...why?

Does this poll apparently represent the opinions of all gamers, or a large percentage of those currently making video games?

No, what this is is some hack on a news website came across this poll, and figured it'd be an easy way to pass his word count and deadline to get a story into his editor. This isn't news, this is the opinion of a VERY TINY corner of the internet.
    Seems like some people take it so seriously that if the game they dreamt of that night doesn't come out exactly like that .. they get all angry and make a fun on internet using big words trying to look cool.

Chill guys , games are games.

As I said before .. not all world is shit and piss.

Enjoy what you enjoy , it doesn't need to be perfect.

I enjoy old games that are FAR from being perfect .. and so ?

If you enjoy it .. do so.

As for service .. didn't feel like I paid EA more than I pay blizz or ubisoft or Microsoft or any other company.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    That's 3rd quarter 2012 and 2011 earnings comparison, shit has gone real! only a 46 million increase!
    Maybe they make 100 million increase now that they won worst company in the US back to back!
    Compare that to their stocks, and costs.

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 02:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Seems like some people take it so seriously that if the game they dreamt of that night doesn't come out exactly like that .. they get all angry and make a fun on internet using big words trying to look cool.

As for service .. didn't feel like I paid EA more than I pay blizz or ubisoft or Microsoft or any other company.
    Yeah, chill.

It's totally fine that a Publishing Company takes games and utterly crushes them of any emotion, sets them up with unrealistic expectations and then destroys the studios. Thats all FINE.

Here is a little food for thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNvqquAyXqo

was being developed, but then EA happened. And we got

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijlVoaa1uqM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paincake View Post
    I've always been genuinely impressed by the gaming community when comparing it to other industries. We don't take shit from anyone, at least not in the long term. All the recent fiasco's and controversies make that quite obvious. Not saying there isn't a fair share of milking etc, but its much less severe then hollywood films where people just go to watch the biggest piles of shit.
    Most of the big guys such as Rockstar, its created by gamers for gamers.
    I think EA knows whats up, we can't deny that they have improved by far over the last decade. Back in the day when their FIFA line-up was utter crap and they didn't seem to care. Despite all this, I'm always happy when gamers show their disatisfaction just to put some pressure so they don't fall back into the garbage bin.
    It's pretty cool when you think about that for a little bit.

The entertainment industry where your own input (the gamer playing the games) is directly responsible for your enjoyment..
    ..gives the loudest feedback.
    The entertainment industry where your own input (those watching the movies) is completely irrelevant for your enjoyment..
    ..remains silent.

I'm certain there's a psychological/sociological connection going on here. I wonder if there's been studies on this, those'd be nice to read.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Compare that to their stocks, and costs.
    Their stock is stable higher than it was 2012, it tanked after 2011, but it's gone back up in 2012/2013, what your going at?

Dunno what you are hoping for, but EA wont go bancrupt anytime soon.

Deleted
    A little more food for thought for everyone here willing to defend EA.

http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2012/...e-warhammer-k/

http://kotaku.com/5820685/lets-pour-...strategy-genre

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...tswekilledbull

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    Their stock is stable higher than it was 2012, it tanked after 2011, but it's gone back up in 2012/2013, what your going at?

Dunno what you are hoping for, but EA wont go bancrupt anytime soon.
    It received an artificial boost as people bought EA internally bought EA stocks during the late 2012 period. Also, considering it's massively fluctating is not a good thing, it is an indicator that people are selling off stock fast, and it being bought. You do not want it flucating, you want a stable increase.

http://investor.ea.com/stockquote.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by Finnio View Post
    Its quite funny, while Bank of America steals people's home, oil company's start wars and produce disasters for the enviroment, EA gets voted for worst company in america for ruining some computer games, dont get me wrong the company is utter shit and deserves all the hate from gamers,and it would be a better gaming world if it would go bankrupt tommorow, but its hardly the worst company in America considering the bigger picture.
    "considering the bigger picture"

It doesnt fucking matter who was voted on what. it's an internet poll every year and gets some notice but it's not going to stop any business from acting anyway they want. EA was voted last year and did shit change this year? noooooope and it wont next year either. Internet polls are for people who are on the internet most of the time and can find this shit, which is mostly gamers and young people so of course EA is going to be voted up there, do you really think most people give a shit about oil spills and foreclosures unless it happens to them? The answer is no, no one cares, the world is a shitty place and companies will rob you blind and fuck up your neighborhood if it means getting an extra couple bucks. Bank of America doesn't give a shit about your vote, and unless the government steps in to stop them, they are going to keep doing what they want and flip you off.

Deleted
    Here is some more links for the blind.

http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/...aming-industry

http://www.ultimaforever.com/ <--- because everyone loves Ultima being raped!

http://megagames.com/news/ea-louse-r...er-and-bioware <--- everybody loves how Mythic was destroyed right?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    People who votes EA worst company, most likely did so because buying a bad game is the worst thing that ever happened to them.
    They are blissfully spared by the hardships of life, never had lost their job, their home, their freedom, their health or a loved one.

Poll for rich, spoiled kid, that have only but a very limited perspective of life, in two words, video games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    People who votes EA worst company, most likely did so because buying a bad game is the worst thing that ever happened to them.
    They are blissfully spared by the hardships of life, never had lost their job, their home, their freedom, their health or a loved one.

Poll for rich, spoiled kid, that have only but a very limited perspective of life, in two words, video games.
    People who bring up this argument are blissfully ignorant over the fact that Banks of America won this thing 3 years in a row and didn't even release a press package acknowledging it, Yet when EA wins they released tons.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who bring up this argument are blissfully ignorant over the fact that Banks of America won this thing 3 years in a row and didn't even release a press package acknowledging it, Yet when EA wins they released tons.
    So? It only shows that Banks are protected because of the very nature of their business (ie: being within the very core of economy), whereas a video game company has much more to lose. Takes a lot to kill a bank, but much less to kill a video game company.

And you blissfully ignoring this is quite demonstrative of Vankrys' point.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post

Well congratulations on being able to be content with having your expectations set so low you cannot be disappointed. Not everyone is happy to pay for mediocrity from their games whilst paying more than other companies charge, then being charged extra for parts of the game that should be included in the price to begin with. Some people actually stop and go "No, this isn't okay. Destroying gaming companies and making cash cows out of popular IPs is harming the industry I enjoy"

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    So? It only shows that Banks are protected because of the very nature of their business (ie: being within the very core of economy), whereas a video game company has much more to lose. Takes a lot to kill a bank, but much less to kill a video game company.

I think your post supports the person you are flaming here. EA games is a publisher, so bad exposure of this magnitude is going to seriously harm them, and as you said, the same cannot be said for a bank due to the nature of their business. It seems a waste of time to vote for Bank of America in that case as not even the courts can touch them for being absolutely shit.

People have voted for them in the past and it did nothing what-so-ever. People voted for EA now and it's already having an impact. If you are going to pick a battle then you might as well pick one you can actually stand a chance of influencing.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-04-12 at 02:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    That said, I can understand why they're arrogant over aspects like this. When someone tells you you're the worst company because you left the choice of LGBT characters or didn't put some sports athletes people wanted, this is simply a ridiculous claim. .
    It's even more ridiculous because that wasn't even true

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't understand why gamers are so emotional over this stuff. No, EA is not the worst company in the US, that's easy to say. EA still delivers entertainment worth my money (yes I'm simple minded). And if you are pissed that they bought smaller companies and killed them off, holy shit, economy at it's finest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bank of America ruins thousands of lives and helps destroy our economy. EA pissed off a bunch of nerds. Am I missing something?
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post

I am ignoring it because it's a retarded proposition.

I am entitled and so so privilaged because I choose the company thats actually effected by the negative attention? Oh woe is me.