The ultimate raid - something coming in the future?

A lot of rumors are going around that WoW will soon face an end and that Blizzard will make a new MMO called Titan.

Because of this I can't stop thinking about a potential final raid of WoW and how it will be. My thoughts are filled with ideas and a lot of them keeps getting back to the final bosses of the expansions. I am thinking of Illidan (not really the end boss but still the face for the BC expansion), Arthas (there is still a Lich King in his place) and the worst raid boss of all times in many players eyes: Deathwing.

All of these bosses are still alive and I can't help to think that they are planning a final raid with all of this bosses (with some bosses in addition ofc) as an epic end to WoW, IF it's going to get replaced by Titan in a near future.

What are your thoughts on this? Is it a possiblity or am I just crazy to think this?

Quote Originally Posted by hexamon View Post
    A lot of rumors are going around that WoW will soon face an end and that Blizzard will make a new MMO called Titan.

Because of this I can't stop thinking about a potential final raid of WoW and how it will be. My thoughts are filled with ideas and a lot of them keeps getting back to the final bosses of the expansions. I am thinking of Illidan (not really the end boss but still the face for the BC expansion), Arthas (there is still a Lich King in his place) and the worst raid boss of all times in many players eyes: Deathwing.

All of these bosses are still alive and I can't help to think that they are planning a final raid with all of this bosses (with some bosses in addition ofc) as an epic end to WoW, IF it's going to get replaced by Titan in a near future.

What are your thoughts on this? Is it a possiblity or am I just crazy to think this?
    what? what rumors? Blizzard has said as long as there are subs, there will be more expansions, with no end in sight

Titan 100% is no replacing wow

Deleted

Deathwing was blown up at the end of DS, so he most definitely isn't alive.

deathwing is not a live he was obliterated m8

You have got to be so god damn stupid to think that wow will 'end' anytime in the next decade at least.

Imagine you are a shareholder of Blizzards parent company, of which WoW is responsible for bringing in hundreds of millions a year. Do you really think they will allow someone at Blizzard say, 'sorry but wow will be ending soon - you wont be seeing that money from wow anymore. hopefully titan takes off though and hopefully you'll see your billions coming from that instead'.

The only thing that person will be shown is the door as they are fired, and immediately replaced with someone who will continue to help/milk WoW for as much as money as it can for years to come.

From a pure fantasy/lore/what-if standpoint, if there was an end to wow in a raiding sense Sargeras is the only real fit. I'd love to see Elune make an appearance (finally) to help empower us in being able to defeat him.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-04-12 at 02:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    All three of those characters are very, very dead. Illidan was killed by Maeiv and the whole sequence where he tells her that without the hunt, she is nothing, doesn't bely a secret plan for resurrection. We explicitly see Arthas' spirit freed from the grip of Frostmourne and leaving this world with the spirit of his father. There's no coming back. Deathwing's death was felt throughout Dragonkind. The four dragons aspects and Thrall were there to ensure that he was unable to escape and was finally defeated.

inb4 Kael'thas. The only real rp death for Kael'thas is him screaming at you and then passing out. Also when he came back it was with considerably reduced power.

I am not so good at the lore but from my own experience and from all the videos out there, Deathwing is "killed" with 1% left. Isn't a possibility that he is still alive then? Anyways I don't think that WoW will die I was just wondering if it would be replaced by Titan and if it is replaced, it more or less will "die".

Did you miss the part where Thrall and the Aspects blow him to smithereens?

Illidan was killed by Maeiv and the whole sequence where he tells her that without the hunt, she is nothing, doesn't bely a secret plan for resurrection.
    Illidan isnt dead in the sense that Blizzard want to use him again in future. He'll be alive again somehow and story/lore twisted to support it. They've said themselves they want to use him again.

If there is a burning legion themed expansion next (as many signs hint to ingame) then illidan would be a great central figure to help guide the players throughout the expansion (a la Wrathian in Pandaria /Thrall in Cata etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    <snip>

I think you're generally just crazy for trying to start dumb rumors. The amount of BS one poster can pull from their rear never ceases to amaze me.

I am not so good at the lore but from my own experience and from all the videos out there, Deathwing is "killed" with 1% left. Isn't a possibility that he is still alive then? Anyways I don't think that WoW will die I was just wondering if it would be replaced by Titan and if it is replaced, it more or less will "die".
    Have you watched what happens after he gets to 1 percent?

You don't come back from that.

im pretty sure sargeras will be the final boss in wow what i heard (only from players who said they heard it from blizzard) is that there would be like 7 expansions left then titan would replace wow and they wouldnt give out any more xpansions but its all rumors ofc we still have azhara left if im not mistaken sargeras is still alive kil'jeaden is still alive and bolvar is the lich king who knows what will happend to him and maybe wrathion will betray uss :s and who can forget gamon the unkillable cow who only gets stronger and stronger

Deleted
    @Deathwing: After having the power of the dragon soul shot into a massive gaping wound in his chest and being annihilated, I fail to see how in any way he could be "alive"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayaar View Post
    @Deathwing: After having the power of the dragon soul shot into a massive gaping wound in his chest and being annihilated, I fail to see how in any way he could be "alive"
    We cut off the heads of his kids, yet they turned up as raid bosses again.

If blizz wants us to fight a dead boss, they'll figure out a way.

Let's just kill this cash cow giving us 150 mill euros every month...yes you're just crazy and delusional to think this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    No, I'm roundly rejecting your idea that LFR isn't raiding.
    The raiding scene is larger than in wrath - because LFR is raiding. It replaces the pugs that were a feature of Wotlk.
    Tell you what, I remove LFR and you remove pugs.
    What the actual f...

Titan - the next WoW killer. Following in the footsteps of all those super successful WoW killers.

Haha, but yeah they said they have no plans to stop WoW anytime soon, even with Titan in production. And I don't know if the players would appreciate a bunch of rehashed old bosses as the final raid, even if they were all epic and cool during their own times.

This fantasizing about "the end" has been going on for at least 5 years now. There will be no "the end" because Blizzard will continue making expansions until the playerbase is so small that it's not cost effective to go out with a bang. Metzen would also never let the lore (however poorly written, it still has integrity) be destroyed by a giant fanfiction raid. It's never going to happen, get over it.