Thread: Kanrethad bugs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    For the portal you have to move away and then move back after the buff ends for it to register you.
    For the first imp phase cataclysm bug I believe it relates to whether you interrupt his first cast of the curse or not. He seemed to wig out if i interrupted it but cast cataclysm as normal is i did not.

My biggest advice is buy a purification potion and just practice outlasting him. if you can make it past all his phase rotations to where hes just repeating the imp phase over and over the fight becomes a ton easier.

If you time your interrupts right and LoS at the very start its possible to make him cast his enrage timer debuff on you twice and goes up to 14-16 mins I forget which. It is rather silly though when it happens and I assume the duration increases because he has some kind of pandemic but basically you have to keep him from casting it for as long as possible it seems and then he just freaks out and spams it sometimes.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-04-16 at 03:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post

7. Only had it happen once in all my attempts, and it was a double cast rather than triple. Non-issue though. Just makes the fight easier, and/or means you don't need to use a Purification Potion.
    You are right on everything else but this.

The Dot will tick at 7 minutes even if it is stacked to 14/21 minutes. This has fucked up a run or two for me.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulcrakin View Post
    8. Sometimes your Pit lord despawns -

I had this happen once but I'm fairly sure it was because I abused the Pit Lord heal a little too much. It is entirely possible to kill him. On the flip side, I have heard of a bug where if you Soul Burn summon a new pet and Sacrifice it, the pit lord can despawn. I haven't seen it first hand though.
    Spot on, when you soul burn summon a new pet OR use the instant revive pet button (Flames of Xoroth) it will despawn your current enslaved demon.
    It happenend a few times when I missclicked the spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Droobleizawesome View Post
    Wow. the guy came in here for some help and all he gets is a douchebag response. if your not gonna help him dont say shit. are there any nice people left out there....
    No. shout out to scrapbot for being a piece of shit basement dweller!

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    Didn't know whether to post this in the main discussion or not.

Has anyone else noticed the huge amount of bugs in the Kanrethad fight?

Here's a few ive noticed when trying to get my green fire.

1 . Kanrethad sometimes casts cataclysm before the Imps

2. Sometimes, your demonic gateway dosen't work ( even with 5 charges and no cooldown)

3. Kanrethad sometimes casts cataclysm within 30 seconds of summoning the felhunters, and if you cant enslave the enemy you're meant to stop a 1 shot kill with, how do you do it?

4. The enslaved Pit lord is automatically on defensive instead of assist, so it runs to you instead of attacking.

5. Getting killed by Chaos bolt around corners because the hit detection on the pillars dosen't correctly LOS.

6. Getting Killed by Chaos bolt when your pet has aggro.

7. Sometimes Kanrethad bugs out and casts the soft enrage 3 times in a row, ending up with 21 mins on your enrage timer

8. Sometimes your Pit lord despawns

I could go on, i'm currently trying to do this fight and ive noticed numerous bugs, I like the challenge, but I dislike how the fight is based on mechanics which sometimes dont work

Anyone else noticed these bugs?

Thanks

Martyn
    Number 1 never ran into that.
    2 - That happens to me in arena's but as far as I know it's been fixed but I have never ran into that problem outside of arena's.
    3 - Never had that happen, sounds like a bug or a timing issue.
    4 - Thats intended, just click the pet bar to change stance.
    5 - That could be a timing issue, either you didn't los fast enough or he was positioned improperly.
    6 - He tends to always (most of the time anyways) cast chaos bolt at you so this is fine, yes even with your pet having aggro.
    7 - Not a bug, if you dispel the soft enrage he will cast it again so you will have to wait until its about to expire before removing it.
    8 - Never had the pitlord despawn, could be a bug or just odd luck and positioning.

It took me over 100 wipes and 6k gold in repairs albeit I was way under geared for it but skill>gear in this fight unless you can't control the fight properly.

Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    Didn't know whether to post this in the main discussion or not.

Has anyone else noticed the huge amount of bugs in the Kanrethad fight?

Here's a few ive noticed when trying to get my green fire.

1 . Kanrethad sometimes casts cataclysm before the Imps

2. Sometimes, your demonic gateway dosen't work ( even with 5 charges and no cooldown)

3. Kanrethad sometimes casts cataclysm within 30 seconds of summoning the felhunters, and if you cant enslave the enemy you're meant to stop a 1 shot kill with, how do you do it?

4. The enslaved Pit lord is automatically on defensive instead of assist, so it runs to you instead of attacking.

5. Getting killed by Chaos bolt around corners because the hit detection on the pillars dosen't correctly LOS.

6. Getting Killed by Chaos bolt when your pet has aggro.

7. Sometimes Kanrethad bugs out and casts the soft enrage 3 times in a row, ending up with 21 mins on your enrage timer

8. Sometimes your Pit lord despawns

I could go on, i'm currently trying to do this fight and ive noticed numerous bugs, I like the challenge, but I dislike how the fight is based on mechanics which sometimes dont work

Anyone else noticed these bugs?

Thanks

Martyn

1: timing, depends on whether or not you stun doom
    2: If you're not in line of site of BOTH portals it won't work, it will eat an orb and you will get an invisible debuff prohibiting you from using it for 15 seconds
    3: I think you're wrong on this, NEVER happened to me, maybe it's taking you longer to kill them than you thought
    4: That's not a bug, that's just the way it is. Make a macro to send him offensive
    5: Not sure here, maybe you're not quite as LOS as you think you are--also, use cds instead of LoSing, it's better.
    6: You may not realize how much aggro you have, but I'm not sure how it works.
    7: I am not sure what you're talking about, He casts doom, once it goes on you you have 7 minutes unless you clear it with potion of purification
    9: This would be a genuine bug, are you sure you're not letting him get killed? he can die if you let both doom lords wail on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gateway failed to port me many, many times. Even on my successful attempt, it failed to port me. I ended up just having to use UR+SP to reduce and absorb as much dmg as possible, then using the Pit Lord to heal me back up.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

The only time I've had the pitlord despawn on me, was when I accidentally hit Flames of Xoroth. It'll despawn your pitlord and summon your last daemon.