Zandalari Warbringer Mounts

Hi all,

So I've just started farming these things (up to about 10-15 kills, no mount drops yet of course). So from what I'm reading, there are 3 different mobs (different colours) that all share the same spawn points.
    I guess the best way is just to constantly kill any that spawn, rather than trying to find a specific colour?

There's a warbringer and 1 or 2 scouts per zone (excluding Vo4W and Vale). So that's 5 chances you have if it's late at night and you're doing chain kills. They usually have a 45-60 minute CD I've noticed, so if you're patient or slow, you can easily spend a couple hours late at night killing the scouts and warbringers for rep tokens and resources. I got the Zul'Again achieve just in one night with a reasonably fast group so if you just fly in a circle around pandaria with your group you'll be in good shape. The colors of the mobs have nothing to do with the mount drops or their chances. It's all just RNG. Some mobs give you 5 tokens and a big bag, some give 2 tokens and a small bag, there's no real correlation, just gotta be vigilant and keep killing em when you get a chance.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Guess the color of the mob does corrspond with the dropped mount. Nevertheless, it's still a guessing game and I wouldn't worry about going after specific colors unless you really don't care about all the bags of resources and BoA rep tokens.
    Last edited by Redlokyldoreifanggore; 2013-04-12 at 06:33 PM.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

I use npcscan, tracking all 3 ids. When I got my first one, I figured out which npc Id it belonged to and removed it. When I got my second mount, I did the samething. So now I only track 1 warbringer id. It actually works in popping up only if the warbringer is the specific one you need. Unless you want to burn through 21m hp for the insignia and bags, I would rather save that time and hope to find the one that actually drops the mount I want.
    I am not too worried about the other 2 warbringers spawn taking up the spawn point as a lot of people will hunt these guys, so if I don't kill it in 10-20 minutes, another group or soloer will.
    Imo, I rather just leave the spawn as it isn't worth the time or loot. As a guardian, takes me about 5-10 minutes to kill it and being very attentive about my cooldowns and my surrounding if the warbringer has fear. Plus if someone else is doing the samething as you but needs the other warbringer id, it would be nice to swap or leave him the spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Redlokyldoreifanggore View Post
    There's a warbringer and 1 or 2 scouts per zone (excluding Vo4W and Vale). So that's 5 chances you have if it's late at night and you're doing chain kills. They usually have a 45-60 minute CD I've noticed, so if you're patient or slow, you can easily spend a couple hours late at night killing the scouts and warbringers for rep tokens and resources. I got the Zul'Again achieve just in one night with a reasonably fast group so if you just fly in a circle around pandaria with your group you'll be in good shape. The colors of the mobs have nothing to do with the mount drops or their chances. It's all just RNG. Some mobs give you 5 tokens and a big bag, some give 2 tokens and a small bag, there's no real correlation, just gotta be vigilant and keep killing em when you get a chance.
    Not true, I'd have a hard time believing blizzard would actually go through the trouble of creating 3 different NPCs with different NPC IDs just to have them randomly drop the different colored mounts. So far I have gotten the Slate off of a Slate Warbringer and the Jade off of a Jade Warbringer.

Also looking at the wowhead page for each Warbringer you can see that each one has only ever dropped the mount that corresponds to their color:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69842
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69841
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69769
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlokyldoreifanggore View Post
    The colors of the mobs have nothing to do with the mount drops or their chances.
    The colors of the mobs are totally random and unrelated with the zone where it spawns, but the mount (if it drops) will always have same color than the mob you killed, (I got 2/3 I just miss the jade color now, 50+ kills.)

10+ Year Old Account
    When I farm i just make the circle around Pandaria and kill whatever is spawned. You'll know what mount can drop by the color of the one he is on.

Thanks for your responses guys, was just to confirm what I already thought, which is that the 3rd mount I need will be a pain in the ass.
    I'm on a high pop server so they're pretty much always dead.