10+ Year Old Account

If burst is already out of control...

Then what is going to happen in 5.3 when everyone is stacking PvP power? Oh god...

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say burst is out of control. I would say some classes have some terrible, terrible burst. Blizzard is working through it (albeit slowly).

As a Healer, I will likely be stacking PvP Resilience over Power. I don't play the PTR, so I will find out in live play/ through the forums once 5.3 is live.

And they will most likely be buffing a lot of classes' damage AGAIN.

I love how the 5.2 to massive and full-retard damage buffs went live. That's part of the reason why almost ALL classes have burst that's worse than warrior and hunter burst in 5.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    I, and many others I imagine, will continue to stack resil in gem form.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    I, and many others I imagine, will continue to stack resil in gem form.
    I agree. I'll still be stacking resil. The longer you can survive, the better.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Then what is going to happen in 5.3 when everyone is stacking PvP power? Oh god...
    Why would people stack pvp power? Resil gems are still in the game. Nothing changes.

Just a heads up, that resil gives you a LOT less reduction per gem. One gem is around .14% IIRC

Looks like ww monks, enh shamans, mages and warriors are all getting damage buffs in the latest PTR notes (unless they're tooltip fixes).

Quote Originally Posted by Demonized View Post
    Looks like ww monks, enh shamans, mages and warriors are all getting damage buffs in the latest PTR notes (unless they're tooltip fixes).
    Mages and warriors aren't getting any real buffs, the only ones are aoe and QoL changes so far. And a nerf to combustion. And WW monks are getting a very small buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Just a heads up, that resil gives you a LOT less reduction per gem. One gem is around .14% IIRC
    Yes, they changed resil quite recently, the higher the percentage, the less of an effect more resil has.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Yes, they changed resil quite recently, the higher the percentage, the less of an effect more resil has.
    What the .... are you talking about? Did they change resilience again on the ptr?
    Last resilience change was in 5.2 so that it scales linearly. Linearly means every point of resilience gives you the exact same benefit than the previous one no matter if you have 0 or 10 000 resilience. Of course you get less % dmg reduction on higher numbers but that is how %-based damage reduction works. It doesn't mean resilience has less effect on higher numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose most people will keep stacking Resilience, however, if burst is too high, they can either increase the base resilience to say 70%, or reduce the scaling of PvP Power.
    Seeing how many changes they are doing for PvP, I'm pretty sure they'll keep an eye on how burst is and make changes if necessary.

I actually think that the game is pretty decent right now except for a few outliers. Yes, there is burst but most of the burst can be controlled correctly. The only problem I see right now is hunters and rogues in thugcleave. They open on you full force and you have maybe 2-3 GCDs to respond to that damage or you die. It is really difficult and not fun at all to play on either side. If Blizzard could get a handle on the insane from stealth burst of rogues/hunters I think it would be in an okay spot with the resilience and item scaling changes.

I sometimes think that even though the players liked the TBC arena the best because of it's pace and reliance on skill more than burst, Blizzard likes the big numbers because they are more fun. Games are over in 2-3 minutes but you can requeue and go again. Only problem is that if you are not a certain comp you almost always lose. It is like they want WoW pvp to be like D3 PvP.