X Mount Achievements

Does anyone know if the Jeweled Onyx Panther counts as 4 (or 5) mounts toward the achievement? I'd like to get the new 200 mount achievement, but I don't want to have to make the 4 individual mounts again to learn them. I don't make money quickly and these are easier to get than drops.

Deleted
    It counts as 1 mount.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on what your ingame total is you'd be much better off just making all 4 base mounts and learning them if you're just after numbers. It may be different for others but the onyx panther isn't exactly an upgrade for me on looks compared to the other derp panthers, so numbers wise it's better to get the 4 base and forget about onyx till you get some good dupers on your realm(or get pets over to a realm that already has onyx going for 20-35k).
    Last edited by Wilhelm137; 2013-04-22 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    Does anyone know if the Jeweled Onyx Panther counts as 4 (or 5) mounts toward the achievement? I'd like to get the new 200 mount achievement, but I don't want to have to make the 4 individual mounts again to learn them. I don't make money quickly and these are easier to get than drops.
    Once you learn a mount, it is yours. The Jeweled Panther requires 4 other colored panthers to make it, so of course, learning them will mean you'd have to get them all over again. As Wilhelm said above me, if you're trying to go after the 200 mounts, just learn the 4 different colors and forget about the jeweled one. At least for now. You can make all 4 and then make the Jeweled Panther down the road.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Depending on what your ingame total is you'd be much better off just making all 4 base mounts and learning them if you're just after numbers. It may be different for others but the onyx panther isn't exactly an upgrade for me on looks compared to the other derp panthers, so numbers wise it's better to get the 4 base and forget about onyx till you get some good dupers on your realm(or get pets over to a realm that already has onyx going for 20-35k).
    You actually encourage people to buy duped mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    From a purely mount collectors PoV (game morality aside), dupers save people a LOT of gold. Just an unfortunate fact.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Encourage people? no. However after 5 years with this game blizzards stance on duping and what happens if you buy duped items for personal use(not resale) seems extremely clear to me, in which they will do absolutely nothing and more often then not as I've found they will give you real copies of an item you bought from a duper(if they don't work) rather than put the effort forth and delete the item and use people as an example by not refunding their gold for taking part in buying from dupers.

From a mount collector standpoint though blizzard has given us enough middle fingers over the years(being slow on mount achievements or just giving recolors) that I honestly have no problem buying an expensive mount for 1/3 of the cost for personal use just to up my total and have gold left over for other mounts. By not doing anything about the problem of bots/dupers and flat out denying the existence of dupers on multiple occasions I can guarantee blizz will do absolutely nothing if you do buy said duped mount and will actually bend over backwards to give you a real one should it not turn out to be usable because they just want to try and paint a better picture of themselves rather than call out their faults(items are being duped there is no doubt about it and yet they do nothing).