Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Um, yes he did? He even specified LFR.
    There's a period after raid. The bolded part is a new sentence. From the part before that, it makes me think he's telling us that he has been using msv lfr and hof lfr to gear up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I know sentences work but it's written so poorly that I can see it being understood both ways. I guess we'll have to wait for him to clarify.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

A lot of bad very time consuming advice in this thread.

A quick efficient way of getting your Ilvl up (480) is by getting honor gear. Honor gear alone will get you up to exactly 475, but you can start doing the old LFRs at 460 and 470. After getting a few 476s and 483s from those you can fill out the remaining gaps with honor stuff. All this can be casually done in the same lockout you ding 90.

If and when you get stuck at 475-479 just wait one lockout and get the 522 valor necklace, that should be enough to get you into ToT LFR. After that all you can do is cap valor and do the LFRs to get rid of all the 476s, or of course just raid.

Another tip, doing the treasure trove scenario thing gives about 15-20 coins each time, and those coins can really help getting rid of 476s.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    What's your current item level? The first LFR for MSV requires 460 itlvl, which you can get quite easily by getting some heroic items and justice/honor-rewards.
    See, I disagree about "quite easily" there. At least the second time on...

You can get some 463 items from heroics, but let's say you're a DPS. That's a long time waiting in queues. Still, I've done it. But the other gear requires dailies for rep before you can spend your VP. That's why I stopped after one alt this time. My final characters levels for this expansion are 90, 90, 89, 88, the rest are 85s. Nobody's going to get another level this expansion. Not unless they take away the rep requirement for VP gear.

You can always cheat ilvl by doing pvp to get 476 gear then to get the last 4 ilvl buy the 522 valor neck. If that somehow doesn't get you to 480 you can kill the pvp rares from shieldwall/dominance dailies to get 483 trinkets. That's how I get my fresh 90's to get in to tot lfr. (PvP gear isn't so bad it just has resil/pvp power)

Just buy a complete set of crafted PVP gear. There is no PVP tax so they have the same amount of primary and secondary stats as PVE gear and can in fact be better than PVE gear because of having different secondary stats on it. They are ilvl 458 and you can buy cheap ilvl 450 rings, trinkets and mainhand weapons. Darkmoon trinket is relatively cheap and you can get 476 boots from Sha quest. As mistweaver you can get the 476 offhand relatively cheap and other gear in general and if you have a scribe you can make a 476 staff. Isle of Thunder dailies get you fast the rep needed to buy a 476 belt and you can try your luck with Oondasta, Nalak and Galleon. Other PVP items you can buy for honor are also an alternative and 476 crafted gear is relatively cheap but hard to find (you probably have to write someone to craft it for you).

In fact there are so many ways how to get to ilvl 460 so that you can start doing LFR and with higher droprates in LFR and a high droprate of coins in Trove of the Thunderking (when doing dailies on the Ilse of Thunder you'll get a key) you gear up very fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    We got our new tank from level 85 to tanking ToT in two weeks.

He powered up to 90, used heroics, Sha boots and 496 crafted until he qualified for MV LFR. A few drops from there and then into for HoF and Terrace. Bought the cheap 522 VP neck, was able to qualify for ToT LFR and ran that with tokens until he was around 485, then we started brining him to ToT normal for drops there. We also did a HoF/Terrace normal clear for him but not a single useful thing dropped; that would have sped things up a lot if it had.

He's like ~495 now, and he seriously just hit level 90 three weeks ago.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    We got our new tank from level 85 to tanking ToT in two weeks.
    Im guessing he's an old friend or something? that seems like a lot of effort to gear a guy stuck at level 85!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Im guessing he's an old friend or something? that seems like a lot of effort to gear a guy stuck at level 85!
    Yeah. An old raiding buddy. It was an alt he hadn't touched yet this expansion, but we needed a tank and he likes tanking so he volunteered.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Process seems to be 90 > normal > heroic > 5.1 dailies and 5.0 LFR > 5.2 LFR
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The best route is to run Heroics which are Faceroll and convert to Honor, the New PVP gear has the same stats on it as PVE gear it just has extra pvp stats as well. The gear is 476 ilvl, This added in with the LFR should get you to the point where you need to be at for the new LFR which has 502 ilvl gear.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Process seems to be 90 > normal > heroic > 5.1 dailies and 5.0 LFR > 5.2 LFR
    No. This is so inefficient. Also can you even do normal mode dungeons at level cap anymore?

Do all of the four world bosses for the week for a start. Even winning one item will help boost your ilvl a lot. Heroics, I don't care for, I actually do scenerios. It might not be the best way to get 463 gear, but you almost always end up getting something. Sometimes the ilvl is 450, but sometimes it's 463 and on rare occasion, 476. Plus they're really fast to do. I seem to get something almost every time from the bag. Heroics do work as well, but of course you have to roll against other people much of the time. The benefit is you get JP's which of course will boost your ilvl as well, as you can buy ilvl 458 gear. Once you hit 460, jump into MSV and keep on truckin!

10+ Year Old Account
    Get pvp gear, 522 neck, and 1-2 496 boe pieces. That will easily get you over 480.

Deleted
    My recent story
    - quested dread waste with 89 to get enough ilvl for heroics (my server is dead, there's noone who could craft you 458 or even 450 pvp gear)
    - dinged 90 last saturday
    - bought some pvp pieces from honor via battlegrounds i played before 90 & some pve pieces from justice points i acquired from running dungeons while leveling up
    - some heroics, some pvp to get into lfr
    - raised Klaxxi reputation via account bound coins to exalted, that gave me a 489 ring (you need to free all klaxxi guys in dread waste to be eligible for that quest so you won't get it without questing)
    - solo scenario for some bonus rolls (got 15ish in total)
    - ran through all of lfr 1-3 and got ilvl up to 478 without buying a single piece from the auction house or getting lucky on 496+ pieces on Sha/Galleon, pvp gear filled all the gaps
    - ran solo scenario again this id, got a similar amount of bonus rolls
    - lfr 1-3 again to raise my ilvl above 480, jumped into the new runs right afterwards.
    - bought a piece from the Shado Pan Assault (522 trinket), got lucky on Galleon (496 boots), crafted some gloves (496) and got two loots from lfr -> ilvl 488 with only one blue item left (offhand)

Some things to consider for future alts:
    - use your bonus rolls on the later lfrs (2.1+2.2+3) due to the ilvl difference to 1.1+1.2 (476 to 483) since you can run the same lfr multiple times and while you can't get loot the regular way multiple times you can use your bonus roll every time.
    - if you got some pvp skills and find somebody in the mood + get some gear you can jump into arena, this will grant you one 493 (496 with 5.3) piece every week and is extremly helpful in the beginning to get your desired ilvl
    - if you're in no hurry with the higher lfrs you can just do the pvp dailies on the isle of thunder every day for some time, this will grant you a new piece of 476 gear every 3-4 days and should not be a challenge even with almost no gear

For the new bonus Rolls: i'd aim for 1 on Oondasta (chance of 522), 1 on Nalak (chance on 522/493) and the last one in lfr on a boss with a nice weapon and maybe a token if possible
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-04-12 at 10:53 PM.

Deleted
    Whatever you do, dont bother doing dailies for anything other than mogu runes. The rep gear is outdated.

Go grind heroics and grind 476 honor gear

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    not true that rep is earned from killing trash(till 2999/3000) then only 330 rep per boss in ToT.

the 5.2 dailies offer only a 476 belt for gold at honored.
    You can get friendly if you kill trash to at least 2500/3000 then do the Treasure Trove quest for +500 rep. But that would still require getting into the raid to kill said trash, so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I just leveled my paladin alt and got to 475 ilvl in 2-3 days...I can't stand grinding heroics and prefer pvp so my approach was:

1. Buy 458 ilvl pvp gear (mats are cheap, if the crafted gear is super pricey in AH get a blacksmith/tailor/leatherworker to craft the gear for you with your mats).
    2. Do the 5.2 dailies and run the treasure room for Elder Charms of Good Fortune--you'll have to farm the key to the room for this, not hard considering that the respawn rates of rares/chests that drop the key is fairly high.
    3. Kill Oon/Sha/Nalak, get the 475 boots from the claw of anger that drops from Sha
    4. PvP'd for honor upgrades until my ilvl was high enough for MV.
    5. Used elder charms for every boss encounter that gave me a significant upgrade in MV, then on to HoF and ToES.

Remember that pvp gear doesn't take up pve stat slots anymore so go ahead and use it for pve if its ilvl/stats are a significant upgrade (unless you are a paladin/warrior tank, which you are not).

Good luck, have fun gearing up.
    +1 - Seems like the best way

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaikos View Post
    Hi, ive been playing monk for a week or so and i want to gear up to raid. The lfr for heart of fear and msv and so on, there are no 5 man heroics to get gear from. Im completely lost in how to gear om up nowadays. Do you have any tips?
    Ways to gear up:

1) Run heroics non stop and convert the JP to honor. Buy all the 476 honor gear that have secondary stats you like.

2) Run the treasure scenario on the isle of thunder. Do this weekly to keep 15+ Elder gold coins

3) Run every single LFR that has an item drop that's an upgrade for you and use coins on these bosses ! You can keep running the same LFR bosses and use coins on them for loot.

4) Cap valor every week and spend it on all the 522 gear

5) Kill sha and galleon every week and use a gold coin on these 2 bosses

6) Get 3 mogu gold coins every week and use it on oondasta and nalak. Use the third one on what ever.

I have an alt that I just play casually and doesn't raid. It has a 503 ilvl from doing the above. Gearing up is retardedly easy you just got to have a plan and some patience.
    Last edited by rated; 2013-04-13 at 03:25 PM.