Will Hearthstone come on android and other platforms MUCH later than expected?

ugh,sorry for the typo in the title
    Will Hearthstone come on android and other platforms MUCH later than expected?*

I know they are looking for possibilities of hosting it on other platforms (http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/...69?page=23#455) but I have a feeling that it will come much much later than expected.

My argument probably won't hold but I own an android and there are a lot of games that the ios and android do not have in common. Even though there are some games on both platforms, the features are not all the same or the game won't be released on the other platform until later. My example is The Simpsons Tapped out. Simpsons tapped out came for ios in March 1 2012 and then came out for the android almost a year later in feb 6 2013.

Even then not all the features were available for android like the ios like being able to add friends; you basically were playing alone even though you had to connect online to play the game. The social connectivity was not implemented on the android until a few days ago through origin.

Some of you may argue that simpsons tapped out wasn't a social game to begin with and while hearthstone may be which is why being able to connect with friends in simpsons in the android wasn't immediate. The developers of hearthstone may have a top priority of online connection for all platforms but seeing it implemented in the android and other platforms soon after ios,windows and mac is far at most. The android is a different device from the ios and may take awhile to make the game for these different (if not whole different) platforms.

What do you guys think?
    Do you think it will come out soon after or much much later after it is implemented on ios,mac, and windows

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, with a team of only 15 people it's going to be hard to get things doen quickly, I guess. Though perhaps this porting to Android is not just down to the 15 man dev team, but involves a larger, technical team. In anyway, it's going to be PC/Mac, with IOS shortly after, so my guess is they are allready working on these. Android work will likely not start untill after they've gotten through the launch (which will be hectic for the team, with bug fixing and balance issues) AND then the IOS launch (which will give similar issues).

So my guess is that it could be a long while, depending also on how well the game does with it's IOS release.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well, with a team of only 15 people it's going to be hard to get things doen quickly, I guess. Though perhaps this porting to Android is not just down to the 15 man dev team, but involves a larger, technical team. In anyway, it's going to be PC/Mac, with IOS shortly after, so my guess is they are allready working on these. Android work will likely not start untill after they've gotten through the launch (which will be hectic for the team, with bug fixing and balance issues) AND then the IOS launch (which will give similar issues).

So my guess is that it could be a long while, depending also on how well the game does with it's IOS release.
    Do you know if its the same for games that are released on console and computer? Most games that are released on xbox are released at the same time as computer (most anyway). Maybe the trade off is a much longer development?

If so, I actually wouldn't mind that. but then other people would say "thats not fair! why put the release date off much further just so you can release it on more platforms!" which is also a valid point i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    Do you know if its the same for games that are released on console and computer? Most games that are released on xbox are released at the same time as computer (most anyway). Maybe the trade off is a much longer development?

If so, I actually wouldn't mind that. but then other people would say "thats not fair! why put the release date off much further just so you can release it on more platforms!" which is also a valid point i guess.
    It's pretty easy to convert between platforms. Well...semi easy, when they share a similar operating system or use the same base. XNA, for instance, is used for Windows Games and for XBox games and can be integrated into Visual Studio to be developed with any language. I can't speak for Google and Android, but I don't believe it's so simple in this case. Android has multiple versions and platforms to develop for: Kindle, tablets, tablet phones, phones, and so on, and if I remember from the SDK I looked at it isn't as easy as just selecting an output platform to build to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Porting from iOS to Android is not easy. The architecture is different, and there's a wide variety of hardware that can run Android but which has various different features. For example, some Droid devices use resistive screens instead of capacitive screens which prevent certain types of touch functionality from working (such as pinching), which can break some key control functions in game.