10+ Year Old Account

Isle of Thunder Final Stage What did you do?

What did you do when the final stage was about to unlock?
    EU~Outland Alliance did this.

These footage was made on 12 April, When the stage was at 99%, And at the end there were over 500 people in the area, and even people from our own Realm began to phase due the amount of players and we costed a server crash when the world boss went down.

This is one of the early footage we took before the massive amount of 500 people came.

(Sorry for the giant screenshots!=D)

Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    While this are some awesome screenshots you got, I truly started hating the daily quest design in 5.2 after the first week/stage and never visited it again except for the scenarios and now Nalak. 5.0 and especially 5.1 daily quests were superior to these ones... by miles.

5th stage opened while we were raiding, completed the raid, went to nalak and 10manned it with guild (there wasnt anyone to invite)

dead servers ftw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atfirst View Post
    5th stage opened while we were raiding, completed the raid, went to nalak and 10manned it with guild (there wasnt anyone to invite)

dead servers ftw
    You don't want to know how hard Outland lagged, 500 people damn..
    I couldn't even attack and the boss was just frozen, so many dots he got he couldn't do a single thing.
    The boss died infront us, frozen and doing nothing =P

Well, Draenor EU on horde side (alliance is practically abandoned on the server) looked something like this at 99%
    Note that this was half an hour before the final stage actually unlocked, by then there were far more players at the scene and it did eventually disconnect everyone in the area as we downed Nalak.

Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Silvermoon, 99% (on Wednesday evening)
    http://i.imgur.com/gjsQ6mK.jpg

Yeah... There's a lot more there than it seems. I managed to get a dot or 3 on Nalak by spamming the binds... somehow worked and got tag.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2013-04-13 at 06:56 AM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Opened on my server at like 95% or something, everyone went to beat up Nalak for the rest of the day, that was about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny how all you guys are brave waiting by the door till it opens.
    While at Outland everyone finds a way to get through that door and summon everyone they can summon in it, help complete strangers getting in the area just to fuck the rules ;p

This kind of stuff happens regularly on KJ. Just yesterday we had a giant WPVP battle over the world boss.

There actually are server community events like that nowadays, wouldn't have expected that. It's nice to see that, except for the fact that I don't really get why you assembled there, at least on my realm the doors were already open and Nalak killable at ~90% of stage 5, which happened sometime during the morning hours when nobody played... till now I thought that happened on all realms or am I mistaken?

As far as the dailies on that island go, problem with them is IMO that they started out quite quick and focussed on three small areas and then they started growing with each stage, into that abominously wide spread hunt across the whole island we have today which takes about double the time for a minimal increase in rewards compared to release state. Weird. Now that the island is done I'll be going back to Golden Lotus for the sake of collecting 90 lesser charms per week, at least you could fly there.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2013-04-12 at 10:17 PM.

The PvP dailies take less than 10 min to do and that involves traversing the isle. I'm disappointed that after the first stage no new dailies were added. Same dailies the last 3 gates plus a couple short scenarios

Opened on my server at like 95% or something
    I don't really get why you assembled there, at least on my realm the doors were already open and Nalak killable at ~90% of stage 5
    This is because stage 5 was unlocked by the opposite faction on your server, and as soon as stage 5 is unlocked by either faction, the gates to Nalak open for both factions. Since unlocks are based on participation, both factions on all servers have an equal chance of progressing through the stages on Isle of Thunder.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    As far as the dailies on that island go, problem with them is IMO that they started out quite quick and focussed on three small areas and then they started growing with each stage, into that abominously wide spread hunt across the whole island we have today which takes about double the time for a minimal increase in rewards compared to release state. Weird. Now that the island is done I'll be going back to Golden Lotus for the sake of collecting 90 lesser charms per week, at least you could fly there.
    I agree, they take forever, ground mount only (???wtf) and are widespread and unorganised. Just horrible design. Not to mention stuns from random mobs that further slow you down. Which is why I'm far from exalted even on main char. Just taking my time via a few dungeons or scenarios a week to get that rep, which is the only good thing 5.2 brought besides ToT normal and heroic raid.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    I never do dailies and never will so I did nothing...I logged on to do my raid and logged back off. :P

I sat around waiting for the final stage to unlock. Loads of my fellow Draenor EU hordies were waiting around too by the hub and likely near Nalak too, bunch were being morons and had their fun sitting on Lor'themar with their mammoths... Once it unlocked I did the scenario in peace, Nalak died during that time and once I was done I went over to get my own kill and yeah, we had hundreds of people around too, was crazy and the isle became one giant lagfest.

Crazy, but kinda fun.

There was about 1500 people waiting for him on Area 52 as he spawned the first time. We crashed the server as soon as he spawned, and then 4 more times after that. It was good stuff.

wow i just slacked without doing dailies all day waiting for others to complete them so i can kill nalak :<

Deleted
    We mounted onto mammoths and direhorns and lined up; then spread out did other stuff as time went on.

frostmane - EU alliance

EU Ravencrest unlock during primetime Thursday, would say there was ~2000 if not more people there. The client obviously phased out most, so screenshots are irrelevant.

Server crashed 5 times after Nalak spawned.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake