Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Rogues are both overpowered and underpowered. Rogues respond heatedly to feedback suggesting nerfs because rogue gameplay is already unenjoyable and we/they are afraid the gameplay will remain bad, and the nerfs will be uncompensated in the departments rogues are actually lacking.

i still don't think that rogues were so bad last season that they warranted the full retard buffs they got this season.

the problem with rogues last season was that disc priests were shit, putting RMP out of commission. the fact that warriors were full retard didn't help matters since warriors could replace any melee in any comp and make it autowin.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i still don't think that rogues were so bad last season that they warranted the full retard buffs they got this season.

the problem with rogues last season was that disc priests were shit, putting RMP out of commission. the fact that warriors were full retard didn't help matters since warriors could replace any melee in any comp and make it autowin.
    You're right, rogues weren't bad last season, and then they buffed us lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Delznope View Post
    I'd link your armory but the highest rogue "Eazye" is level 85.
    I'm pretty sure you were trying to find my armory on US servers so...Here it is! Nothing special huh? But yeah, I'm not talking how godly I'm and do not showing any proofs, that would sound ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    You are coming off as just another rogue who is desperate to quash any conversation about Rogues being overpowered, because you know its the truth and are wrongfully afraid Blizzard might catch on and do something. But dont fear, they didnt buff Rogues because they have some design on having the game actually balanced, they buffed rogues because they like Rep numbers. Unless everyone rerolls rogue on this whole site, I doubt they will change anything from what we say.
    I'm pretty sure you're playing warrior? Aren't you? So I think you are wrong, look at Reckful(best rogue in my opinion in Cataclysm Expansion), you know what he did? Changed from rogue to warrior, you want to know why? Because warriors are/were(in patches 5.0-5.1) better than rogues. I know that rogues are right now in a GOOD position, but they aren't as good as people are talking, it is because rogue were always WEAK POINTS for some people for a long time and they just cannot adapt and learn how to counter them. There were always crying over rogues how OP they are. I do not like to play PvP with my rogue in MoP because mechanics are too complicated to do the same thing as other classes(maybe it's just me? I don't know). I'd like to see Blizzard delete some of the rogue abilities... but they should also delete some abilities from other classes also(like second wind for warriors).

Deleted
    buffed to god status? the "major" buffs we got in 5.2 were:

prep baseline
    1 min cloak
    4% more damage from SV debuff
    20 more energy
    Marked for Death ( if someone mentions shuriken toss they havent tried marked for death )
    Cloak and Dagger

even with these so called god status buffs our rep is nowhere near the retarded 25% the warriors had in start of mop
    Last edited by mmoc8773a6c500; 2013-04-14 at 09:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    buffed to god status? the "major" buffs we got in 5.2 were:

prep baseline
    1 min cloak
    4% more damage from SV debuff
    20 more energy
    Marked for Death ( if someone mentions shuriken toss they havent tried marked for death )
    Cloak and Dagger

even with these so called god status buffs our rep is nowhere near the retarded 25% the warriors had in start of mop
    Umm, not to be a douchbag here, but sub is currently doing twice as good as warriors at the start of MoP.

Warriors were sitting on 25% (I'm sure it only was 20%, but ok) above 2.2k with 10% global, that's with a factor 2.5.
    Currently sub is sitting on 9.3% with only 1.9% global, that's close to a factor 5.

Just looking at the 2.2k rep without looking at the global rep is something you shouldn't do, it gives very wrong ideas.

OP, as I said earlier.... try subtlety in competitive arenas, you're running a mindless spec. Also, I've played a ~lot~ of RBGs this season on five characters / four classes and have never seen a rogue even come close to the top of the damage board, let alone top it. Either your battlegroup has no active locks/warriors/DKs or you're trolling.

I'd be especially interested in seeing your dueling videos - killing a hunter without blowing all your cooldowns? I've been taken to under 60% hp by a hunter's pet before my 6second cheapshot wore off the hunter I opened on - and I'm gemmed for resilience at 492ilvl.
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2013-04-14 at 12:58 PM.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Umm, not to be a douchbag here, but sub is currently doing twice as good as warriors at the start of MoP.

Warriors were sitting on 25% (I'm sure it only was 20%, but ok) above 2.2k with 10% global, that's with a factor 2.5.
    Currently sub is sitting on 9.3% with only 1.9% global, that's close to a factor 5.

Just looking at the 2.2k rep without looking at the global rep is something you shouldn't do, it gives very wrong ideas.
    sub has nowhere near the survivability warriors had nor the mobility, and dont forget the 5 stack tfb's just insta gibbin somebody. oh ye and all that gag order nonsense.

Deleted
    Yes its quite stupid. The bad rogues got it easier while the good rogues got semi godlike.
    Guess you should enjoy it while it lasts, as blizzard have a thing for buffing stupidly over the top and then turn and smack the class back down into the ground x3 times to hard.

Just look at warriors they got neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Just look at warriors they got neutered.
    No they didn't, we still put out crazy damage it's just now warriors don't have prot-worthy survivability. If I had to chose between facing arms or subtlety as the last players standing in an arena, I'd pick rogue on all of my classes (including on my warrior and rogue).
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2013-04-14 at 02:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    also known as "Resilience will Fix it", and no it wont. If you would like to see the stupidity of your agrument, log into the PTR, they give you full conquest, and go fight something, AS A ROGUE.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 07:25 PM ----------

pve :40% base resil so 60% go trough, full elite s13 with resil gemmed: 68% resil so 22% go trough, thats almost only 1/3 of the damage , you really want to argue that resil is weak?

Personally i dont get gibbed by rogues, they drop me at best to 20% inside shadowdance with everything up, bm hunters on the other hand instabig me in 2 globals if i dont preemptive use defensive cooldowns. Demo locks same shit, cc the player as much as you like, np pet army got ya though i guess with the right class they are less of an issue (i.e. aoe fear as priest)

The only problem that occurs with all dps classes and thereby also rogues is the pve trinket which gives 8+k mainstat. Together with racial +engi you can double your mainstat =trololol dps. Will get nerfed in 5.3 tough so relax
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2013-04-14 at 04:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Rogues are both overpowered and underpowered. Rogues respond heatedly to feedback suggesting nerfs because rogue gameplay is already unenjoyable and we/they are afraid the gameplay will remain bad, and the nerfs will be uncompensated in the departments rogues are actually lacking.
    Well we know they are overpowered in burst and control department, do you think they are lacking defense? What are the departments rogues are actually lacking? They are boring to play that's true, but I don't really know how would I fix it, you seem to know, would you mind share your knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    sub has nowhere near the survivability warriors had nor the mobility, and dont forget the 5 stack tfb's just insta gibbin somebody. oh ye and all that gag order nonsense.
    Sub has better mobility (after avatar nerf) - and better survivability vs casters.

5 stack TFBs happened once in a blue moon (didn't mean it wasn't retarded - it was just so rare that it's not worth making a point about). 1-3 stack TFBs COUPLED with cooldown stacking, root immunity from avatar, fear immunity, shockwave, warbringer and gag order was what was retarded.

Rogues are just as bad now. They have a higher skillcap, so they aren't as noob-friendly as warriors were, but their damage during CDs is comparable to warr pre-nerf and with cloak+subterfuge+bomb they are completely unpeelable during their burst. Rogues are very all-in (which warriors weren't, you could blow all your CDs and still survive forever), but that doesn't excuse the stupid numbers and swaps they can pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    OP, as I said earlier.... try subtlety in competitive arenas, you're running a mindless spec. Also, I've played a ~lot~ of RBGs this season on five characters / four classes and have never seen a rogue even come close to the top of the damage board, let alone top it. Either your battlegroup has no active locks/warriors/DKs or you're trolling.

I'd be especially interested in seeing your dueling videos - killing a hunter without blowing all your cooldowns? I've been taken to under 60% hp by a hunter's pet before my 6second cheapshot wore off the hunter I opened on - and I'm gemmed for resilience at 492ilvl.
    ? I have a sub spec, but only use it for fun. I only arena for points so don't go by my arena ratings. Delznope on youtube is my page if you want to see me in action.

10+ Year Old Account

Sap the pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Sap the pet?
    Sap on a camo'd unit? oO

10+ Year Old Account
    Sap on a camo'd unit? oO
    you get time with subterfuge... what the hell are you on about?

From the tooltip for camouflage; "You blend into your surroundings, causing you and your pet to be untargetable by ranged attacks. "

Sap is a ranged attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the tooltip for camouflage; "You blend into your surroundings, causing you and your pet to be untargetable by ranged attacks. "

Sap is a ranged attack.
    Yeah, and after you open with subterfuge the pet is revealed and sappable.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Yeah, and after you open with subterfuge the pet is revealed and sappable.
    Flare disagrees with that. Anyways, why would you sap the pet not the healer? The point was that I don't believe a rogue can kill a hunter without using their CDs, ever.