Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    The problem is that all guilds who don't completely suck are already 12/12 normal and ilvl 520+. The rest are still wiping on Horridon. Of course when they clear normal they will start heroic and don't want to take someone who's undergeared and doesn't even know tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    who are these guilds? atm no guild with even 2/13 hc is going to look at LFR logs. and 1/13 = gunship/morchok loot pinata skill isn't HM raiding.
    My guild is 4/13H and we look at LFR logs. There's no discernible difference between an LFR log and Normal log if the player is treating it correctly. In fact, it's a great way for players to get a quick log showing their abilities if their guild runs with private logs.

Quote Originally Posted by LordBalkoth View Post
    Getting gear/learning encounters getting up to date gems and reforges makes sense. Would I have an easier time joining as a DPS or should I try as a healer? I love healing but I am open to playing the lamest dps spec if needed.
    Healers are always in demand despite shamans being not exactly at a super strong position currently. As for dps the already mentioned warlocks and rogues are in really high demand as well for being fotm.
    How low exactly is your gear ? Most guilds running 8+hcs now probably wouldn't want to pick up a wildcard that needs to be geared first right now unless they are really desperate - at least mine and the ones I have contacts to largely wouldn't unless of course the person comes with the right credentials. That said this tier isn't the easiest and the average progress isn't that fast so guilds with only one or two kills might have quite the demand even for not so perfectly geared players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal the man View Post
    The problem is that all guilds who don't completely suck are already 12/12 normal and ilvl 520+.
    Is that so?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Is that so?
    At least on my server. Maybe not literally but almost.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did this all the time back in BC and I performed well despite being undergeared (as a healer though)
    Not possible nowadays imo, you need gear no matter how skilled you are to be useful for your raid

Unfortunatly I think you need to join a 'bad' guild to get geared up.

We had an app recently with less-than-desired experience, because of a break from raiding. But what he managed to do since he had come back was get all golds in Challenge Modes (as a tank). While I'd consider that a step or two below heroic raiding, they do require knowledge of cooldowns, smart movement, and good awareness.

If you can find a group of people to run Challenge Modes and get all golds, I'd suggest you do that. It shows dedication and some level of skill, and it's probably easier to get together than a pug group of ToT regularly to build up a resume.

And if you can get all golds as a resto shaman, that's even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    The others are right OP...
    Your chance on finding a Heroic Guild is near Zero. Where you could find one eventually if you were geared enough, and even your absence wouldn't be too much of a problem. The problem I see is your past. Do you have anything to offer on content cleared? A heroic record with nerfed content doesn't speak very well for you.
    Pre-Nerf is what the heroic progression guilds looking for.

Your best chances are to put ads up in the Recruitment Forums. Here, and in the official forums. Explain yourself detailed. What I see as ideal for you would be a fairly large guild with several raid groups, of which their top group is going through heroic difficulty. Join them, and work your way up through their lower progression groups. No guild would ignore an exceptional player in their ranks, even if they play in the lower progression.

Deleted
    just play a warlock all want warlocks ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Is that so?
    That's very much so I'm afraid.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    The important thing is to not give up. You will be behind in every aspect of the game. Work hard at getting everything up to date (legendary progression is very important). This is a really hard time for you to want to start raiding.

As others have said, applying to a good guild at this point is tough. We are half-way though progress which forces me to reject everything on sight, if they don't have 520 ilvl and almost completed secrets.

I took a DK toward the end of ToES who had little MoP experience, but his app was exceptionally strong. He was a project to gear up for T15, but came in knowing he would be used for farm only to begin with. He turned up to every raid and never complained, and is now a mainstay in our setup and one of the top geared DKs in the world.

My advice would be to find a 25m guild who need your class badly, and are possibly desperate for numbers. You should be able to find a more relaxed 25m guild who will appreciate a really good application. You will gear twice as fast in 25m, which will give you a real shot at getting into a good guild before the next tier comes out.

FYI if your aim is to play 10m HC, Resto Shaman is probably not the smartest choice of class.

I wonder how many people have actually moved IRL to join a raiding guild.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatestorm View Post
    Don't join a below average guild farming normals, just join an average that's getting into early heroics that's on jinrokh or something. They're easy to get into and you can get experience.
    Kind of amused by this.

Surely by definition average is the dead middle of all guilds raiding.

So actually the average is 3/12 normal.

If you are 2/13HC your are in top 5%.

Most decent guilds will probably take you for a trial if you prove you're worth while (speaking from personal experience). If you don't put in the effort to prove you're not shit, then they won't bother. Skill >>>>> Gear (atleast leading up to t14, dunno if gear is that big of a deal in t15 since I quit at the end of last tier due to boredom, but hey that's what lfr is for!)
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2013-04-13 at 10:23 AM.

Deleted
    I'm just wondering. What would be so bad about a 6/12 normal mode guild? The patch has been out for 1 month and 1 week. There's about 5 months until we'll get a new raid if we are lucky. That 6/12 guild has all the chance in the world to go clear a lot of heroics, no? Even if they do not clear all of the hc modes, next tier they will start with hc gear. That will make you breeze through normals.
    I am unsure if you'll be able to just skip past the progression like you say you want to. I wouldn't want to take a person like that in my raid, it just reeks of elitism and lazyness/unwillingness to put in effort.

Let me clear up some vagueness in my posts. I am under no illusions that I can contribute meaningfully right now to a guild progressing through heroics. My gear is too bad and reflexes too rusty. I was talking about ending up at such a guild long term (Not during ToT progression) . When I was going through this process last time around, I found out that during progression guilds care about your progression being close to theirs and during farm (post nerfs) people expect you to be as close to clearing the instance on heroic as possible. Having logs from normal/lfr would not make a bit of difference in such a situation. Being from a bad server does not fly either.

In general there is a problem in "crossing over" when you realize you are better than normal modes but the people on the "other" side want to see an extensive heroic resume.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I'm just wondering. What would be so bad about a 6/12 normal mode guild? The patch has been out for 1 month and 1 week. There's about 5 months until we'll get a new raid if we are lucky. That 6/12 guild has all the chance in the world to go clear a lot of heroics, no? Even if they do not clear all of the hc modes, next tier they will start with hc gear. That will make you breeze through normals.
    I am unsure if you'll be able to just skip past the progression like you say you want to. I wouldn't want to take a person like that in my raid, it just reeks of elitism and lazyness/unwillingness to put in effort.
    Pretty much all decent/serious guilds cleared 12 in the first week. If a guild is still on 6, they are not likely to get much more than 4 heroics down this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by CptAwesome View Post
    Pretty much all decent/serious guilds cleared 12 in the first week. If a guild is still on 6, they are not likely to get much more than 4 heroics down this patch.
    Pretty much all guilds with skill in the top 2% cleared normal the first week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptAwesome View Post
    Where do you get that from?
    The guilds who cleared it in the first week were also the ones who did well last tier (all or really close to all hc's down. That's a bit more than 500 guilds). Guilds do progress with their members. Guilds can get better. It's dumb to make a statement like that.

And the trolls overtake another thread with their elitism.

If you want to get into heroic raiding in your current situation, you'll need to join a lower progressed guild, get some gear there and then join a higher progressed guild and get some gear there, then you can probably get into a heroic raiding guild. Guild hopping is the only real way unless you have good contact with people who know you and what you can do.

Blizzard said they wanted BC style progression and they got it. Guildhopping is now the correct way to do good in this game.