Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I really don't get your gripe with reputations and alts and all that.

I hit 90 on my warlock on the 6th of April.

I'm already exalted with Kirin Tor Offensive (2 days ago) and am sitting on 485 item level. Barely over ONE WEEK. I didn't do a single heroic dungeon on him. Only did one scenario, I think. All of it came by crafting two Blood Spirit items, Kirin Tor/Shado Pan Assault vendors and LFR/PvP gear.

One week doing 20 minutes of dailies isn't that big of a grind.
    This it's also made easier since 5.2 fly around killing warscouts, use rep tokens, profit.

I fucking hope not.

PvP Balance just doesn't exist any more. PvP power is the worst thing they've ever added to the game and frankly, PvP needs an overhaul, its just band aid on band aid on band aid.

Burst is fucking moronic as is CC.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    I fucking hope not.

PvP Balance just doesn't exist any more. PvP power is the worst thing they've ever added to the game and frankly, PvP needs an overhaul, its just band aid on band aid on band aid..
    If there's anything I would say that they aren't happy with, with absolute certainty, it's PvP.

It's just a god damn mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I think that when Blizzard have MoP in their hindsight, the only thing they'll be able to say in the negative will be "We probably should have eased off on the dailies".

That's a lot less to reflect on than the mistakes made in Cataclysm
    I think there's still a bit of risk in diverting too many players to LFR and further corroding what's left of server communities. Deep-roots guilds (like mine) will hold together, but many may not. As you said, not on the level of failure of Cataclysm, but potentially a missed opportunities given Mists' attraction otherwise.

Blizz is too busy snorting lines of coke of hookers' asses to care about whether 10 mil. people can forcefully delude themselves that logging in for 3 months at the time and doing the exact same tasks for no purpose is actually fun.

Apparently they don't need to care, World of Crackcraft is keeping its junkies well hooked across millions of alts and pointless daily quests.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Blizz is too busy snorting lines of coke of hookers' asses to care about whether 10 mil. people can forcefully delude themselves that logging in for 3 months at the time and doing the exact same tasks for no purpose is actually fun.

Apparently they don't need to care, World of Crackcraft is keeping its junkies well hooked across millions of alts and pointless daily quests.
    So considering I only played around..12 hours maybe a week, more or less, that makes me a junky?

Someone who only gets on an hour for a day, that makes them a junky?

Face it: your opinion isn't law, nor is it right. Neither is mine, frankly.

Don't be so rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Hello.

I think I've came to the conclusion that I'm not currently enjoying MoP. I like the continent of Pandaria and I think the raids are miles better than Catacylsm, but something is greatly putting me off. I know this has been said many times before, but I think it's the amount of factions introduced into Mists and the fact that these endless dailies reward Valour Points. I also think that there have been a lot of new features introduced, but all of them, in my mind at least, seem to be messy. I don't know exactly how to describe it. It's odd that I feel that there is actually too much stuff to do. I know it sounds stupid, but I actually can't put my finger on all of these things to generally describe the 'messy' aspect of MoP. I think this is mostly due to the fact that I took a break around the time Terrace was released and I came back just after 5.2 and I'm really bad at catching up.
    Funny thing same here.... I have enjoyed the game since Vanilla and had my moments of lost interest (or fatigue perhaps). But usually that would be near the end of an expansion. Now I am in the same position as you, I am not really enjoying the game but can't put my finger on why, not a specific reason. I think it's because of several things (for me at least):

For long time I did not mind the dailies and did them diligently (including Shieldwall). Since the latest patch I cannot seem to bring myself around to doing those anymore, I feel fed up with them. I have logged in with the intention of doing them, but before I even picked up all the daily quests on Isle of Thunder, I'd release a sigh and realized I could not be bothered.

One thing i that I don't like the way they changed mages this patch, I don't care about the loss of damage (at least not much), but the playstyle is boring now. This puts me off from raiding too, even though I recently joined a new raid group and we were doing OK on 25 man really. Last three weeks I only entered LFR on my alts for that reason. Haven't done any raiding for 3 weeks on my main.

Alting is not much fun either. This used to be popular with me (normally I would have 8 classes at max level by now), but the daily and rep grind is just too much really. I'll admit that the rep grind has become much easier with the farm rep and the doubled rep XP, but still.... it's the daily routine all over again. And then still you need the VP... Which means you cannot alt comfortably on a casual basis either. If the rep rewards would only cost gold if your main character had already unlocked them or something.
    Besides that gearing is just too slow, it still can take several weeks because you have to go through the lower raid instances first for lots of times before you can move on to next. It's just too much. I have grinded the old raid tier on my main for weeks/months and having to do it for the same amount of time on my alts is just..... meh.

Maybe there's too much to do and I cannot choose. I'm not sure, but the fact is that I am always wondering what to do. Until the release of MoP I never had that. It's quite contradictory in a way, There's so much to do, yet I cannot find interest in doing any of it at the moment, not even achievement hunting which was always a favorite pastime for me.

Dunno what it is, I decided to play some different stuff for a bit and do less WoW (came a bit natural really). But I seem to be enjoying myself more at the moment playing SimCity or even Farmville 2 for that matter...

I'll see how it pans out, but for me, I think it's the fact that I feel I have to do much more than in earlier expansions to experience it all and that it is more tedious to do it (especially if you like to play alts). I have a job already, don't need another one. And I do know that I don't need to do everything, and I don't. But I just feel that progression is lacking at them moment, it all feels to slow really...

Says the guy who has 287 posts in less than 2 years about a game that is apparently "Crackcraft."

Seems you really like WotLK, when that was literally the same thing as what was released in WoW already for 4 years. Same types of quests, same types of dungeons (but tons easier), same types of raids (even the lolToC), same daily hubs that had already been done, that's what WotLK was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    I think they realized how much the playerbase HATES dailies. Beyond that, I'm certain they're quite impressed with this expansion thus far.
    I hate dailies too, specially Isle of Thunder PvP ones. They are too hard. There are allways too many blood elvs and I get killed by them.

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Says the guy who has 287 posts in less than 2 years about a game that is apparently "Crackcraft."

Seems you really like WotLK, when that was literally the same thing as what was released in WoW already for 4 years. Same types of quests, same types of dungeons (but tons easier), same types of raids (even the lolToC), same daily hubs that had already been done, that's what WotLK was.
    What does my number of posts have to do with WoW's total number of players? What if this isn't my only account on MMOc cause I keep getting banned on all of them and using whichever one gets unbanned at a time? And once again, what does my number of posts have to do with WoW's total players?

Wotlk was a strong step forward to try moving away from traditional WoW grind to more fun and good storytelling oriented gameplay, through things like easiness of dungeons and raids.

Unfortunately they didn't keep that pace with Cataclysm and totally fell off the grid with fart fumes of crapdaria.

What does my number of posts have to do with WoW's total number of players? What if this isn't my only account on MMOc cause I keep getting banned on all of them and using whichever one gets unbanned at a time? And once again, what does my number of posts have to do with WoW's total players?

Wotlk was a strong step forward to try moving away from traditional WoW grind to more fun and good storytelling oriented gameplay, through things like easiness of dungeons and raids.

Unfortunately they didn't keep that pace with Cataclysm and totally fell off the grid with fart fumes of crapdaria.
    Eh?

EH?

EH?!?

Wrath was just as grindy as Mop The only difference was the tabard system which we had in cata as well. Mop has valour items behind Reputation which you only earned via dailies. this was changed so you can earn rep via other means (thank god as I disliked it via dailies as a whole) Other than that the games the same.

The story telling in this is of a better presentation than even wrath. Wrath set the standard and cata fell a bit flat I felt but mop has really done a good job of showing us the story. If you don't like the story that's a different matter and is entirely down to your personal taste. The dungeons are just as easy as wraths dungeons and heroics. Raids are just as easy as wrath raids and even EASIER due to LFR so your point is just a fallacy i'm afraid.

You are right your posts has nothing to do with your views on the game or the player numbers. Not sure why anyone should comment on that. this site isnt just about wow.

The only major grind Pandaria had was the dailie quests. Wraths grind was pretty brutal same as catas the only difference was you could max your rep out on all factions in one week. It was easy to do but you just had to do nothing but dungeons day in day out to do it. Mop tried gating it by placing dailies there so you could only do x amount of rep per day. Thats it. I didn't particularly like that gating it must be said.

Deleted
    MoP is best expansion WoW ever had, so why Blizard wouldnt be happy with it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Maybe there's too much to do and I cannot choose. I'm not sure, but the fact is that I am always wondering what to do. .
    This seems to be a common theme with most complaints, there is either not enough to do, or too much to do.

It's catering too hard to either side of the spectrum of players, and seems to lack the middle-ground we had in Wrath.

During each expansion Blizzard always appears happy. They were so proud of the healing changes and heroic difficulty at the start of Cata even though millions of players unsubbed. In Mop, they've been so proud dailies even though tons of players keep telling them that dailies are boring.

Most companies appear "happy" about their product, even if it isn't doing as well as they hope it would. My guess is that a couple of months into the next expansion, Blizzard will release one of those Q&As that reveals that dailies in Mop were a bust.

Overall Mop is still 10 times better than Cata.

No.... because they have failed to replicate the success of Burning Crusade!

I think it is like this:

In Cata people were quitting because of boredom. We could all progress to a level we were happy with in very little time. Then we'd stand around Stormwind/Orgrimmar doing nothing and eventually quit.

So in MoP they decided to make it so that we never run out of things to do. I think they overdid it a bit and hopefully with the next expansion they will "split the difference."

Also, I think people do need to realize that MoP is designed to have us not die of boredom after the final patch the way we did in Cata. Blizzard wants the time between Siege of Orgrimmar and WoW 6.0 to be worth staying subbed. This is when we'll finish leveling our alts. Go achievement hunting. Get our alts progressed. Try out any content we've skipped out on thus far (Pet Battles? Challenge modes? Brawlers?). MoP feels overwhelming still but I think that after Siege of Orgrimmar we'll start to feel better about it. Our mains will get topped off and we'll start catching up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    MoP feels overwhelming still but I think that after Siege of Orgrimmar we'll start to feel better about it. Our mains will get topped off and we'll start catching up.
    The shitty part is, that's the end of the expansion.

And player's shouldn't be feeling good about an expansion, when it's ending (Except if you played Cataclysm that is, lol). The entire thing should be good. All that points to, if it comes to that, is that they've truly no idea what direction they're going in right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    This seems to be a common theme with most complaints, there is either not enough to do, or too much to do.
    People don't usually post to proclaim things are just right. Nonetheless those without enough to do will likely never have enough to do and those with too much to do could have worse MMO problems. Really better too much than too little. There will never be any amount of content that will hit the just-right mark for a lot of people.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    People don't usually post to proclaim things are just right. Nonetheless those without enough to do will likely never have enough to do and those with too much to do could have worse MMO problems. Really better too much than too little. There will never be any amount of content that will hit the just-right mark for a lot of people.
    On the back end of my post, I specified that they seem to be appealing to both spectrum's of player, rather than the median.

However, I do agree but I don't, if that makes sense with the whole, 'it's better to have too much, than too little' thing. Mostly because you could very easily make a case for content such as dailies just being overwhelming for most, considering they're mostly frowned upon.

The problem is not there is too much to do, but everything takes too much time for little reward.

If

Not running out of things to do = Grind 10 times instead of usual 3

it's obviously bad

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 01:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Wrath was just as grindy as Mop The only difference was the tabard system which we had in cata as well. Mop has valour items behind Reputation which you only earned via dailies. this was changed so you can earn rep via other means (thank god as I disliked it via dailies as a whole) Other than that the games the same.
    It's not. Wrath had -

Reputation rewards (for gold, not points), badges(lower one had no caps), and most importantly catchup heroics that offered you gear about 10man normal level of previous tier. I might add really easy raids too.

Mop don't have rep rewards, valor is locked behind daily, justice points are useless, and LFR is not a catchup (because it's once a week and drop chance is hideously low).
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2013-04-19 at 04:02 AM.