Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    To be successful I don't think you can ever be 100% happy with the product or service you offer there is always room for improvement. However I no longer think that Blizzard are capable of learning from their mistakes and many of the blue posts are more concerned with defending their actions to unhappy players than taking on board their feedback..
    Wtf are you talking about.. of course they are taking feedback. MoP is a different beast now then at launch. Dailys arent nearly as bad or mandatory, and in 5.3 wont even be required to get lesser charms even more. In 5.3 you can d dailys/pet battles/ or now level 90 mobs give lesser charms. They added heroic scenarios because players wanted more dungeons, and since scenarios are super fast to make they wanted to see if they could imitate the new heroic feeling with scenarios.

Deleted
    I think they understood the problems.

I think they agree that the way the 5.0 dailies where handled made them fell mandatory and just "to much".

The 5.1 and 5.2 ones have been much better and the 5.2 ones are not even remotely mandatory if you don't like them, don't do them!

Of course the latest round of crying is.

"Where are my 5 mans."

We will see (hopefully) if they manage to produce more 5 mans in the next expansion + keep the large raid tiers (with LFR) rolling at the same pace.

I personally am loving it, there is so much to do.

Would I like more?

Of course who would not?

I think that is part of the underlying problem, the more Blizzard feed us the more we want, we are insatiable!!!

As far as I can tell, Blizz seems to have very few qualms about MoP. They've admitted sometimes about the daily and dungeon situations, but have noted that dailies aren't necessary to get into raiding, which is much more true after 5.2 than it was at 5.0, and the dungeons are mostly replaced by the existence of all the scenarios, challenge modes, and upcoming heroic scenarios. Chances are, knowing Blizz, they'll mess with talents, dungeons, and everything else next xpac, but I suppose that part of their experimentation. WoW is lab with 8-9 million guinea pigs and they probably just want to see what works for any future games.

Also pvp will never be balanced or fixed. It may get close, but let's be honest, it will never be perfect. And I think Blizz has accepted that at this point and will continue the minor fixes here and there as a ruse.
    Last edited by Redlokyldoreifanggore; 2013-04-13 at 03:59 PM.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Hello.

I think I've came to the conclusion that I'm not currently enjoying MoP. I like the continent of Pandaria and I think the raids are miles better than Catacylsm, but something is greatly putting me off. I know this has been said many times before, but I think it's the amount of factions introduced into Mists and the fact that these endless dailies reward Valour Points. I also think that there have been a lot of new features introduced, but all of them, in my mind at least, seem to be messy. I don't know exactly how to describe it. It's odd that I feel that there is actually too much stuff to do. I know it sounds stupid, but I actually can't put my finger on all of these things to generally describe the 'messy' aspect of MoP. I think this is mostly due to the fact that I took a break around the time Terrace was released and I came back just after 5.2 and I'm really bad at catching up.

Is Blizzard happy with all these dailies? Have they mentioned things that they won't be doing in the next expansion after learning it was poorly conceived in Mists? Also, if someone could shed some light on why I feel that MoP is too scattered and messy, that'd be great, because I can't gather my thoughts this early in the morning.

Thank you.

Personally for me I have come to the conclusion that Im not having much fun with it. I will admit it is more fun that cataclysm for me, but its just not that great. Now for what it is, I think blizzard is ok with it. I think they realize they made a mistake with trying to throttle progression through dailies and caps, but they fixed that within a few patches. I think the problem is, that no matter how polished WoW is, it's an old game. There is not much exciting about it anymore. The game would need a graphics overhaul on top of a class and system overhaul, but why would blizzard invest in this, when they came come out with a next gen mmo. To be honest I think the reason that a lot of MMOs fail that are competing with WoW because they bring out the modern graphics but dont bring the depth that WoW has in the game. SWTOR had a good chance of competing, but the result is that too many investors want things rushed, and exactly what you got. A rushed product full of bugs, no end game, and out side of class quests, your just repeating the same thing over and over.

So enough with my ramblings, I think they are ok with it for what it is, and we are just going to have to wait to the next gen mmo to release to have some flare in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Wtf are you talking about.. of course they are taking feedback. MoP is a different beast now then at launch. Dailys arent nearly as bad or mandatory, and in 5.3 wont even be required to get lesser charms even more. In 5.3 you can d dailys/pet battles/ or now level 90 mobs give lesser charms. They added heroic scenarios because players wanted more dungeons, and since scenarios are super fast to make they wanted to see if they could imitate the new heroic feeling with scenarios.
    ^this

If there's one thing, despite how much I've enjoyed MOP, I love
    Most with this Xpack is the fact blizzard is completely listening to the community now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    I hope they are, because part from gief more random world content (rares, random puzzles, the not so obvious stuff), I sure as hell am.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would assume so. I've spent part of the weekend over on the Blizz boards just reading things and frankly most of the complaining there is even more moronic and stretching to find something wrong than usual. If the complaints Blizzard gets don't have a lot of substance then they should be pretty pleased. The most recent meme making the rounds over there is that the advent of heroic scenarios somehow means that dungeons will be phased out forever which is silly, stupid and 180 degrees contrary to anything Blizzard has actually said. So if that's the quality of the criticism, I'd be reasonably happy that it's so unserious.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-04-13 at 05:05 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Why so defensive?

Cata introduced hard heroics the players complained that they did not like them and in turn Blizzard responded with Ghostcrawler's, infamous, heroics are hard blog as a result they lost a roughly a million players.

Fast forward to the beginning of MOP, we have dailies here, there and everywhere and not only that gear, recipes and story lines are hidden behind them. Players complain that they do not like that dailies are mandatory, Blizzard rather than taking this feedback on board instead defended the dailies, MOP launched in China, 5.2 was released, the world celebrated the holidays and MOP lost almost half a million players.

Not long after this Blizzard admit that dailies "felt" too mandatory whilst releasing yet more... you guessed it... dailies. This time gear is not hidden behind rep that can only be gained from dailies, no this time the only way to gain rep is through killing raid bosses. Some players complain that gaining gear, especially on alts, feels like too much of a grind to which Ghostcrawler dismisses with "I'll counter that with "grind" is a word players use when they want the rewards but not the steps it takes to get them."

I do find it interesting that you think that MOP is a "different beast" now, we still have dailies that players dislike and good luck getting enough lesser charms from pet battles. I find it funny that you think that adding "heroic scenarios because players wanted more dungeons" is a positive, by your own admission they are "super fast" although I think a better word would be cheaper to make, since when is ignoring what players want and giving them something they don't a good thing?

I am not saying that they have to take every bit of feedback as gospel but when several hundred people are all telling you the same thing they should start to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    they havent fixed PvP at all yet
    I don't think they have the capabilities of doing it, they'll try and fail as always, or they won't try at all.

OT: An incredible amount of seemingly obligatory dailies kind of killed my interest, but I'll just keep leveling toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I doubt it. Sub numbers aren't increasing with all the kids they figured mope would draw in. Next patch they are already making content that won't be in panda land, that really shows that blizz knows it was a mistake.
    Because Blizzard obviously didn't have SoO planned out before the xpac was even announced (or hell before Cata was finished).

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by I-like-chocolate-milk View Post
    Playing since release , mop is currently the only expansion who made me unsub because the game is garbage .
    > mandatory dailies , even to get an extra chance at winning something in LFR you need charms from you guessed it , dailies
    > pvp in the most retarded state ever , from low level bgs to max level pvp
    > handfull of dungeons , and most of them are horrible , bosses with 1 ability and even if u fail it it only takes like 25% of your health , so basically almost all of them are tank and spank
    > CRZ , blizzards pathetic attempt of cover the fact that dozens of realms are dead or 1 sided ( my realm Kazzak currently being horde only )
    > and most importantly , that fact that hundreds of players are forced to pay a lot of money to transfer because blizzard doesent want to merge realms.

Now dont get me wrong , i dont hate "pandaland" , i finished all quests in pandaria ( except dailies , i dont need a second job ) and the lore/atmosphere is great , its just that everything else is bad.

No , blizzard isnt happy , they are losing a lot of money , and we all know how much blizzard loves money .
    If you hate dailies you can always just do pet battles. Around an hour of pet battling in Pandaria easily nets you two weeks worth of lesser charms. I can understand people disliking dailies but saying they're REQUIRED to get charms is simply untrue.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 01:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    im very unhappy with how much time it takes to cap VP , i dont have very much time to play at the moment and i have not capped it for ages because it requires me to play ALOT more then i can and want to
    How so? If you do one heroic+scenario per day you should be about capped by the end of the week. Scenarios take about 5 minutes and heroics around 15 so it doesn't sound like to big a time investment for semi current gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Pvp has never really been good in this game. Your comparing mop to the last season of pvp for every expansion. Let mop reach it final season then compare it to previous seasons.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I think they understood the problems.

I think they agree that the way the 5.0 dailies where handled made them fell mandatory and just "to much".

The 5.1 and 5.2 ones have been much better and the 5.2 ones are not even remotely mandatory if you don't like them, don't do them!

Of course the latest round of crying is.

"Where are my 5 mans."

We will see (hopefully) if they manage to produce more 5 mans in the next expansion + keep the large raid tiers (with LFR) rolling at the same pace.

I personally am loving it, there is so much to do.

Would I like more?

Of course who would not?

I think that is part of the underlying problem, the more Blizzard feed us the more we want, we are insatiable!!!
    Agreed, people will always find something to complain about, after the other thing is fixed or sorted out.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I think they are happy in the direction the game is going. It's becoming a more fluid world, with there always something to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Expansion has been pretty good, although there has been *too* much emphasis on dailies IMO. Still, people are out in the world, LFR while I think it sucks, is a big success, and the raids have been awesome thus far. PvP is dying down, but it can't be all perfect lol. I think they still need to work on repeating content though, dungeons are outgeared very quick and are no fun, challenge modes are in the game, but with no actual items that can benefit you.... it doesn't get many people interested. Scenarios aren't bad for their purpose (fast valor)... I do want to see a return of tougher dungeons, with LFR being the main source for gear (along with VP) down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Evisiling View Post
    If there is one thing I am disappointed with and thats the Scenarios. I wasnt expecting them to be instanced easier dungeons but more like Rifts in Rift, Fates in FF XIV and what they have in Guild Wars 2 where a boss is attacking and everyone joins in and receives a reward. If there is one thing World of Warcraft is missing it is this, they got it a bit right with the tap to faction world bosses but thats about it.
    It just sounds like you want easy gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why so defensive?

Cata introduced hard heroics the players complained that they did not like them and in turn Blizzard responded with Ghostcrawler's, infamous, heroics are hard blog as a result they lost a roughly a million players.

Fast forward to the beginning of MOP, we have dailies here, there and everywhere and not only that gear, recipes and story lines are hidden behind them. Players complain that they do not like that dailies are mandatory, Blizzard rather than taking this feedback on board instead defended the dailies, MOP launched in China, 5.2 was released, the world celebrated the holidays and MOP lost almost half a million players.

Not long after this Blizzard admit that dailies "felt" too mandatory whilst releasing yet more... you guessed it... dailies. This time gear is not hidden behind rep that can only be gained from dailies, no this time the only way to gain rep is through killing raid bosses. Some players complain that gaining gear, especially on alts, feels like too much of a grind to which Ghostcrawler dismisses with "I'll counter that with "grind" is a word players use when they want the rewards but not the steps it takes to get them."

I do find it interesting that you think that MOP is a "different beast" now, we still have dailies that players dislike and good luck getting enough lesser charms from pet battles. I find it funny that you think that adding "heroic scenarios because players wanted more dungeons" is a positive, by your own admission they are "super fast" although I think a better word would be cheaper to make, since when is ignoring what players want and giving them something they don't a good thing?

I am not saying that they have to take every bit of feedback as gospel but when several hundred people are all telling you the same thing they should start to listen.
    Or these people complaining are the same people that complain about everything, Remember alot of people who play WoW are lazy & don't want to put in any sort of effort, they want the Wrath style where you were handed loot. Blizzard does listen, but its funny when people say they don't listen yet have you seen what people want? They should just give you a level 90 with full tier gear when you create a new character thats a basic example on how bad people complain they don't have time for stuff and then it gets easier.

Don't you see people complaining they want a challenge, yet more people complain its to hard & whine until they win. Its a Double edge sword.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sqicychiqotles View Post
    Because Blizzard obviously didn't have SoO planned out before the xpac was even announced (or hell before Cata was finished).
    Wasn't its the first post / point or bullet in the MoP press release, The final Raid Tier of Mists of Pandaria with be the Siege of Orgrimmar.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why so defensive?

China launched 1 week after the rest of the world
    So they defended dailys the first few months... They would be dumb to listen to everything without testing the waters first.
    Releasing dungeons would make the patch take much longer to release, or cut down on the number of bosses in SoO. Scenarios are made by a completely differnt team, so they can add multiple ones in the time it would take to make 1 dungeon. They are trying to see if they can make heroic scenarios give the dungeon feeling while still keeping a large raid.

Also, several hundred people is not near enough to change the game. SOrry. They had a few hundred people telling them dailys sucked in the beta. When it hit live it turned out to be true so they changed it. Several hundred people want all xpacs to be deleted and go back to vanilla forever, but you can see how that is a dumb idea.

I think the real problem here is that blizzard isn't listening to YOU. They are listening to the players, just not you and your small group of perpetual complainers. That group of players are the group who complain about dailys, and when the next expansion has half you will complain how there isnt anything to do and at least in MoP there was something to do.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2013-04-13 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Wasn't its the first post / point or bullet in the MoP press release, The final Raid Tier of Mists of Pandaria with be the Siege of Orgrimmar.
    I think he was beein sarcastic, or so I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Evisiling View Post
    If there is one thing I am disappointed with and thats the Scenarios. I wasnt expecting them to be instanced easier dungeons but more like Rifts in Rift, Fates in FF XIV and what they have in Guild Wars 2 where a boss is attacking and everyone joins in and receives a reward. If there is one thing World of Warcraft is missing it is this, they got it a bit right with the tap to faction world bosses but thats about it.
    Yes, I've been beating this drum for a while. A 40-man (say) scenario that's something like the zone events in Rift would be awesome.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Barely played MoP, but I can say without a doubt that it's not good. It's at the same level as cataclysm. PvP is still utter crap and unbalanced. They always seem to find a way to screw it up more and more and more. Especially with the new patch making resil a base state... what a horrid idea. PvE isn't interesting... I've been watching the latest fights on twitch and those encounters look awfully boring. If I could rate this expansion, I'd give it a 6/10. The island itself looks nice and the environment is engaging, but that's only one aspect... they nailed it there... but on every other aspect, it was a complete mess up.

The other reason why I don't play it anymore is because blizzard is dumb. How are they dumb? Because while they could have been updating character models... while they could have been fixing PvP, while they could have been creating new inventive mechanics for bosses, while they could have been doing something more worth while... they were too busy creating void banks... transmog and pet battles. What a ridiculous company to prioritize pitiful features when the game itself has broken aspects. It was just a clear sign to drop my sub and move on... Either blizzard is holding stuff back from WoW so that they can implement it in Titan, or blizzard just lost their special touch and don't know how to properly make games anymore.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.