Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    China launched 1 week after the rest of the world
    So they defended dailys the first few months... They would be dumb to listen to everything without testing the waters first.
    Releasing dungeons would make the patch take much longer to release, or cut down on the number of bosses in SoO. Scenarios are made by a completely differnt team, so they can add multiple ones in the time it would take to make 1 dungeon. They are trying to see if they can make heroic scenarios give the dungeon feeling while still keeping a large raid.

Also, several hundred people is not near enough to change the game. SOrry. They had a few hundred people telling them dailys sucked in the beta. When it hit live it turned out to be true so they changed it. Several hundred people want all xpacs to be deleted and go back to vanilla forever, but you can see how that is a dumb idea.
    China launched in Q4, the West Q3.

It is dumb to tell your customers they are wrong, they should have said they were monitoring the situation or nothing at all, just as they should have done in the past. Blizzard had an income of $1.6 billion last year there is no excuse for one type of content having to be axed in order to release another type. They are trying to see if their customers will accept the cheaper to produce content over the content they have released in the past.

If you have a few hundred people telling that something is a problem you can guarantee that there will be more people who agree with them who just cannot be bothered to offer any kind of feedback. They had a few hundred people telling them dailies sucked in beta and look at what happened when they released the dailies on the live servers, they had even more players telling them they sucked and some of those players will no longer be playing. The issue of people wanting Vanilla servers is very different from players offering feedback on daily quests although I suspect you already know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem I have with scenarios is, unless blizzard invents a system of allowing us to go back to them when we get to a higher level, then there's no revisiting them.

Thats one of the reasons I prefer dungeons and raids to scenarios, you can do dungeons and raids in groups, but so many levels later come back and solo them for fun, achievements or loot for transmog.
    Unless they make it possible to come back to a scenario, say when we're level 95-100, then they will just disappear just like the lv85 LFR version of dragonsoul, and the loot with it (yes, there were some unique pices of LFR Dragon soul loot I would have liked to get, now can't).

They should make more TOC esque heroics were certain bosses were chosen and dropped certain loot, while it may gear block you for a bit it would still keep it somewhat fresh seeing wondering what bosses and gear will drop. Instead of the same exact boss and loot every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    China launched in Q4, the West Q3.
    Yes, about one week apart (very end of Q3, very beginning of Q4).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I'm pretty sure they're happy with some aspects of it, but with most of it I suspect them to expect much more .
    They've said they're the most harsh critics of their own products.

things I suspect they are happy about (or they've said so)

-challenge modes
    -pet battles
    -how rare hunting changed

Things I suspect they aren't happy about (or at least think they can improve upon a lot)
    -dailies (and they've improved since 5.0)
    -scenarios (specifically what they want to do with the tech, its place in the game. This is an issue because it has a very wide application I think)
    -dungeons. mostly related to its place with scenarios and raid finder
    -world bosses
    -raids (dont get me wrong, raiding in MoP has been AWESOME for me. I'm saying they've been working on how raiding works since the inception of wow)
    -PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    They should make more TOC esque heroics were certain bosses were chosen and dropped certain loot, while it may gear block you for a bit it would still keep it somewhat fresh seeing wondering what bosses and gear will drop. Instead of the same exact boss and loot every time.
    That always seemed interesting for a while, but I ended up hating Paletress every time she appeared, since it was the other guy who had the stuff I wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're happy with some aspects of it, but with most of it I suspect them to expect much more .
    They've said they're the most harsh critics of their own products.

things I suspect they are happy about (or they've said so)

-challenge modes
    -pet battles
    -how rare hunting changed

Things I suspect they aren't happy about (or at least think they can improve upon a lot)
    -dailies (and they've improved since 5.0)
    -scenarios (specifically what they want to do with the tech, its place in the game. This is an issue because it has a very wide application I think)
    -dungeons. mostly related to its place with scenarios and raid finder
    -world bosses
    -raids (dont get me wrong, raiding in MoP has been AWESOME for me. I'm saying they've been working on how raiding works since the inception of wow)
    -PvP
    Pet battles???? You love pet battles more than new skins or any other possible feature that could have benefited the game? You honestly can't count pet battles as a pro for MoP... it's not even part of RPG's... it's just a stupid pokemon spin off to waste peoples time... unless it's relevant to PvP, PvE or the Lore of the game.... it shouldn't be in the game unless it's a holiday or special event... pokemon has no place in WoW... but I guess that's just the community, they love pokemon over actual things that matter.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    they love pokemon over actual things that matter.
    Not really. They tweeted not long ago that only around 50% of the players have even tried them. That is why they added charms to them to lure people into trying it.

Pet battles???? You love pet battles more than new skins or any other possible feature that could have benefited the game? You honestly can't count pet battles as a pro for MoP... it's not even part of RPG's... it's just a stupid pokemon spin off to waste peoples time... unless it's relevant to PvP, PvE or the Lore of the game.... it shouldn't be in the game unless it's a holiday or special event... pokemon has no place in WoW... but I guess that's just the community, they love pokemon over actual things that matter.
    Do I really need to point out what's wrong with what you just said? (Hint: it begin's with an O)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

I quite like pet battles they are a nice little distraction from the main game and I doubt they cost much in development time compared to a raid or dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Not really. They tweeted not long ago that only around 50% of the players have even tried them. That is why they added charms to them to lure people into trying it.
    Yeah, and this pretty much worked for me. After a while of doing them I suddenly realized that I'd lost track of time and had been playing at them over an hour. Yes, they're trivial. Yes, I think they're fun. Yes, they're a pretty easy way to get charms if I'm not in the mood to do dailies and need some charms.

So win all around as far as I'm concerned.

Spare me from those who think that every damn thing in the game needs to be difficult or tied to progression in some way.

And doubly spare me from those who think that anything in World of Warcraft actually matters. Especially this.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-04-13 at 07:23 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

?

It does EXACTLY what it was meant to do.

thats why I suspect blizzard is pretty happy about it.

Its not really a question of "will EVERYONE do it?" I suspect enough people do it.

challenge modes is in the same boat. Its not for everyone, but it does what its supposed to do. A challenging 5man based on time limits like the old strat

EDIT: I don't do much pet battles. My list isnt about the Pros of MoP (If it were, then raids would be up there), its about my guesses as to what blizzard is happy about.
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2013-04-13 at 07:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    snip
    Well, I think Blizzard is a little bit less than content with Mists.

I don't think they got the player influx they've been looking for, nor has it been able to stem the long term subscriber loss they've been seeing since Cataclysm launch.

Otherwise, I think the core player base of the game has received the game well.

I think Blizz is pretty happy with mop but more so with the direction of the game now. Cataclysm really went off the rails near the end and the community crucified Blizz for a lot of their missteps throughout that expansion. MoP really tried to rectify a lot of their mistakes and build a better game going foreward.

There have still been mistakes throughout MoP, but Blizz has attempted to fix these issues and done a decent job imo. Hopefully the giant steps taken in MoP will become even better in future expansions. I am personally more interested in the next expansion and where they go with WoW moreso than the remainder of MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

All signs point to Blizzard are happy with the way they handled MoP so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Hello.

I think I've came to the conclusion that I'm not currently enjoying MoP. I like the continent of Pandaria and I think the raids are miles better than Catacylsm, but something is greatly putting me off. I know this has been said many times before, but I think it's the amount of factions introduced into Mists and the fact that these endless dailies reward Valour Points. I also think that there have been a lot of new features introduced, but all of them, in my mind at least, seem to be messy. I don't know exactly how to describe it. It's odd that I feel that there is actually too much stuff to do. I know it sounds stupid, but I actually can't put my finger on all of these things to generally describe the 'messy' aspect of MoP. I think this is mostly due to the fact that I took a break around the time Terrace was released and I came back just after 5.2 and I'm really bad at catching up.

Is Blizzard happy with all these dailies? Have they mentioned things that they won't be doing in the next expansion after learning it was poorly conceived in Mists? Also, if someone could shed some light on why I feel that MoP is too scattered and messy, that'd be great, because I can't gather my thoughts this early in the morning.

Thank you.
    Oh for the love of god...ENOUGH with the dailies. We have more content than ever before at endgame (not including dailies) such as pet battles, scenarios, multiple wings of LFR, multiple raids with a large number of bosses, and world bosses. Yes there are more dailies but you DO NOT have to do them. Dailies have been in game since TBC and they are NOT going away. Get the fuck over it already. Also to point out there are exactly ZERO dailies in 5.3 and absolutely ZERO mention of them for 5.4 and beyond. The QQers won. Be happy and shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    I think they realized how much the playerbase HATES dailies. Beyond that, I'm certain they're quite impressed with this expansion thus far.
    All they have realized is this player base doesn't have the maturity nor the self control or intelligence to decide not to do content they don't consider fun. Players have asked for options for end game for years and now that they got it it has been nothing but screaming bloody murder over the game having content that doesn't involve sitting in a city in a queue 24/7 whether they actually do the content or not.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    The playerbase overall is generally well receptive of this expansion and the content they have provided (for the most part). I would say they are happy their creation is doing well.
    Compared to what? Cataclysm?

The raiding is phenomenal, but outside of that, I've been generally disappointed with this expansion (and even moreso with my class changes), and I'd say most other veteran players have as well (compared to BC/LK, and some crazies, even Vanilla)

Though, it sure as hell beats Cataclysm... (like that was hard to say... *rolls eyes*)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    To be successful I don't think you can ever be 100% happy with the product or service you offer there is always room for improvement. However I no longer think that Blizzard are capable of learning from their mistakes and many of the blue posts are more concerned with defending their actions to unhappy players than taking on board their feedback..
    Blizzard isn't defending anything they are just trying to shut down players who only want to disrupt forums and constructive discussions with hyperbole and flat out lies. Blizzard is fine with players disagreeing with them and providing feedback counter to their current design philosophy. To claim Blizzard is ignoring feedback after all the changes in 5.1, 5.2 and soon 5.3 and 5.4 due to player complaints and feedback is a perfect example of hyperbole and lies. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrena View Post
    Here is what I think happened:
    During BC and even more so in vanilla, there was a ton of stuff to do. You just couldn't reach endgame and say you're finished.
    That got tuned in wrath, where blizz tried to make endgame raiding or raiding in general more accessible.
    However, that lead to the point where you essentially finished your character and couldn't improve otherwise. And personally I feel that a lot of people liked that model in wrath.
    In mists, they tried to give us more endgame stuff to do. But there is a weired spot where there is so much to do that it is impossible to do it all (model of bc/vanilla) and not quite enough and you feel compelled to do things like daily to stay competetive.
    When you say "ton of stuff" do you mean hitting lvl cap running a few heroics and basically watching entire guilds collapse around you as players are poached due to how progression worked while you had nothing to do other than watch? Yeah that was great.