Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Yeah I think a lot of factors lead to the population decrease, mainly because cataclysm wasn't great. Blizzard have made a good turn around in MoP. Having been a GM of a couple guilds the decline in 25 man raiding guilds was a contributing factor as less players had raidspots each time a guild downsized.
    the only issue I take with 25man raiding being the decline in servers is that the raiding population was not the majority of the player base. It might be one factor but it isnt the main one. I know heroics in cata caused huge problems with sub numbers and I think the way dailies caused a lot of gating/grinding was another factor.

I do think they have turned the corner as of 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    the only issue I take with 25man raiding being the decline in servers is that the raiding population was not the majority of the player base. It might be one factor but it isnt the main one. I know heroics in cata caused huge problems with sub numbers and I think the way dailies caused a lot of gating/grinding was another factor.
    PvP is also in very sad shape.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I don't know much about PVP i am afraid. Can't comment on those factors. But if it is indeed bad then I would not be surprised to see churn there.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why not. It's "fun factor" rivals TBC and it story rivals WotLK. IMO those 2 expansions are the best in those fields and being close to both of them would be a success in my book. Sure it's not perfect, but personally I'm happy with it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    Looking at the PTR patch notes: "Shado-Pan and The August Celestials daily quests no longer have a faction prerequisite to be Revered with the Golden Lotus.". This is Blizzard admitting defeat in their daily quest crusade! Would they make a change like this if they were happy with MoP? The answer is a resounding no, they're not happy with it.
    They're not happy with the Dailies. That doesn't mean they're not happy with the expansion as a whole.

People will continue to praise how wonderful 25man is until they know what happened to Asian realms after 5.1

(or +8 ilvl patch makes it into NA EU)

I honestly think the 5.3 changes might balance it a bit better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed this expac but I sure hope they aren't happy with pvp because it's the most frustrating bullshit I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing. Well, not as disappointing as GW2 pvp was compared to GW1 but both are pretty goddamn bad. Here's to hoping next expac has 10x less CC

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Subs went down, Blizz isn't happy.

Expect next expansion to go back to a more Cataclysm feel for the endgame content. Which means the Grand Daily Experiment is over.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

Expect next expansion to go back to a more Cataclysm feel for the endgame content. Which means the Grand Daily Experiment is over.
    Every single one of your predictions has been wrong so far.

I think I'll pass on this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

Much more likely would be they look at the low participation in higher end raiding, and decide to deemphasize it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Much more likely would be they look at the low participation in higher end raiding, and decide to deemphasize it.
    I don't think so. I know you stance on raiding very well and I highly doubt they're going to de-emphasize it.

I could be wrong, you could be right, but this is just my opinion on it so don't take it the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I don't think so. I know you stance on raiding very well and I highly doubt they're going to de-emphasize it.

I could be wrong, you could be right, but this is just my opinion on it so don't take it the wrong way.
    "It's very hard to predict, especially the future." -- Neils Bohr

I agree with this. Also, I tend to get more PvP focused at the end of an expansion, but if they don't fix up casual PvP (gear disparity mainly) that's not going to be worthwhile.

I've really wondered how LFR is going to be handled in the final raid. If there's no strong incentive to use it to gear up, then LFR-only players will run it once and unsub until the next expansion. In Cataclysm the idea was you'd do LFR, then move on to normals, but it's not clear there's enough of that audience left.
    I've noticed a lot less actual raiders in MoP. Not sure if it's because LFR became a good replacement or because people were clamoring for something above their league(more difficult normal mode raids)

I tend to love end of xpacs, surprisingly enough. It becomes catch up mode for me as a completionist and an altoholic. I tend to do a lot of achievement getting during this time.

And to answer original question. I hope they are. IMO, they really furthered themselves in the gameplay department, adding things outside of the norm to do. Example, pet battles and farm. It may not be the thing for everyone, but it adds the type of variety I love in MMOs.
    Last edited by Nize; 2013-04-16 at 06:48 PM.

I honeslty don't care about subs, i care on how this game is going back to be time consuming mind not hard but time consuming; blizzard has put up some grand efforts to dumb down some really cool aspect of the game and in the other hand still continue to make grindish silly things; i mean who the fuck care if i wanna grind a stupid rep on my alts by chain farming dungeons when i have already grinded it on my main with dailies? who care if i do 85-90 with a bunch of heirloom slapped on? or by skipping a bunch of mobs flying directly to the quest objective?
    On the other hands they are still removing cool thing that make rolling a different class enjoyable, starting from classes buffs, then talents, stats, specs etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

This has been their best expansion imo. It started off rough but now that there are so many raids you can easily grind for VP it's a lot better. The rep changes make it a hell of a lot easier now but you don't really need rep gear anyways.
    My only major complaint is that sometimes I don't want to spend all week grinding out VP on some toons. I wish VP gains would change so they you could grind out missed VP later on in the patch. Like 5.2 comes out and during any time in 5.2 you can miss VP and grind that amount you missed out the following weeks. I can understand them not wanting people to be able to grind out a ton of VP the second a new patch hits but during a patch we should be able to gain our weekly VP even if we miss it imo.

Looking at the PTR patch notes: "Shado-Pan and The August Celestials daily quests no longer have a faction prerequisite to be Revered with the Golden Lotus.". This is Blizzard admitting defeat in their daily quest crusade! Would they make a change like this if they were happy with MoP? The answer is a resounding no, they're not happy with it.
    Oh thank God I hated that pointless gating soooooo much.

Or, here's what happened:

They've now released 3 major patches (including 5.3) and want people to be able to catch up on Rep much easier, so they lift the gating.

It's like anything else they do. They "nerf" previous content so everyone can do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Every single one of your predictions has been wrong so far.

I think I'll pass on this one too.
    While his prediction may be wrong, I feel like he's pretty dead on with the subs thing. I can't expect they'll be happy, until subscribers increase.

Until then, I'll think they'll make changes geared towards facilitating that.\

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Right. Ok then. Clearly you people want a pity party instead of solutions. Have at it. I'm out.
    I for one would like the source I asked you for so many pages back.
    Last edited by Conscious; 2013-04-17 at 02:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that when Blizzard have MoP in their hindsight, the only thing they'll be able to say in the negative will be "We probably should have eased off on the dailies".

That's a lot less to reflect on than the mistakes made in Cataclysm
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    I really don't get your gripe with reputations and alts and all that.

I hit 90 on my warlock on the 6th of April.

I'm already exalted with Kirin Tor Offensive (2 days ago) and am sitting on 485 item level. Barely over ONE WEEK. I didn't do a single heroic dungeon on him. Only did one scenario, I think. All of it came by crafting two Blood Spirit items, Kirin Tor/Shado Pan Assault vendors and LFR/PvP gear.

One week doing 20 minutes of dailies isn't that big of a grind.