Deleted

Sun lute 384 (BMAH) 2 Axe Advice needed, regarding buying for twink pvp.

Hey guys,

I'm considering buying the 70k 384 2h Axe. This is upgradable to 391 when 5.3 lands (You can get valor from toes/hof)

http://www.wowhead.com/item=44924/su...e-phoenix-king

I will either buy it for my level 84 (soon to be 85) Ret paladin, or my level 88 (soon 89) warrior.

I don't intend to play either classes at 90, but I prefer warrior.

Which of these classes would be more fun/more imbalanced (because that would imo be quite fun in itself), as I intend to level either 85 or 88-90 in purely bgs, and given its quite slow I'll get quite a lot of value out of the weapon.

Which of these classes would scale better? How much of an advantage is being lvl 85 rather than 88?

I have quite a few friends with classes in the 85-89 bracket, and the idea of popping wings with stacked mastery and that weapon and doing 300k crits sounds pretty fun. Would that be a reality? Does anybody with a paladin twink know how well they scale?

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by mmoc29e379a7c7; 2013-04-13 at 01:24 PM.

Deleted
    Paladin scales insanely with weapon damage and strength. 200% weapon damages on most spells, your sp is increased with strength too + your guardian.

Most op thing will be your guardian I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronux View Post
    Paladin scales insanely with weapon damage and strength. 200% weapon damages on most spells, your sp is increased with strength too + your guardian.

Most op thing will be your guardian I think.
    Cheers, and mastery is just a direct upgrade on the highest damage abilities from what I read?

So if I get full 400+ boes, with mastery reforges and full enchants ret pala with that weapon would be quite the wrecking ball?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be really really surprised if you got this for less than 200k off the BMAH!

1) Its not up often
    2) there is like a million ppl out there with "pvp twinks" and this is the BiS for ALL str users 85-90.
    3) Much like the arcanite reaper, some rich fool out there will want this just to stand in sw/org and "rock out" for 12 seconds every minute.

On my realm I'm pretty sure this got up over 500k both times i seen it up there.

Deleted
    my realm has a really , really dead population. It has been up 3 times recently, went for 70k (no offers) each time before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes! Im not sure whether to congrat you or pity you :<

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm considering buying the 70k 384 2h Axe. This is upgradable to 391 when 5.3 lands (You can get valor from toes/hof)

http://www.wowhead.com/item=44924/su...e-phoenix-king

I will either buy it for my level 84 (soon to be 85) Ret paladin, or my level 88 (soon 89) warrior.

I don't intend to play either classes at 90, but I prefer warrior.

Which of these classes would be more fun/more imbalanced (because that would imo be quite fun in itself), as I intend to level either 85 or 88-90 in purely bgs, and given its quite slow I'll get quite a lot of value out of the weapon.

Which of these classes would scale better? How much of an advantage is being lvl 85 rather than 88?

I have quite a few friends with classes in the 85-89 bracket, and the idea of popping wings with stacked mastery and that weapon and doing 300k crits sounds pretty fun. Would that be a reality? Does anybody with a paladin twink know how well they scale?

Thanks for the help

Well if you want to get more bang from you buck, the Ret Paladin would be better since you will be level 85. You Warrior is close to level 89 and would probably use it for a limited amount of times.

However, its better in the hands of a Arms Warrior than a Ret Paladin. Mortal Strike and pretty much a dead target. Arms warrior with Bladestorm will wreck most groups. In fact in the level 80-84 brackets, Arm warriors with the MoP Blues were unstoppable when popping Bladestorm.

However, it would require a lot of time to consider upgrading it since you don't earn VP from raids even at level 85. However, it would be different if you plan to lock your XP.

If you queue with friends and one of them is a healer, Warrior any day to dispel all those roots, snares and free heals.

However, be prepared to spend a lot. You will most likely have to spend upwards of 200K if there are more than a few bidding for this.

But if you just plan to level purely through BGs, without locking your XP then Paladin makes more sense since you can actually get more use from it since you have 5 levels to burn rather than just one.