Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

[Speculation] Fairy Dragon Mount means the Emerald Nightmare is cometh

Hear me out. Remember when at the end of Cata, a lot of the races were given asian inspired hair style and the Blizz store released the Heart of the Aspect mount? What if the data mined Fairy Dragon mount is going to be a store mount as a hint that lurks within the emerald dream, an agent of the Old God is spreadinf the Nightmare and that is the next premise of WOW?
    Last edited by Hyde; 2013-04-13 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    The Emerald Nightmare/Emerald Dream has already been dealt with outside of the game world. Unfortunately we will probably never see it. Even though dataminers explored it during Vanilla(1.0).

Pick up the novel "Stormrage". I cant remember in what time period it was dealt with but I'm pretty sure it was just before Cataclysm? Correct me if I'm wrong people.

It's the reason Malfurion was missing in game until Cata. He was basically in a coma/nightmare inside the Emerald Dream.
    It was never really dealt with, we just got one of the Satyr that was responsible for it, no more than that.
    Last edited by Hyde; 2013-05-19 at 07:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Emerald Nightmare/Emerald Dream has already been dealt with outside of the game world. Unfortunately we will probably never see it. Even though dataminers explored it during Vanilla(1.0).

Pick up the novel "Stormrage". I cant remember in what time period it was dealt with but I'm pretty sure it was just before Cataclysm? Correct me if I'm wrong people.

It's the reason Malfurion was missing in game until Cata. He was basically in a coma/nightmare inside the Emerald Dream.
    At the end of the novel they make it clear that the Nightmare is by no means completely dealt with, only driven back. And given the mess in the S Barrens and the new quests in ST, it's pretty clearly resurging.

I doubt at this point it will ever be a full expansion... but I do still hold out hope we will see the Dream in the course of dealing with N'zoth.

As to the mount... I hadn't even considered it, but it's a possibility I suppose.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

True, but if you've read Dawn of the Aspects Part 1 (which most people haven't) Ysera's daughter mentions the Emerald Nightmare is stirring again, but Ysera cuts her off, saying it was for the night elves and other druids to take care of it.

So...it might come back, maybe.

Deleted
    You mean that we get races based on hair styles and mounts ?

Then with tbc or wotlk Saya-Jin should have come ...

Deleted
    Emerald dream was a dumb idea for an expansion anyways. Good riddance.
    Only Druids can enter it.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    You mean that we get races based on hair styles and mounts ?

Then with tbc or wotlk Saya-Jin should have come ...
    At the end of WOLTK, they remade Onyxia encounter. And I didn't used the word 'based'.
    Last edited by Hyde; 2013-06-01 at 12:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    emerald dream is a dead horse, stop beating it... besides theres enough lore left to make like one, maybe 2 chain quests, not entire expansion about it ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    At the end of WOLTK, we they remade Onyxia encounter. And I didn't used the word 'based'.
    There are many words you didn't use my friend ... so many you could fill a dictionary !

/sarcasm

Me not like emerald dream ... wtb scourge expansions :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    There are many words you didn't use my friend ... so many you could fill a dictionary !

/sarcasm

Me not like emerald dream ... wtb scourge expansions :P.
    I like it how you are confused with what I've said and made it like you are a master of the language. Maybe you have a comprehension problem I guess but that is ok.

We already had a scourge expansion.

My logical side wants to say the that the emerald dream has been dealt with and finished

but when i hear that blizz wants to churn out expac after expac then i stop to think that maybe the emerald dream isnt that far fetched

At the end of the day we all know sargeras WILL be the last boss of the xpac and when he dies the whole franchise dies and blizz wants to milk its cash cow till the udders bleed!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    My logical side wants to say the that the emerald dream has been dealt with and finished

but when i hear that blizz wants to churn out expac after expac then i stop to think that maybe the emerald dream isnt that far fetched

At the end of the day we all know sargeras WILL be the last boss of the xpac and when he dies the whole franchise dies and blizz wants to milk its cash cow till the udders bleed!
    If its a BUrning legion expansion coming, OFCOURSE they won't burn out their biggest villian. It will be his lieutenant
    Kil'Jaedan can be a final boss, but unlike the Previous time, he wouldn't be trying to get inside Azeroth, his wholeness will be there.
    And even if they kill of Sargeras, I'd imagine the Titans taking notice of that and starting to attack Azeroth, cause, if something can kill a Dark Titan, then something can kill a Titan aswell. And this isnt good.

I'm all for an emerald nightmare patch. I really don't think it would make for a compelling expansion, since the scenery would pretty much just be a mirror of Azeroth(pre-sundering?)covered in dense foliage, it just seems like a boring idea. I have been proved wrong before though, I almost didn't buy Mists.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    emerald dream is a dead horse, stop beating it... besides theres enough lore left to make like one, maybe 2 chain quests, not entire expansion about it ^^
    You mean like Northrend used to be just a frozen wasteland, consisting of the Icecrown Glacier and the Kingdom of Azjol-Nerub, and Pandaria mostly being thought of as a pandaren starting zone, pre-MoP?

If that's the case, they can definitely make an Emerald Dream expansion.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Deleted

Why do people say this thing when it's not true?

The Nightmare is alive and well in the Rift of Aln inside the Emerald Dream. It was guraded by druids and stuff, the same druids that went out to defend Hyjal. It was guarded by Ysera as she always had her eyes closed looking at the Dream. Now Ysera has awakened and no longer sees the Dream all the time.
    Less guardians = more chance for escape.

Deleted
    i thought the nightmare had been pushed back, and now just controls one corner of the dream? i can see us going there some time, but i dont think we will have an entire expac in the dream sadly. i think blizzard said somewhere before mop they want to finish the azeroth story line before starting new ones, so maybe the dream and deeathwings old god will be dealt with next expac, then its off to argus we go!

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 04:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    You mean like Northrend used to be just a frozen wasteland, consisting of the Icecrown Glacier and the Kingdom of Azjol-Nerub, and Pandaria mostly being thought of as a pandaren starting zone, pre-MoP?

If that's the case, they can definitely make an Emerald Dream expansion.

well northrend had quite a bit of lore, they could have done an entire expac on just the spider kingdom, theres a fan made concept of one floating around somewhere, its quite good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    I like it how you are confused with what I've said and made it like you are a master of the language. Maybe you have a comprehension problem I guess but that is ok.

We already had a scourge expansion.
    Note the *s* at the end of my expansion.

That , my friend , implies that since we had one already .. I want more .

Oh the irony .

While it's POSSIBLE we'll go to the emerald dream next expansion, I don't really think this mount is enough to do any real speculation on.

The Emerald Dream might make a cool zone or raid, but I hope it's never a full expansion. The game already has so many Druid-themed areas. How many times have we had to gain rep with some variant of the Cenarian group? I've lost count.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there're too many hints toward the return of the Legion for this one mount to really signify anything - but maybe they're throwing a curveball with those hints so that people for the first time ever wont be expecting the Emerald Dream expansion to be next.