Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    im in pve gear and i got no loot

10+ Year Old Account
    If you bathe your motherboard in the blood of 20 chickens during the first full moon after the equinox, the WoW gods will shower you with many loots.

My wife got tyr boots and tier legs, so, clearly wrong.

This explains everything!
    I have a lot of gold, and thus Nalak has been set to only drop gold!

o bby

curseforummoderatorscansuckadick

I must have logged out naked then... @_@
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    If this mechanic would even exist, why the hell would the game check your armory, when it can just check in-game what gear you wear.
    Is thinking really so hard nowadays or is it just me.....

I had a full PvE set on when I did him for the first time yesterday. Dropped PvP gear, and the bonus roll got me more PvP gear. So I'd say no, that's not how it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your guildmates are fucking with you. Mine do similar things to me all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    So people in my guild are trying to tell me that the game checks your armoury page to see what type of gear you're wearing and will assign PVE/PVP gear depending on what type you have equipped on the armoury (game detects you're in PVP gear so will only give you PVP loot).

I know for sure this is not the case with Sha of Anger, but Nalak hasn't been around long enough to find out for myself.

I can't find anything that suggests this is true. Have I missed something or are they misguided?
    No the game does not check your armory, but it does use satellite's to triangulate your location in north america and then takes photo's of you playing wow. It will then determine with a series of complex mathematical calculations the colour of the shirt you're wearing. If you're wearing bright colours you're more likely to get PvE gear, where as if you wear dark colours you're more likely to get PvP gear.

The people in your guild are messing with you. Just like I was.

10+ Year Old Account
    the people in your guild are trolls...and bad ones at that. Even if the system were to hypothetically check for gear items it would definitely not check armory but what you currently have.

Deleted
    He dropped me tier gloves, same ones I was wearing, same ones I've had since first week of ToT. GG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Your guildmates are fucking with you. Mine do similar things to me all the time.
    Or they truly believe it. There's so many stupid things that people assume, repeat to others and then become told as facts. I's like the snails otw to Ki'jun. When they glow orange, they become full and won't eat anymore.

Did Nalak on my warlock again yesterday. Last week he got tier pants; this week he got Tyranical PvP pants.

(Burned a mogu rune each time, though.)
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I heard that Nalak is checking what colour underwear i'm wearing and tries to drop loot that will colour coordinate with it. Can someone please confirm or deny?

The game will never armory your character. Remember, the armory doesn't update until you log off. So, what if you log off in gear for one role and then log on, switch gear/spec, and kill Nalak? That would result in all kinds of funky behavior.

There's no reason to suspect that anything will change about the world boss loot system. Whatever spec you are at the time is the kind of gear you will get. PvP gear will probably always be potential drops, regardless of spec (though, I'd be fine with it not dropping PvP gear for those in tank spec).
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    If you bathe your motherboard in the blood of 20 chickens during the first full moon after the equinox, the WoW gods will shower you with many loots.
    Sir, welcome to my sig.

OT: no, it's not true. I was wearing PVE gear I did him and I got a pvp necklace and PVE gloves

Full PVE gear on my rogue, he gave me Tyrannical boots. -.- Thanks Nalak...
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Deleted
    I won pvp gear on my priest that hasn't PvPd for a couple of xpacs.
    I won pve gear on my pve geared monk.

/shrug. Same as any boss. although i do think that the pve gear has a higher drop chance to give it a chance compared to the many many pvp items.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    So people in my guild are trying to tell me that the game checks your armoury page to see what type of gear you're wearing and will assign PVE/PVP gear depending on what type you have equipped on the armoury (game detects you're in PVP gear so will only give you PVP loot).

I know for sure this is not the case with Sha of Anger, but Nalak hasn't been around long enough to find out for myself.

I can't find anything that suggests this is true. Have I missed something or are they misguided?
    They lied to you sorry bro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    He dropped me tier gloves, same ones I was wearing, same ones I've had since first week of ToT. GG.
    You actually recieved loot? Oh you poor poor soul. Let me comfort you!