Thinking of switching from Shadow to Holy (Gear Questions)

Hi all,

Been playing shadow a lonnnng time and feel like switching up to holy to keep the game fresh. I have no experience as holy (or disc for that matter) and have a few questions.

Here is my current gear - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...a/Dymoa/simple

I basically just quest, and do RF with some RL friends.. very casual with no plans/desire to move to regular/heroic raids.

That said, here are my questions.

1) Would it be possible (without causing problems) to switch to holy with my current gear until I can win holy gear to replace shadow gear?

2) Being that I've never healed, is Holy fairly straight forward in terms of healing, skills etc.

3) Any add-ons that are recommended to help with healing?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Deleted
    Mazi has a nice guide that covers gear and addons as well as a lot of other stuff you should check: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9-UPDATED-3-21

You might be able to manage with your gear after regemming and reforging more for spirit as a casual player, but until then it might feel a bit tight mana wise in the raids. (even if it is LFR, although that might depend on how active you are during it :P )

Deleted
    You don't really need an insane amount of spirit to heal normals as holy, but you'll pretty much have to resist casting (or hell, just go chastice and dps if it's for a bit longer:P) during low damage periods. If you are aiming for some harder content than that disc is probably a better bet, especially until you reach a solid spirit level (nothing wrong playing disc with 8k spirit, but for holy that's a bit iffy).

Deleted
    Just reforge and gem so much spirit you can and it should be good

as for how to heal as holy, i just press Everything when it comes of cd
    you can also check the guide here on mmochamp,

10+ Year Old Account
    I would reforge all spirit gear back to spirit.

Spiritless gear will need reforges to spirit and use spirit gems (spirit+mastery or haste on yellow slots).

I would buy the healing trinket. Should be now cheap anyway.

Start teaching in LFR, I think there you will found out how to heal since if you spam as hell and overheal a lot as holy will just make your mana go zero in few seconds :P

I would get prayer of mending tracker since its I think most powerful healing spell atm for holy.

But if you will raid 10 mans I would still consider you going discipline. I am going holy for some normal fights in pure having fun times and would still overperform it easily with disc.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple