10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...

[GW2] Can't find my serial code and I've been hacked

Help! I can't log in, I can't reset my password either as I bought the game digitally before launch and have since cleared out my old e-mails containing the serial code. Is there anything I can do? or am I screwed?

You need the serial code to prove you own the game? Haven't been hacked in GW2 as of yet, so I'm not sure what is required to regain control over your account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they require your email adress, your serial code from your game and the name of a character on your account.. just for a password reset.

Looks like I am out of luck, and out of pocket. Won;t be coming back if this is how they treat their genuine customers.

Pretty sure, when i got it, it told me in the email, "Please keep this serial code safe, you may need it in the future if you lose your account" or alone those lines.... i guess it's their fault you didn't copy down something important like that....

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I did something I normally don't.. So I must have read that and e-mailed the code to myself on my back up e-mail address.. SO I have my serial code. Now I get an error when trying to recover the account... I enter the e-mail, code and a chacrter name, but it simply won;t let me recover the account in question.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    Yeah they require your email adress, your serial code from your game and the name of a character on your account.. just for a password reset.

Looks like I am out of luck, and out of pocket. Won;t be coming back if this is how they treat their genuine customers.
    Lol so you just want them to give you all the info if you make them a call? Isn´t that a great way to "protect" their genuine customers? I bet the hackers wishes for the same treatment you wish for......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FixDestruNow View Post
    Lol so you just want them to give you all the info if you make them a call? Isn´t that a great way to "protect" their genuine customers? I bet the hackers wishes for the same treatment you wish for......
    So being able to supply my credit card details, my registered address a photocopy of my driving license... (blizzard style) isn;t enough... right who knew. I bought the game digitally so didnt have piss around keeping boxes and codes and other shit..

I would really like to thank the GW2 forums on MMO-C for their brilliant support and help in this matter.

Did you even send in a ticket? Communicating with us won't help anything, communicate with ArenaNet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Did you even send in a ticket? Communicating with us won't help anything, communicate with ArenaNet.
    Sent a ticket, got an automated "click this link and use our system that gives you the same error every time" e-mail.

I feel like you're leaving details out. I've never heard of a company that wouldn't accept a piling amount of evidence. E.g; some combination of drivers license, serial code, character names, bank statement of having sent Arenanet the cost of a game license etc.

Edit: You need to be specific on the error it is throwing you. Depending on the error, it could be telling you that you are entering the wrong information, or on the other hand it might be saying its system is broken.
    Last edited by Fawxey; 2013-04-14 at 04:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enter in the details... on the only account recovery form they they have. My e-mail, my serial code, my character name... it then says
    "ERROR - PLEASE CONTACT SUPPORT." I have then clicked that link, entered in all the information on that screen and simply got the automated response sending me back to square one.. If I could actually talk to a human not a form with an auto response, I could pile all my evidence on them.. I simply can't get past this ridiculous system that sends me around in circles.

I don't get it. What kind of ticket are you trying to send? It shouldn't ask you to click anything.

Go to https://en.support.guildwars2.com/
    Create a support account if you haven't
    Then 'Ask a Question'
    I'd probably use login issue from the drop down menu, everything else just fill out as much info as you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have filled in the ask a question form, it's that onbe that generated the auto response..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    Help! I can't log in, I can't reset my password either as I bought the game digitally before launch and have since cleared out my old e-mails containing the serial code. Is there anything I can do? or am I screwed?
    why in the F*** would you ever clear out your serial code email... you screwed yourself on this one.

and @ arrowstorm, yes you do need it. when the game was brand new it was 2 weeks into emails till i finally gave them a picture of my serial code in the box to give me my account access back.

I have no idea what I could suggest next to help then...I just filled one out using the vaguest information or no information at all and it went through with no problems.

When you're at the support page and you click on 'My stuff' is there anything listed under recently submitted questions?

I didn't realize you found your serial key in the middle of the thread, so Idk man...something must be fucked up on their website.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2013-04-14 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    why in the F*** would you ever clear out your serial code email... you screwed yourself on this one.

and @ arrowstorm, yes you do need it. when the game was brand new it was 2 weeks into emails till i finally gave them a picture of my serial code in the box to give me my account access back.
    Had you scrolled down 3 or so more posts, you would've noticed that he emailed the Serial code to himself.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

While I know the OP has found a copy of their serial code, for future reference it is NOT needed to regain control of your account.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...erial-number-s

If you need assistance in the future and cannot provide your serial code, the Support Team still will be able to help you, using other information to verify your ownership of the account. Please don’t worry — we do not rely exclusively on the serial code as the be-all and end-all of account ownership verification. - Gaile Gray

10+ Year Old Account
    The automatic response is textbook. You're supposed to wait for a real response. In GW1 I forgot my password/forgot character names like a thousand times through the years, lost my serial codes probably the 2nd year I owned the games. Never once did I have them but still got my account access back. Then again, this was when ANet really cared about the community. Send your credit info, address, etc.

I have no idea how good their customer service is now.

>Get Hacked
    >Can't figure out what to do, delete serial key that you were told to keep safe, fail to answer basic questions
    >Complain about bad support from GW2 and MMMO forums
    >???
    >PROFITx8