Combat and gemming.

So, I've been using Shadowcraft to find optimal ways to gem. It keeps stating that I should be using +160 agi gems in red slots. But I've also been reading elsewhere that using hybrid gems, at lower ilevels, is a better strategy. Any help would be appreciated!

10+ Year Old Account
    Agility got a ~4% boost in AP value in 5.2, but to tell you more about your stat weights, we need your armory. Not knowing what you're character is wearing, or why ShC is telling you to gem agility, makes it hard to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    Agility got a ~4% boost in AP value in 5.2, but to tell you more about your stat weights, we need your armory. Not knowing what you're character is wearing, or why ShC is telling you to gem agility, makes it hard to help.
    Sorry: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Barole/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't until around 15k agility that sims and SHC started to tell me that 2 haste > 1 Agi. With the buff in 5.2, that threshold might be higher. You need more Attack Power(agility) for haste to be in favor, basically.

EDIT: 15k might not be the magic number, that's just what I remember. Either way you're getting close to 2 haste > 1 agi...but we're talking minute amounts of dps (15-20) per gem.
    Last edited by -Raer-; 2013-04-14 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyowin View Post
    It wasn't until around 15k agility that sims and SHC started to tell me that 2 haste > 1 Agi. With the buff in 5.2, that threshold might be higher. You need more Attack Power(agility) for haste to be in favor, basically.

EDIT: 15k might not be the magic number, that's just what I remember. Either way you're getting close to 2 haste > 1 agi...but we're talking minute amounts of dps (15-20) per gem.
    I see! So, you recommend I go with what shadowcraft is telling me? e.g. +160 agi in red slots?

10+ Year Old Account
    If the ~100 dps is worth the gold to replace the hybrids in reds it will be a gain. Although at your gear level you could be rapidly replacing gear, so you might reach a point where 2haste > 1agi and then the changing the gems wouldn't really matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barole View Post
    I see! So, you recommend I go with what shadowcraft is telling me? e.g. +160 agi in red slots?
    Yes; in your gear, agility (2.672) >> 2 haste (1.102x2=2.204). If you're really interested in maximizing your DPS, though, make use of that 502 to go assassination. Assuming a 470 PvP OH (the only thing I know you have), it's looking like a 5k+ DPS increase to switch specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyowin View Post
    If the ~100 dps is worth the gold to replace the hybrids in reds it will be a gain. Although at your gear level you could be rapidly replacing gear, so you might reach a point where 2haste > 1agi and then the changing the gems wouldn't really matter.
    Thanks so much!