Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

[PvE] Current state of Guardians?

Hey there. I just had a quick question! How are Guardian druids doing atm? Havnt seen much of them around lately. Mostly DKs and pala/warriors around :/

Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    Hey there. I just had a quick question! How are Guardian druids doing atm? Havnt seen much of them around lately. Mostly DKs and pala/warriors around :/
    We're fine. We've always had a relatively "low" population anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    We're fine. We've always had a relatively "low" population anyway.
    Truth. I feel ridiculously OP right now and I play with a pure mitigation build which is "worse".

Deleted
    I've started leveling as guardian since 84 [almost 86 now] and I've been chainpulling nonstop, completing my quests in 2 or 3 pulls!
    Best thing? I never lose hp ;3
    If they keep up to be this strong, I'm going Guardian for life, lol!

I only play 10man so cant say anything about 25.
    But playing with dps crit build, druid are very strong. you tank maintank everything but i think you are the best offtank right now. With a Pala its the strongest 10m combo. tooth and claw is really nice plus with crit build you do alot of dmg even without vengeance, plus if you taunt the boss you just use inkarnation, and you will do alot of dmg.

We dont have a pala right now so i maintank with a DK as offtank. Mitigation is very good with 2t15 even stronger. NV and HotW are very strong abilities. On megeara i use hotw with (aoe heal forgot how its called in english) with 502 intweapon and almost solo heal last transition phase, one of the reason we two heal the fight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    On megeara i use hotw with (aoe heal forgot how its called in english) with 502 intweapon and almost solo heal last transition phase
    You mean using HoTW and just spam rejuvenation while you tank/offtank or you use tranquility and start spamming heals?
    Right now I'm using NV combined with Incarnation or with Berserk and have good numbers, is there any other better way?

Deleted
    He's saying HoTW and Tranq during rampage is a beast tranq and will keep your raid alive on its own. We did it for progression also.

As Arielle said, bears have kinda always had a low pop. In TBC we were generally an Off-tank and truly came up during Wrath, we haven't been 'weak' ever really and bear-catting was stupidly OP at times during Cata. Atm we're a great tank class with good mitigation (if played well) and our dmg can be insane in a crit build. Imo anyone staying in a pure mitigation build is doing their guild a disservice (for 10mans at least).

In TBC Druids were offtanks on encounters that had mechanics specifically put in to prevent Bears from tanking them. Otherwise Bears were by far the best tanks in TBC.

I feel unkillable in LFR and 5 man heroics when geared for mitigation, and OP when geared for rage generation. Druid tanking is the best.

They're effective enough, but I find them extremely dull to play since 5.0 and many I talk to seem to agree, so I've pretty much just dropped the character.

Cutting the spec in half certainly didn't help things. It used to be a shapeshifter class, now I'm not sure what it's supposed to be unless you just really like being furry.

Cutting the spec in half certainly didn't help things. It used to be a shapeshifter class, now I'm not sure what it's supposed to be unless you just really like being furry.
    Because Bearcat was totally balanced.

I didn't say it was fair. >.>

Just the way they went about resolving that though cut out what I considered the whole point of the spec. You weren't just a hamstrung Prot Warrior, you were a hamstrung PWarr and a hamstrung Rogue at the same time.

To each his own of course, but I can't help but feel that bears being dull is a large part of why they're rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranks View Post
    You mean using HoTW and just spam rejuvenation while you tank/offtank or you use tranquility and start spamming heals?
    Right now I'm using NV combined with Incarnation or with Berserk and have good numbers, is there any other better way?
    HotW plus Tranq during rampage with caster weapon. you can spam rejuv after that but dont know for sure but its the strongest pure healing cd in the game atm.

The NV combo was really good but they nerfed this fight so hard, the first pullst we did 4 heals and i tanked the red head and got 4-5 stacks and alot of Vengeance and healed alot with cds. one problem was you had to use Inkarnation or berserk for dmg/heal and not defensively.

To each his own of course, but I can't help but feel that bears being dull is a large part of why they're rare.
    Justifying something that was completely and totally overpowered by saying "But it was fun" doesn't work. Now that doesn't necessarily mean everyone is going to like the playstyle of any given class/spec.

However your statement is just the opinion of one person, and should be taken as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Because Bearcat was totally balanced.
    What exactly is meant by Bearcat?

Guardian was my offspec for a while. I ended up changing to Resto. Imo Blizzard has done a good job with either spec.

HotW is a silly amount of healing if you don't need to tank anything. Just to be sure everyone stayed alive during our Heroic Council kill I went and healed for a bit (just showing the end when I pop HotW):

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dl...=10999&e=11039

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    What exactly is meant by Bearcat?

Guardian was my offspec for a while. I ended up changing to Resto. Imo Blizzard has done a good job with either spec.
    Guardian used to be the same talent tree as cat , you filled in a feral tree before MoP and when you didn't needed to tank something for 10 seconds / 2 minutes / 5 minutes you could just switch to cat form and do shit tons of dmg cause cats and bears used the same talents and gear.
    You were effectively switching between bear and cat cause both had the same talent tree / gear / abilities , hence the term bearcat

Now that guardian has it's own ''spec'' since MoP they removed alot of abilities from bears, and also choosing to spec guardian gives you different passives etc compared to speccing feral , you didn't used to have that before MoP and it was just 1 big jar of Feral
    Last edited by FluFF; 2013-04-16 at 06:22 PM.

Did anyone see the Midwinter AMA on Reddit? They talked about their tanks a bit, agreed Paladins are in the best spot at the moment (Probably true) but then went on to say their Brewmaster also has an equally geared Druid but Druid tanks are bottom of the barrel so he went with the Brewmaster.

Any clue why he feels this way, he seems pretty adamant about it. I've felt Druid was pretty strong through this patch. Though I did feel squishier than my warrior until I got a little more gear. Purely anecdotal but I always blamed it on Second Wind because most of my experience was with dailies and LFR.

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...ld_ama/c9dfro9

We have 1 of every tank on standby in our 10 man - Recently I've been benched, even though I was taken for most fights in T14. Reason being that despite my survivability being fine, certain mechanics just outright favour other classes. Also, next expac I will be campaigning for a ranged aoe ability ala Light's Hammer, Glyph of Consecration, D&D, etc.

Example: Right now our warrior tank has just been swapped from Iron Qon hc because the tankadin basically doesn't need healing, and throws out anything up to 80k hps across the raid.
    Last edited by Themessiah; 2013-04-16 at 08:17 PM.