Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Unless they fixed "voice of the thunder king" in the last few days soloing nalak is not a problem (for a geared tank).

People using that mechanic can easily do 1m+ dps which is enough to avoid berserk.

Deleted
    Nalak is one good AFK check NPC

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard intends "kite to guards" as a strategy for some NPCs. For example, there's pretty much no way for about half the classes to solo that NPC with his two helpers that hangs out in a corner outside Niuzao Temple, except by kiting him to the guards. He will go a long ways before he leashes so it really does seem to be deliberate.
    You're joking right? Rogue, hunter, dk, shaman, warrior all solo killed that mob for the quest...not hard
    Last edited by Hunter Extraordinaire; 2013-04-15 at 02:37 PM. Reason: I can spell...sort of

For all the people saying to just find a group - some players (like me) find pushing the limits of what your character can solo to be a lot of fun. For me it's almost like a minigame. If Nalak were solo-able (and with a lot of gear and the voice of the thunder king thing it probably is) it would be a cool one to check off the list.

Nalak is the easiest world boss to ever exist in wow... any small bunch of players can kill him with minimal effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    not to mention.. whats the benefit of trying to solo? cool points? im sorry not high up on my cool meter. would be cooler it you tried to get as many people involved as possible.
    We've had that on US-Area52, when the gates opened...
    That was very cool.... Server crashed 5 times, one huge clusterfuck of hundreds of people trying to get the kill, on the very first pull.
    So much to as many people as possible .. lol

Supposedly my friend on a PVE server saw a blood DK (playing on the underpopulated faction) solo Nalak. His faction couldn't actually stop the DK because he wasn't flagged.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Wait, what? Goda should easily be soloable by any class (with half-decent gear).
    Some specs require a higher gear level than others, though. I'd imagine it's tricky for Boomkin if they can't burn him fast enough, because of his stacking anti-magic buff (every other caster has a purge).

Deleted
    its certainly easy enough to have your run of the mill 10m do him, so you keep the loot in your guild, rather than sharing it with 20+ ppl which is kinda nice as it allows you to gear up faster if you have ppl that still need those particular tier items.

if your server cant do it, then get as many people as possible and everyone get the charged moganite from the pvp daily. you do stupid amounts of damage and it well negate needing a full raid

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    not to mention.. whats the benefit of trying to solo? cool points? im sorry not high up on my cool meter. would be cooler it you tried to get as many people involved as possible.
    Wait, you think it's cooler to just do the boss regularly as opposed to trying to solo it? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Extraordinaire View Post
    You're joking right? Rogue, hunter, dk, shaman, warrior all solo killed that mob for the quest...not hard
    Aren't there more classes in WoW? I think there are 6 more actually.

On my hunter I just mashed buttons and those dudes died. Same on my disc priest. DK is probably the same, dunno. The rest, the damage is too high. It was much easier for my rogue to sap one and kite two. Maybe second wind makes it easy on a warrior. I wouldn't know.

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 03:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    its certainly easy enough to have your run of the mill 10m do him, so you keep the loot in your guild, rather than sharing it with 20+ ppl which is kinda nice as it allows you to gear up faster if you have ppl that still need those particular tier items.
    Your reasoning is just ... like ... there is no race for normal gear dude.

Do you realize that there is no "sharing" of world boss loot? It's all personal. If 100 people tag the boss they have the same chance at loot individually as if only 10 people tag it.

Nalak is soloable as a prot warrior, got him to 80%, but then stopped as it would take too long time

Good luck on it!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Aren't there more classes in WoW? I think there are 6 more actually.

On my hunter I just mashed buttons and those dudes died. Same on my disc priest. DK is probably the same, dunno. The rest, the damage is too high. It was much easier for my rogue to sap one and kite two. Maybe second wind makes it easy on a warrior. I wouldn't know.
    As I recall it was only possible for me on my boomkin by kiting them to the guards. The damage from all three of them is overwhelming if you don't have a pet and aren't a tank or healer. I don't remember whether I did them on my mage and lock or not. DK, disc priest, hunter, all easy. Rogue, easy-ish. I have a vague memory that I had to pop some cooldowns on my prot pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayar View Post
    Nalak is soloable as a prot warrior, got him to 80%, but then stopped as it would take too long time

Good luck on it!
    i was about to say the same, except as a prot pally. It was extremely boring

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid on my server solod it looking for the video

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    its not soloing if the npcs help
    Soloing = one player (npcs do not count)

Deleted
    last post: 2013-04-16, 12:55 AM

Was this necro really needed? -___-

Is he even worth soloing?

Quote Originally Posted by se7enthsinn View Post
    Is he even worth soloing?
    drops a mount. *shrug*