Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Hangul itself has been used for a long time since the time of King Sejong (1400s). Hanja isn't too prevalent anymore outside of foreign study and possibly literary classes because of the importance of understanding the origin of a word and its meaning.
    According to Wikipedia the last revision was around 1946. Not many drastic changes, but still.

I kinda like Hangul. It's one of the, if not, the easiest non-roman alphabet. Maybe Russian is even easier, but I haven't tried to learn that yet and it has more symbols. (This is just the alphabet, not the language itself).
    Compared to Thai, Arabic or Tamil at least

10+ Year Old Account
    I am anti-apple, I'm not being anti-apple.

I'm saying for more money you should get more product, you don't, you get the same product with an apple logo.

Ely, you're an artsy fartsy type, any cool ideas for a leaving party "poster"? (A4)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. I enjoy my ipod and ipad. My ipad got very regular use at uni especially with the Wolfram Alpha app.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thai and Tamil are very artsy calligraphic, Arabic just looks like scribbled handwriting someone threw out in a rush

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 06:39 PM ----------

I don't know. I enjoy my ipod and ipad. My ipad got very regular use at uni especially with the Wolfram Alpha app.
    http://products.wolframalpha.com/android/

Also available on Android

just saying ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I am anti-apple, I'm not being anti-apple.

I'm saying for more money you should get more product, you don't, you get the same product with an apple logo.

Ely, you're an artsy fartsy type, any cool ideas for a leaving party "poster"? (A4)
    Because that's consumerism, which is riddled throughout our society? You don't buy these things for the product, you buy them for the long established branding and logo. It's like buying a shirt from Hugo Boss, whereas you could probably get the same thing from Primark.

It's all about the money money money!

Seriously though, becoming vocal about it just seems petty to me. If you don't like it, ignore it and move along. Another person using their overpriced items will have no lasting effect on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it's multiplatform now. However, I couldn't get it on my Android phone back when I got my ipad.

I'm happy using my Apple products too. They've worked thus far for me, and I've not had an issue with them. Only issue is when I'm a clumsy fucker.

10+ Year Old Account
    This coming from the guy who'd laugh and take the piss out of people for wearing the clothes they'd like to wear, even if they looked to your mind stupid?

Pot kettle much?

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    What is with people being so anti-Apple? I don't get it.
    I'm not waving a flag saying don't buy apple.
    Rember this ad?

This is how they used to be, or appeared to be. Its obviously very anti-control and making refference to 1984.

now look where they are patent trolling and very very secretive and controlling .
    that and no gamer is going to buy a mac.

I dont want to start a fan boy debate im just saying this is part of the reason I don't buy apple products, I may deter people from getting a mac but I'm never hard about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    I'm happy using my Apple products too. They've worked thus far for me, and I've not had an issue with them. Only issue is when I'm a clumsy fucker.
    I make sure to by high quality cases for my stuff. I'm not very clumsy, but I have been known to drop a thing or two from time to time. I'd rather not break an expensive piece of tech when a $20 cover will keep that from happening.

Deleted

Hai

That's EXACTLY the point I was making, Androids are just as good if not better than iphones, so what justifies the massive price hike? TBH, she's the kind of person who'd buy an iphone just to have that "better than you" status to flaunt at people.

Might just be the people I know, but everyone I know irl who has an Android has had to get it replaced every year to two years either for software issues because the new updates broke something with their phone, or because their phones physically break.

+7

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way Fallen, since you listened to older Korean singers did you ever listen to Lee Hyori: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=P0_-DgNwv_U#!
    Queen of K-pop

+5

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    By the way Fallen, since you listened to older Korean singers did you ever listen to Lee Hyori: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=P0_-DgNwv_U#!
    Queen of K-pop

+5

Nice positives guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Queen of K-pop

+5
    I have. I liked a lot of her music.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    that and no gamer is going to buy a mac.
    That is not an actual fact. It might be a fact that gamers in general are less likely to buy macs, but then you'd have to divide it up by types of gamers because even that isn't really true. There are definitely gamers out there who own macs.

유영 hooray for circles

I'm not really happy with the iPad we have here. Biggest gripe is the lack of a back button, which all android devices I've used so far do have. Other problem is that Apple locked it down a bit too much. We have a nice network in our home and every device is connected to it. Every laptop, pc and android phone was very easily connected in no time, but for the iPad we had to use a guide to do that one simple task :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Allows you to go back a step in what you're doing.