Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I feel I should probably not venture out of PvM due to what I guess will be the massive number of posts bitching about things that we don't know a great load of detail about, and could very easily change by game release date.

On the plus side, I'd estimate around half of the forum population plan on quitting for some retarded reason they don't understand, like "oh my god with item squish i'm weaker and can't solo old content" or whatever. Assuming these are sensible people (hah, yeah), upon quitting because they're mongs, the forums will hopefully have fewer of them, cos surely all these people quitting wouldn't hang about on the forums ... unless they didn't actually quit
    It's actually the other way around. All wannabe elitists and the "let's insult everyone because I'm an asshole"-crowd are running rampant and nobody is getting infracted at all. Reported some people who can't do anything else than post "retard" all the time and nothing happens :l

+ 10

I think I was going to sleep. So many idiots though who need to be corrected...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well so far I've seen 2 things, 1 was "oh my god item squish is the worst thing ever" and another was complaining that they don't get a free recustomisation of their character once the new models land.

Then I got scared I'd be banned and fled.

I have pretty much entirely avoided the site so as not to spoil my virtual ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, I think it would be best if we did get one free recustomization per character. Totally not necessary, but I think it would be liked by all. I mean, it is possible that some features will look a lot better now that the graphics are updated.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

its raid time. baby

- - - Updated - - -

also the reason people complain about something in beta is so it WONT go live.

Well so far I've seen 2 things, 1 was "oh my god item squish is the worst thing ever" and another was complaining that they don't get a free recustomisation of their character once the new models land.

Then I got scared I'd be banned and fled.

I have pretty much entirely avoided the site so as not to spoil my virtual ticket.
    That "item squish" person isn't the problem in that thread. Try reading it, you'll see the anti-squish people being civil and just giving their arguements and the pro-squishers insulting everyone who doesn't agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually pro-squish, just as long as I don't have a character with 3000 health doing 300 dps.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess they should at least give discounts to characters over X level that existed before the expansion dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from there almost definitely being more than 1 thread, I don't need to open the thread at all, the title is "item squish will destroy the game". Whether he's being civil or not with that title he's baiting.

Why not just post "my opinions on item squish" or post in a thread that already exists?

10+ Year Old Account
    What's item squish? I haven't been following wow news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Numbers were getting too big, so they're making them smaller basically.

I think they were close to hitting max HP values that they can feasibly do this expansion, which is part of the reason Garrosh has multiple phases that trigger when he hits low health rather than trigger when he hits 75%, 50% etc hp.

You'll be as powerful as you are relatively speaking, but instead of critting 400k you'll crit 2k (or whatever).

Will be less work on the engine, so I guess possibly less server problems, or if you have a shit PC or something.

I don't mind either way what the numbers are, they've said relative power will be the same, so I can still go back and solo Naxx or whatever. I'm not weaker, just my numbers are smaller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Numbers were getting too big, so they're making them smaller basically.

I think they were close to hitting max HP values that they can feasibly do this expansion, which is part of the reason Garrosh has multiple phases that trigger when he hits low health rather than trigger when he hits 75%, 50% etc hp.

You'll be as powerful as you are relatively speaking, but instead of critting 400k you'll crit 2k (or whatever).

Will be less work on the engine, so I guess possibly less server problems, or if you have a shit PC or something.

I don't mind either way what the numbers are, they've said relative power will be the same, so I can still go back and solo Naxx or whatever. I'm not weaker, just my numbers are smaller.
    Imo that's fantastic news. I've been saying for a very long time that numbers were increasing too drastically with each expansion. They wouldn't have a need to do that if they didn't have such an insane increase of numbers with each expansion. Blizz brought it on themselves.

Ra-den 25m heroics health overflowed and became un killable if few orbs got to him, (( like 4) they couldnt make it to the more than two teirs before the game couldn't handle the health numbers

10+ Year Old Account
    The squish and new world of Draenor has me interested in the new expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their basic thought on the matter is the gear between olders raids doesn't nee such a big gap as it has (relatively speaking), BWL gear no longer needs to be better (or quite a bit better) than MC gear for example, aside from it no longer being current content, with spec/talent changes over the years, even if you had MC gear, you'd slaughter BWL pretty much in an hour without even needing these upgrades anyway.

I dunno how the specifics will go, but closing the gap on older gear (maybe even tuning that down relative to spec changes etc, so that they could have like half the stats as BWL gear had (relatively), but still be considered as strong (because your base character is that much stronger)) could be something that they'll do.

I quite like most of the gear changes, could be a little more random/exciting

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    Ra-den 25m heroics health overflowed and became un killable if few orbs got to him, (( like 4) they couldnt make it to the more than two teirs before the game couldn't handle the health numbers
    I knew Horridon heroic was pushing it pretty high, had heard something about Ra-Den, but never seen him, I only do LFR (and occasionally flex), so had no idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    The squish and new world of Draenor has me interested in the new expansion.
    Well you didn't last long as the new Wass >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Their basic thought on the matter is the gear between olders raids doesn't nee such a big gap as it has (relatively speaking), BWL gear no longer needs to be better (or quite a bit better) than MC gear for example, aside from it no longer being current content, with spec/talent changes over the years, even if you had MC gear, you'd slaughter BWL pretty much in an hour without even needing these upgrades anyway.

I dunno how the specifics will go, but closing the gap on older gear (maybe even tuning that down relative to spec changes etc, so that they could have like half the stats as BWL gear had (relatively), but still be considered as strong (because your base character is that much stronger)) could be something that they'll do.

I quite like most of the gear changes, could be a little more random/exciting
    So far I totally agree with the squish.

Well you didn't last long as the new Wass >.>
    Just because I am interested doesn't mean I am going to play or want to play

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that exam did not go well might have failed, hope I didn't!

10+ Year Old Account
    As I say, some of that is conjecture, they did mention closing the gap on MC and BWL gear specifically, but we don't know to what extent.

Plius you're supposed to be anti-wow, not dis to moderate interested in it

10+ Year Old Account
    That sucks Ana

horridon was still quite a bit lower, its just raden with 40% more health

- - - Updated - - -

they gave an example where you health was 30k which was like... start of icc ish

10+ Year Old Account
    As I say, some of that is conjecture, they did mention closing the gap on MC and BWL gear specifically, but we don't know to what extent.
    Still good to know that they are addressing the situation to some extent.

Plius you're supposed to be anti-wow, not dis to moderate interested in it
    In that case...
    Wow is dumb and I'm glad I quit. I should have quit sooner.
    Wow has been crap since the start of WotLK.
    I have 0 interested in that stupid game. FPS or gtfo.
    Wow is a waste of time and money.

Better?