Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    ^^^ This was my first impression as well.

She looks really content with the iPad though.
    Unfortunately I'm "ruining" my child by giving her an iPad to play with. O well she'll be some other persons problem in a couple decades. I remember growing up that I spent most of my free time on an SNES and I turned out fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Wj5iAk9.jpg[IMG]
    That's so epic.

+ 28

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Unfortunately I'm "ruining" my child by giving her an iPad to play with. O well she'll be some other persons problem in a couple decades. I remember growing up that I spent most of my free time on an SNES and I turned out fine.
    Who told you that?

I seriously don't believe the people who say "if you let kids play video games, their brains will die or they'll grow up addicted to video games or they're missing life skills" and shit like that. Video games and most things on the iPad or on the computer I believe will actually help your kid think for herself and think correctly. So I don't really see the big issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Nah, it's good that children are growing up with the latest technology, much like we did. Older people who had the ability to adapt the newer technology had the chance to embrace it and improve it since they had the knowledge to do so. I wonder what your daughter can achieve years later having embraced the latest technology that older generations can't even comprehend.

Damn people hiding their jealosy behind things like "parenting"

Deleted
    Who told you that?

I seriously don't believe the people who say "if you let kids play video games, their brains will die or they'll grow up addicted to video games or they're missing life skills" and shit like that. Video games and most things on the iPad or on the computer I believe will actually help your kid think for herself and think correctly. So I don't really see the big issue.
    It's fine to play games but I think people have a higher tendency of getting addicted to it than most things a person of that age(kids and teens basically) would normally do for fun, outside of video games. Which is a bad thing, so the person playing games at a young age needs to be disciplined quite well or they won't prioritize things well for study, school, friends, etc, imo.

Deleted
    I remember the SNES - It was an awesome replacement for my broken NES

/old

Who told you that?

Pretty much this. As long as your child doesnt rely solely on computers and does go out and play then she'll be alright. Really we should be doing more to get people interested in computers considering how big a part of our lives they are becoming

I turned out fine.
    Now hold on, if you're here you cant qualify as ''fine''!

10+ Year Old Account
    + 29

Not even mentioning 'having born' into technology. If I'm 10x better using computer and internet than my father is not because he's old or anything, it's because I was born in it. He spent most of his day for the past 15~ years with different generations of 'PC' madness, yet he will never reach the efficiency or level I have with them because guess why? Well some part of it is because I'm a fucking genius but the larger part was that I was born in it.

There is a reason why they say one should start learning how to play the piano at the age of 6.

My 3 year old niece is tons better at using touch screen than I will ever be. My fingers are 8x hers but I believe my point still stands.

10+ Year Old Account
    + 30

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    + 29

10+ Year Old Account
    + 30

+ 30

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PObwWVe.gif[/IG]
    + 31

See, now that's fucked up. I dislike irresponsible pet owners.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    + 33

+ 33

[video=youtube;DhIVtGS3-dk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhIVtGS3-dk#t=23[/vieo]
    See, it's one thing when the hamsters fail to moderate themselves and end up doing that. It's entirely another when you motorize it.

Deleted
    + 31

+ 32