Blood tap Vs Runic Corruption as unholy in 5.2

I currently use blood tap and put out pretty good numbers but the overwhelming majority of dks I see on Worldoflogs are using runic corruption. Thinking of it logically bloodtap only gives u death runes back which in turn gives more scourge strikes our most powerful attack. On the hand hand Runic Corruption gives u blood,frost and unholy runes at the same rate u would be getting death runes from BT. I dont see why getting more festerting strikes over getting more scourge strikes is the choice for 90% of dks.

Please enlighten me as to what Im missing.

TY.

Deleted
    I did no research so this might be wrong, but it's my guess:

Festerblight.

It's a playstyle that, in contrast to the traditional unholy play, opts to fire away as many temporary buffs as possible in his opening to get strong starting diseases on the boss and strives to keep these diseases up for the entire fight. To achieve this you need to hit more festering strikes. With the quality of life changes and the abundance of orphan runes runic corruption gains value.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamadeathknight View Post
    I dont see why getting more festerting strikes over getting more scourge strikes is the choice for 90% of dks.
    You need a festering strike every six seconds to keep diseases up.

You also need a soul reaper every six second for almost half the fight.

Runic corruption is better at giving you the runes you want for this than blood tap is, but the difference is extremely small, so in situations where you can get a lot of value out of ams blood tap may still be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamadeathknight View Post
    I currently use blood tap and put out pretty good numbers but the overwhelming majority of dks I see on Worldoflogs are using runic corruption. Thinking of it logically bloodtap only gives u death runes back which in turn gives more scourge strikes our most powerful attack. On the hand hand Runic Corruption gives u blood,frost and unholy runes at the same rate u would be getting death runes from BT. I dont see why getting more festerting strikes over getting more scourge strikes is the choice for 90% of dks.

Please enlighten me as to what Im missing.

TY.
    Festerblight is the higher dps priority which requires the continued use of festering strike.