Thread: Reforge addon

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Reforge addon

Hello. I'm looking for a reforging addon that will allow me to optimise my stats.

I used ReforgeLite and it was great, but now it's out of date. Can anyone recommend the current best?

Thank you very much.

Nvm, i recommended reforgelite still remains the best. YOU can still LOAD THE OUTDATED addon. It still work just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Reforgelite http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgelite load the outdate addon. It works great!!! /reforge, Pick ur spec by clicking Arrow down tab and select pvp or raiding for ur spec. Calculate then Go to reforge guy and Click reforge and it does the work for you reforging instant. :3
    Did you bother to read my post? I think it greatly matters that it's out of date, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Reforgelite load the outdate addon. It works great!!! /reforge, Pick ur spec by clicking Arrow down tab and select pvp or raiding for ur spec. Calculate then Go to reforge guy and Click reforge and it does the work for you reforging instant. :3
    The issue with an out of date reforge addon is that it doesn't take patch changes in to account anymore and will probably give you sub-optimal stat weights. Hell, even currently updated reforge websites give suboptimal stat weights.

Your best bet is to not use an addon and use a few of the reforge websites in conjunction with each other along with some common sense to figure out what's best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Did you bother to read my post? I think it greatly matters that it's out of date, doesn't it?

I must misread it, my bad :3 You can still load the outdate addon. It just works fine regardless, but in some way i could wish they update it anytime in the future.

There's no need to update a working addon... Change the .toc manually if it bothers you that much...

If it's outdated then it's stat weights are almost definitely sub-optimal. Hell, even all the popular reforge sites are generally sub-optimal by default.

Best thing to do is to use a couple sites at once and a healthy dose of common sense and napkin math if you're serious about maxing your stats.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    If it's outdated then it's stat weights are almost definitely sub-optimal.
    Change them?

Reforgelite's stat weights are not set in stone... you can change them to whatever you want and save those weights as a profile.

If you're paying enough attention to notice the stat weights are wrong, you can figure out what the new ones should be.

Deleted
    I use reforgenator and put stat weights in by myself...

Deleted
    I've been happy with ReforgeLite until I started playing windwalker more often on my monk.
    There's no way to have more than two caps (ww needs 3) so now I have to go to askmrrobot, lock all gear, edit the stat weights, optimize and then import everything with Reforgerade.

Wowreforge still doesn't support item upgrades and I think Reforgenator just tells you what to do? It doesn't seem to reforge automatically after calculating.

All in built stat weights are sub optimal, you should never use if that's your goal.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2013-04-15 at 03:25 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Use reforgerade in conjunction with wowreforge.com. Do the reforges on wowreforge, click summary, copy the text into reforgerade and then hit reforge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Use reforgerade in conjunction with wowreforge.com. Do the reforges on wowreforge, click summary, copy the text into reforgerade and then hit reforge.
    Question; I'm using AskmrRobot using custom weights. It also has an export function. Can you copy MrRobot reforges to reforgerade too?

*Edit* Just tried it, it works!
    Last edited by Thundertom; 2013-04-16 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Tried it.
    Warlock (SL main)

I find it much easier to Reforge manually. Reforge lite likes to take out of important stats, then put back into that stat elsewhere. Learn your numbers and do it manually. You can get a much more accurate Reforge this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    I find it much easier to Reforge manually. Reforge lite likes to take out of important stats, then put back into that stat elsewhere. Learn your numbers and do it manually. You can get a much more accurate Reforge this way.
    Well, at least for me, my reforge comes out usually mathematically optimal every time, occasionally one or two reforges could be improved for a net gain of <100 dps.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    The issue with an out of date reforge addon is that it doesn't take patch changes in to account anymore and will probably give you sub-optimal stat weights. Hell, even currently updated reforge websites give suboptimal stat weights.

Your best bet is to not use an addon and use a few of the reforge websites in conjunction with each other along with some common sense to figure out what's best.
    Why would this matter? YOU should know your stat weights. Adjust your reforging preferences accordingly? This only matters if you use defaults...

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    Ridiculous. Reforgelite does what it does based on the inputs you give it. It shifts priority stats around like that to get as close to cap stats as possible. If your options are getting +20 more of your #1 secondary stat out of crit/haste/mastery and going over say hit cap by 50 points, or hitting the hit cap on the dot and gaining +70 of your second best secondary stat, it's very likely the latter is preferable - but it still will choose between these two scenarios based on the stat weights that you give it. If you give it a crit stat weight of 500 and a mastery/haste stat weight of 1, and hit/exp of 2, it will never sacrifice any crit, but that isn't a realistic scenario because nobodies stat weights are that out of whack. Almost everyone has all 3 "non-accuracy" stats with non-insignificant weights relative to one another.

There is a lot of time consuming math (not necessarily complex, but time consuming) behind what it would take to optimally do your reforge "by hand" so to speak. Could it be done? Sure. To do it optimally would take a lot of time and if it isn't, there's a very good chance you aren't doing it optimally. And the whole argument is pointless when there are addons and web apps that will, usually in just seconds. And even if the addon is 95% optimal, it's still likely far better than you will reach doing it by hand.

Not to mention reforging is really just 100% math and contributes really no enjoyment to the game (unless you're crazy). Get new gear, go to reforger, click button, 10 seconds later go back to things that matter.

If its out of date and isnt reforging you correctly, just edit the stat weights accordingly, after that it should work just fine no?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Ridiculous. Reforgelite does what it does based on the inputs you give it. It shifts priority stats around like that to get as close to cap stats as possible. There is a lot of time consuming math (not necessarily complex, but time consuming) behind what it would take to optimally do your reforge "by hand" so to speak.
    ^ This it could be updated for a burning crusade patch and still give you the right weights.