Thread: Growl fix

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Growl fix

What if Growl was simply removed from Cunning and Ferocity pets? With how easy it is to swap pet specs, I'm not sure what this would hurt.

No thanks. I use my ferocity pet for soloing and like having taunt.

Yeah, I never have my pet swapped to Tenacity for dailies or questing, and very rarely even for instance and heavy soloing. He's always Ferocity.

Is it really that hard to toggle it off? I didn't realize this was a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    No thanks. I use my ferocity pet for soloing and like having taunt.
    taunt on pets should be re-named like taunt of infinite threat!

my blood dk can be tanking for like 2 minutes hunter pet taunts im 20% of his threat....wtf? growl = taunt + 10000000 aggro, although handy to taunt back now i gained 1 billion aggro above all the dps.

It's kind of funny because when I try to solo old raids and stuff, it seems my pet can't keep aggro off me for anything, even with misdirecting often.

With all the "huntards using growl in my 5 mans" theads, it is apparently an issue. That'd be a pretty solid way to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by think309 View Post
    It's kind of funny because when I try to solo old raids and stuff, it seems my pet can't keep aggro off me for anything, even with misdirecting often.
    That's because growl puts him above the highest current threat. Tanks will have more of that so the pet will get more.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would hurt those who do any sort of solo content.

Besides, I've had tanks in 5-mans bitch at me because my pet is above them in threat on the majority of pulls. And it's not due to growl being on, it's because I produce more threat than said tank and instead, choose to funnel it to my pet through misdirections.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    You would hurt those who do any sort of solo content.

Besides, I've had tanks in 5-mans bitch at me because my pet is above them in threat on the majority of pulls. And it's not due to growl being on, it's because I produce more threat than said tank and instead, choose to funnel it to my pet through misdirections.

Why would you ever MD your pet instead of the tank in a 5man? That just doesnt make any sense.
    Last edited by mmoc40b8fcafb5; 2013-04-15 at 03:35 AM.

Isn't it pretty obvious your pet has growl on when it dies? Res and turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    With all the "huntards using growl in my 5 mans" theads, it is apparently an issue. That'd be a pretty solid way to fix it.
    I'd really rather not have to suffer any inconvenience or reduced kill time while soloing just because some people who play my class don't know how to manage their pet, and no one wants to be arsed to nicely tell them how to turn Growl off.

If only Tenacity pets had Growl, hunters would largely swap to using Tenacity pets while soloing or questing. When their dungeon queue popped, and they are the sort of hunter who would not have previously known or bothered or would have forgotten to turn Growl off, do you really think they would change their pet's spec right away every time either?

Personally, I think a better solution would be, not to try to hand hold and babysit people and "take Growl away," but to implement measures to educate people how and when to turn Growl off. It's not very hard to remind the hunter nicely, and to then kick them or let their pet die if they leave it on after being reminded and it's really bothering you. I'd much prefer some sort of raid warning to pop up for a hunter when they enter an instance, says "Growl is on! This may make it harder for your tank to hold threat-- remember to turn Growl off in instance groups!" than to have Growl removed from Ferocity and Cunning pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroomkin View Post
    Why would you ever MD your pet instead of the tank in a 5man? That just doesnt make any sense.
    With a 30-second cooldown, it would only be up once every 2 or 3 pulls. The ones that it isn't would have mobs all over the place, rather than on my pet, which is right next to the tank. If I could multi-misdirect to a tank as often as I wanted, I obviously would go that route instead. But unfortunately, that is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    damn i never have growl on in a 5man or a raid. lol a tank told me take growl off once then told him it was stampede. just like dk army they taunt....which should be removed. although army was funny as hell back in the day when in VH on last boss. a little game called spin the dragon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    damn i never have growl on in a 5man or a raid. lol a tank told me take growl off once then told him it was stampede. just like dk army they taunt....which should be removed. although army was funny as hell back in the day when in VH on last boss. a little game called spin the dragon lol.
    If you have growl off in their spellbook, they won't cast growl when summoned by stampede.

Also, minor glyph of stampede summons copies of your current pet (which should have growl turned off).

Learning how to properly manage your pets, including abilities such as Growl, is part of being a Hunter. Personally, I enjoy being able to toggle Growl on and off at will, regardless of pet spec.
    Nameless hunter pets make me rage. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Actually I have growl in ferocity on when doing dailies. I think would only be annoying if that wouldn't be there anymore.
    Sure, there's Glyphed MD but I don't really like using it. It feels like a waste of dmg.

With a 30-second cooldown, it would only be up once every 2 or 3 pulls. The ones that it isn't would have mobs all over the place, rather than on my pet, which is right next to the tank. If I could multi-misdirect to a tank as often as I wanted, I obviously would go that route instead. But unfortunately, that is not an option.

Just use http://www.wowhead.com/item=87278... It makes MD have no CD, just like the one for pets...

@topic

Instead of removing growl for some pet spec or changing the skill, why not just make it auto toggle off for all the summoned pets inside a LFD group?

Problem solved.

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Personally I would be furious if I lost my taunt outside of Tenacity.

I should not be punished for bad players playing my class.

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 02:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post

@topic

Instead of removing growl for some pet spec or changing the skill, why not just make it auto toggle off for all the summoned pets inside a LFD group?

Problem solved.
    I don't even agree with this.

Sometimes the tank is so bad that the healer tells me to pet tank. Sometimes the tank quits and I can just tank through it with my pet so everyone doesn't have to keep waiting.

I'm strongly against anything preventing me from having access to my pets ability to taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Personally I would be furious if I lost my taunt outside of Tenacity.

I should not be punished for bad players playing my class.

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 02:17 AM ----------

I don't even agree with this.

Sometimes the tank is so bad that the healer tells me to pet tank. Sometimes the tank quits and I can just tank through it with my pet so everyone doesn't have to keep waiting.

I'm strongly against anything preventing me from having access to my pets ability to taunt.

You mean, you dont agree with what i have suggested or with what people said about removing from ferocity pets? Cause i just suggested make every summoned pet inside a random dungeon have its Taunt autocast off as default, so this way it prevents the real Huntards keeping taunting mobs from tanker cause he forgot to turn off Growl, but if you really need use Growl for whatever reason, you can just manually turn autocast on or just use it normally...

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Deleted
    Oh okay .. If you get glyph of Direction, you wont have the problem with having a CD on your MD for the tank. Its a bug that have been out for such a long time.