10+ Year Old Account

Being nice within WoW.

So guys, has anyone else ever been shafted over for being the nice guy?

Through the years in both real life and ingame, ive been a nice person and never nasty, but ive gotten shit back over the years.

I just encountered a moment which made me rage so much.

I play a destro warlock and I have soloed over 100 Zandalari Warbringers ( not easy but possible)
    ive never had a mount drop once.

I see this mage fly ahead asking for an invite, so being the nice person I am, I invite her at less than 20% hp on it.

Mount drops (the one I wanted), I roll a god damn 1 against his 20.

Why is it that whenever I try to be nice in the game, I get shafted over?

Has anyone else encountered this? or am I just the unluckiest SOB right now?

If you were going to be sad about losing the roll, you should not have invited the mage. That doesn't make you nice, it makes you unwise.

*Reality prepares a <Harsh Lesson>!*

Sorry man. That really does suck

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    If you were going to be sad about losing the roll, you should not have invited the mage. That doesn't make you nice, it makes you unwise.

*Reality prepares a <Harsh Lesson>!*

Sorry man. That really does suck
    I'm afraid this is true :[ If you was doing it for the mount in particular, it's confusing as to why you'd risk losing it to a randomer :]

10+ Year Old Account
    Because through my life apart from family, not many people have really been nice to me, this would turn most people into a dick, but I feel like I'm obliged to be nice to random people, as it never happened to me.

Im honestly thinking of giving up the nice game though, it gets you nowhere apart from shafted apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post

Through the years in both real life and ingame, ive been a nice person and never nasty, but ive gotten shit back over the years.

I play a destro warlock and I have soloed over 100 Zandalari Warbringers ( not easy but possible)

I see this mage fly ahead asking for an invite, so being the nice person I am, I invite her at less than 20% hp on it.

being nice and polite isn't a bad thing... RNG is just that... RNG... you were unlucky, but that shouldn't impact you being nice.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Because through my life apart from family, not many people have really been nice to me, this would turn most people into a dick, but I feel like I'm obliged to be nice to random people, as it never happened to me.

Im honestly thinking of giving up the nice game though, it gets you nowhere apart from shafted apparently.
    So you are allowing a dice-roll in a game decide for you to give up being nice?

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't necessarily the dice roll, it was just in general, I try to do my part to keep the wow community up, but it constantly backfires.

Nice? Shafted?? You invited them in, you accepted their company, and they beat you in a fair roll. If you didn't feel like sharing you shouldn't have done it.

Deleted
    It doesn't stop you being nice; next time just think "Do I want to help this guy get my mount, or do I want the mount which I've farmed forever for".

Deleted
    Or you could invite him and make it a master looter. Maybe he was like me, chasing achievement.