Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Key to the palace of Lei Shen issues

I am working on gearing up an alt right now. The key to this solo dungeon will NOT drop. I have spent about 1.5 hours farming mobs on the island and ive killed roughly 10 rarespawnns. I have not done the scenario in this character already this week, or ever. Suggestions? I know, RNG is RNG but my main character always seems to get a key in 5 minutes or less.

It would be one of three possibilities that I can think of. Either it is glitched at the moment, you already did it for the week, or it dropped and you didn't realize it/ it's in your bags as I write this. Check them to make sure.

The key is like 1% drop from normal mobs, and 30ish % from rarespawns afaik, you should've got one already unless you've already obtained one earlier in the week.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Can't think of a week where I haven't gotten a key from the first rare I've killed or chest I've looted on any of my characters. I'd go with double check your bags, or just go to the chick and see if she'll let you queue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfskar View Post
    I am working on gearing up an alt right now. The key to this solo dungeon will NOT drop. I have spent about 1.5 hours farming mobs on the island and ive killed roughly 10 rarespawnns. I have not done the scenario in this character already this week, or ever. Suggestions? I know, RNG is RNG but my main character always seems to get a key in 5 minutes or less.
    There is currently a bug with the Key not reseting its weekly reset. I had it on my main and after a ticket a gm fiddles with my character the next rare mob i killed dropped the key. To make sure you did not loot the key this week already just check activity log on wow armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    It would be one of three possibilities that I can think of. Either it is glitched at the moment, you already did it for the week, or it dropped and you didn't realize it/ it's in your bags as I write this. Check them to make sure.
    Afaik you can get more than one a week. Just aint likely.
    Not 100% sure how it works but I believe if you obtain one from a rare spawn, you won't get one drop for you again off a rare for that week but you can get them still inside the reward container from completing the Islands daily quests.
    I know I had 2 in 6 days on my Shaman, one on Wednesday, one the following Tuesday. (Eu server so our weekly reset is Wednesday)

*Edit* - Source for what I said
    Last edited by mmoc157e395081; 2013-04-15 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relis View Post
    Afaik you can get more than one a week. Just aint likely.
    Not 100% sure how it works but I believe if you obtain one from a rare spawn, you won't get one drop for you again off a rare for that week but you can get them still inside the reward container from completing the Islands daily quests.
    I know I had 2 in 6 days on my Shaman, one on Wednesday, one the following Tuesday. (Eu server so our weekly reset is Wednesday)
    Yeah, I do know you can get more than one a week, but it is only possible from the arcane troves. What I meant was, maybe he already looted a key from a rare for the week, therefore he won't see another one from one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I do know you can get more than one a week, but it is only possible from the arcane troves. What I meant was, maybe he already looted a key from a rare for the week, therefore he won't see another one from one.
    You can only get ONE trove per week. After the first, you don't see any troves until next reset.

So, per week, you can get:
    1 key, high drop chance from trove
    1 key, high drop chance from rares
    1 key, low drop chance from Sunreaver's Bounty
    Infinite keys, VERY LOW drop chance from normal mobs.

But none of them are guarantied to drop..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-04-15 at 06:53 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the quick responses all, just checke, double checked and triple checked my bags, i do not have a key, nor have I done it this week. The NPC will not let me queue. Other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    You can only get ONE trove per week. After the first, you don't see any troves until next reset.

I'm pretty sure the one key that's easy to get is from a trove or rares or boosted chance from normal mobs or from bounty.

Following that you have only a tiny chance of another key from wherever.

That first key though should drop very quickly for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

The very high drop chance from rares is only active until you get a key from any source that week. If you loot a trove and get a key from it before killing any rares, you will not get a 2nd key from a rare.

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 07:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfskar View Post
    thanks for the quick responses all, just checke, double checked and triple checked my bags, i do not have a key, nor have I done it this week. The NPC will not let me queue. Other ideas?
    Try this macro and see what it says in the LeiShenKey part:

/run for k, v in pairs({ Incantation = 32611, Trove = 32609, LeiShenKey = 32626, RareMobLooted = 32610, Chamberlain = 32505}) do print(format("%s: %s", k, IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(v) and "\124cff00ff00Done\124r" or "\124cffff0000Not Done\124r")) end