Deleted

lei shen transitions

As lfr is hitting its final stage this week, our guild is desperately trying to down this one (normal25) before lfr comes.
    Our main gripes are the transition phases where, not including 2-3 tries, always 2-5 people die from either static shock or adds.
    We have a few peeps who can soak the static (hunters rogues mages..) but is it worth trying to solo the static?
    Cant post logs as im on my phone now but maybe later tonight.

Deleted
    Of course solo soaking the shocks is worth it when people die from it.

And there are more classes that can solo shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinalicious View Post
    What we did was to have everyone in raid solo soak it. Our warrior could even solo soak it with shield wall, die by the sword, rally cry +( priest shield). If there every is a problem that someone gets it twice thus cant solo saok it, make sure to call out on your teamspeak so ALL can stack asap.

Rogue = cloak ( will be up for second transition)
    paladin= bubble (with unbreakable spirit CD will be up at second transition phase aswell)
    mage = iceblock (coldsnap to have it for both transitions)
    warrior = read above.
    druid = symbiosis on mage/hunter if resto, symbiosis on rogue if oomkin, symbiosis on priest if feral
    warlock = dark bargain, followed by glyphed Healthstone + unending resolve
    Shadowpriest = disperse
    disc priest = i dunno? pain sup + shield + barrier? (not sure)
    hunteR= deterence
    Shaman = problem dunno..we had none :/
    DK = ams/ibf

So - hope for some RNG, incase shit happens stack up

If you have to stack up then -
    What we noticed here was, DONT use any cooldowns. Only pop absrobs. No damage reducation. It seems (just a guess from what i noticed at our 30 wipes) that if someone takes damage reducation the damage will just go to someone else whos stacking with him.
    Stolen from here

Deleted
    If you get several static shocks in the same quadrant during intermission someone should solo soak, this was needed for 10man and I assume it is for 25man as well.

As quoted, many classes can solo soak, make sure your warlocks are using Dark Bargain, I tried other combinations but nothing worked for lvl2+ Static Shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    Of course solo soaking the shocks is worth it when people die from it.

And there are more classes that can solo shocks.

Stolen from here
    I would not suggest warriors/dks/shamans/healing priests to solo soak in 25man. It is very likely to kill them even when using 50% damage reduction cooldowns, its simply not enough.

We just told everyone to stack up in the centre of the circle in each quadrant for static shock soaking, so if a person needed soaking he would move to the centre of the circle on that quadrant. Anyone who could solo soak would move to the back of a quadrant. This way it was clear for everyone on each quadrant when they needed to assist with soaking.

Also if you have people dying from adds make sure all bouncing balls are soaked and make sure people spread for the diffuse lightning. With multiple adds you can very easily get overrun.

Also in 25man I like to make 4 groups of 6, and keep 1 tank free to pick up adds from whatever quadrant is failing, this helps recovering from 1-2 mistakes in that phase.

If your warrior gets it, he can pop all his defensives, and then anyone with an immunity can run on him and use it, which should keep him alive, without you having to coordinate link/barrier/cds on the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    from the quote above i must also highlight:

If you have to stack up then -
    What we noticed here was, DONT use any cooldowns. Only pop absrobs. No damage reducation. It seems (just a guess from what i noticed at our 30 wipes) that if someone takes damage reducation the damage will just go to someone else whos stacking with him.
    on our first kill, we figured it ourselves (the hard way, lol), after a fair few wipes and just 'trying' stacks with/without immunities to see how the damage changed.. so yeah, if ur gonna stack make sure someone in the stack doesnt pop an immunity coz the others there will likely just get nuked with the damage he would have been splitting, splitting between them.

but anyway, for sure make people who can soak it, soak it.. in my 25man since our first kill (and works fine every time now), turns out that just by default there is so many people who can solo soak that we just have it setup that 3 of the 4 corners are only people who can solo soak (just communicate -fast- if one of them gets it twice so then they can stack/spread) and the 4th corner is people who have no immunity + a few others just to spread the damage fully.

as for adds, the people/corner spawning them needs a slap if they're spawning.. they can only spawn in 2 ways - chain lightning (which to be fair, if it hits 1 person in a corner, then you'll get 1 'little' add, cant avoid it but easy to kill and any1 can tank it really) or not soaking the blue.. puddles (bouncing bolt) = big add = deaths inc most of the time, so dont miss the puddles!

(you could survive a big add if a puddle was missed, but only if a tank was in that corner to keep agro of it, imo. they can easily kill any other random healer/dps)

there should be no reason why the corners with the immunities ever miss soaking a bouncing bolt puddle though - they should always be spread out anyway, with the exception of overcharge, which you still wanna be stacking for to avoid the stun from it really.. stunned = could miss the soaking of the bouncing bolt puddles.. depending on the timing.

timing is a big thing here though really, coz even if you have a setup like ours where we only have 1 corner that needs to stack/spread during the encounter - sometimes the abilities come together on a -really- tight timer, so you really have to have a caller in that corner who can keep a close eye on the timers to call stacks and spreads fast and in time.. sometimes the bouncing bolts spawn on the floor and someone will get static shock at the same time, and its a close call if you need to stack first then spread or absorb the bolts then stack jsut in time to split the damage.. you learn it over time, there will always be close calls like that so you can get used to it.

(you wanna have people in the corner what is supercharged (the one u dont go back to) first be an 'immunity' group for 2nd transition - they can then spread between the remaining 2 other 'immunity' groups and hopefully you'll still have 2 of the 3 corners in the 2nd transition who can solo soak and generally ignore stacking)

but ye, after the first transition you might need other corners to stack/spread on the 2nd transition depending who has or hasnt used their immunity, so make sure you've still got someone on the mic in each corner who can co-ordinate it, if someones immunity is on cd then ur gonna need to stack and be ready to spread again to avoid adds.

if people do die in 2nd transition for some reason though (thinking they could soak and couldnt or somethign) you can normally still get a kill (assuming you've still got a min of 20 people alive).. if you get to p3 with both tanks alive and at least 4 healers, then you'll probs kill it, p3 is simple

hope any of that helped
    Last edited by monkfish; 2013-04-15 at 11:50 AM.
    Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Just wait for Tirion Fordring to come back from ICC singing "I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one".
    Armoury

Deleted
    If you have a paladin tank, they can take a quadrant on their own, allowing you pool 24 people into the other 3 quadrants. That way, if people can't solo soak then you have a shit ton of people to soak with.
    As for the solo tankadin, all he'll have to contend with are the bouncing bolts since he's a tank. Even if RNG dictates a million bolts in that one zone, I've tanked a few of these bolt adds myself (Paladin tank) with small CDs and self heals with no worries.

Deleted
    these are our best attempts:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3713&e=4327
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8937&e=9533
    For tonight we will be having most likely the next composition:
    2 warr tanks
    2 disc priests, 2 restoshams, holypally and a druid
    1 feral, 2 rogues, 2 dks, 2 mages, 1 ww monk, 1 sp, 1 retri, 2 warrs, 3 hunters, 1 enhasham, 2 locks.
    At least so far as signs show, we seem to have quite a few static soloers. How should we split it on 1st trans. and should we go Diff. Chain first or Static Shock?

10+ Year Old Account
    we always supercharge diff chain first, and static shock 2nd..

you can easily 5 heal it btw, assuming ur healers are not terrible.. there shouldnt really be a large amount of healing to do, some spikey aoe healing with the ball lightning after the first transition, but people should be far away from thunderstruck to barely take any damage and if everyone stacks for overcharge and static shock between transitions, there isnt much healing. in the transitions 1 healer can easily solo heal each 'corner' .. could probably be 4 healed with some beast healers, we normally use 5, but we've done p3 with only 3 coz of deaths.. by that point its pretty easy though to be fair. looks as though you have 11 people who can easily solo soak, shame no boomkin - they can get cloak from a rogue with symbiosis iirc.. but even the holy pally can solo soak, so he can heal a group with solo soakers.

our last kill we had 1 resto shammy (who healed the group who stacks coz no immunities), a monk, 2 holy pallys and a holy priest. im pretty sure the pallys and monk took a corner each and the priest was also with the shaman in the non-solo group corner. dunno about wars, but someone said above that they can solo with all cd's - so that could take ur total to 13 solo soakers, 15 with the tanks too, unless i miss-counted.

i assume you have no other healers to pick from (for now), certainly another pally and/or a monk would make life easier, since they can also soak alone and should be able to heal a corner alone too, coz ideally you dont want any1 in a corner who doesnt have an ability to solo soak, coz then you can pretty much jsut ignore them corners and leave everyone to solosoak each one.. if not you'll at least have to stack and spread on the healer in each corner, since only ur pally can immune soak stuff, i think.

im also pretty sure we have 6 solo soakers in each corner then all the rest in the non-immune corner so help with spreading the damage thinly as possible.. im pretty sure the minimum you want is 6 though, for bouncing bolt if nothin else..

.. how close are you to a kill in those logs? at 10:14 and 9:55 they seem REALLY long, surely ur already into p3? .. would have thought it would be fairly plain sailing from there..
    i mean, as i said - you can certainly 5 heal it if you have the players/singups/viable dps offspecs, that would help you out too in the bigger picture, though the transitions are mostly down to everyone being able to have some decent kind of individual ability to 'get things right' ..
    Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.
    Just wait for Tirion Fordring to come back from ICC singing "I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one".
    Armoury

Deleted
    our monk healer can only join us sundays so thats not too good.
    Those logs are from 5-7% wipes with some of the dps dead and the tank dying mid-phase 3 and well, we had our feral to go bear to try to get the debuffs but that didnt work out too well. CR:s had been used on some dps/healers earlier on the fight.

There's a lot of great info in this thread, thanks guys

What we've been doing (and killing) it doing, has been essentially designating one quadrant that is only home to solo soakers... and on 25m, the number of people who can solo soak goes down dramatically. 10m is far more lenient in this regard because of how much less total damage static shock does.

In 25m, really the safe soakers are pretty much hunters with deterrence, resto druids symbio'd to have deterrence, paladins with bubble, mages with ice block, and priests with dispersion, as well as rogues with cloak. Warlocks can also quite safely soak during the first transition. Don't really recommend doing it with classes that have to blow every single one of their defensives just to barely live, much better to immune it. During the second transition, we simply put the hunters (we have 3) and a resto druid on one quadrant (so there's 4 on one of the quadrants, enough to keep the overcharges split, then split the remainder of the raid up on the remaining two quadrants. It's been working like a charm.

The quadrants that are not being solo soaked pretty much follow a set pattern of spread-collapse-spread-collapse.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by Herecius; 2013-04-15 at 04:29 PM.

Deleted
    aaand its down! thanks all for the tips here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    aaand its down! thanks all for the tips here.
    gz!

/10 chars etc
    Armoury

Any reason why sometimes Static Shock doesn't split damage (10man) in transition phases?
    Sometimes it just 1-shots our Shaman, other times it splits damage fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    someone he is stackign with using immunities?

as was said earlier in the thread if people stack for it - DO NOT USE IMMUNITIES, they cause the damage that said person would have taken to be split among the others, usually killing them.

to be fair, i only raid 25man, i dunno how many people you need to stack with in 10man to get it to split enough to not kill anyone, but i assume its 2.. so make sure people dont immune it if they stack together, of they're gonna kill the other person in the stack..
    Armoury