Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    1) I agree with you on this point
    2) Agree on this one also
    3) I have to disagree strongly with this point. LFR does not teach you how to raid, whatsoever
    I raid normals and heroics. Not even close to world 100 (hmm.. I'll just go check WP now - there it is, somewhere in top 4000). And I think that LFR is very good place to practice fight for anyone who not seen it in less stressful situation than real raid. Yes, if you're consistently raiding you're most likely already know it from real raid, but it is perfect place for people catching up to practice.

Deleted
    I wouldn't say I hate it, that's too strong a word.

1. I quickly tire of it (as in getting bored)
    2. I feel no connection to anyone else in there (I can be 'happy' someone else got an upgrade in an organized raid even if it wasn't me because our team just got stronger for next reset)
    3. It is basically a solo activity masked as group activity (the other 24 random strangers might as well be NPCs for all I care - manually formed LFR groups aside but those are a minority)

It is indeed good for going in and practicing 'some' mechanics in a low risk and even lower accountability environment so I don't have to make mistakes (and possibly wipe since mistakes cost more) my normal+ raids to learn.

Deleted
    Who is this everyone? From personal experience it's the antisocial basement dwelling "hardcores" that have the biggest issue with LFR, most sociable and normal people enjoy LFR for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue The Shaman View Post
    Everyone seems to hate LFR. Yet everyone does it... If it's that bad don't do it. I think LFR is good for players who...
    1) dont have time to do the content with a guild/PuG
    2) want to experience the content in an easier quicker fashion
    3) need to learn how to raid
    I do LFR and don't have any problems with it.
    The one and only reason why I did LFR was because I needed the gear so I could join a guild for normal and heroic raiding. It is the fastest and simplest way to gear up, there is no reason other than you hating it to skip it. And that made me hate it even more.
    You can tell me to not do it but I needed to do it to get what I wanted.

If LFR is good for those players, which I agree with, then LFR shouldn't need to drop such good gear as it does now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    LFR does not teach you how to raid, whatsoever
    Actually it does.

Aside from teaching the very basics, it's a brilliant platform for players to learn fights. I didn't touch a single normal raid last tier, only raided exclusively through LFR. When my guild asked me to tag along for a full clear of T14, I didn't need a single fight explained to me, because I learnt them from running LFR.

Morons will always be morons, but players with half a brain can easily pick up the concepts from LFR.

I do not hate LFR, so perhaps go back and confirm your sources that everyone hates it...

Deleted
    People dislike it because you basicaly Derp thru it like a headless chicken. The very 1st boss 'Jin'Rokh' is a perfect example:
    Normal
    Focused lighting hits a player standing in a pool. Wipes raid.

LFR
    Player stands where ever the hell he likes, boss falls over. minor casualties. Loot.

It does not teach people how to raid.
    OP's statement covers the majority of why people do LFR
    want to experience the content in an easier quicker fashion
    dont have time to do the content with a guild/PuG
    The only viable reason i can add to those 2 are: -It is a brilliant way to test out a new spec, in mycase i play a Dest Lock, i can try out affliction or demo in a Raid-like enviroment.

It belittles and makes a mockery of something that many people put many years of investment into, raiding.

Perhaps you can sympathise with that view point?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

LFR means no more dungeons for one.

Deleted
    Sometimes I just don't like it when:

I explained Durumu really friendly. One people even whispered me, that she was really thankful and survived the first time with my help. Then two idiots from the same guild for sure with mediocre DPS insulted me for being bad and whatever....leading every fight with a pretty decent equipped hunter.

I love LFR, best parts for me are the scrubs that leave after 1 wipe, always good to have a laugh on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems that about half agree with my statement and half don't.

I suppose I should have stated it as it can help you prepare you for raids, but for most it's just a stand in stuff and try to get free loot affair. My apologies for not being more clear with my original post.

It's typically the casual raiders who hate LFR because they raid for prestige and vanity; they want people to think they are awesome and skilled and hates ANYTHING that might cause their imagined "status" to be devalued. Hardcore raiders for the most part don't seem to care about LFR because they know it wasn't intended for them and just blaze through Normals to get to Heroic mode. Downing Heroic bosses is the reward for them, the epics are just the cherry on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    It belittles and makes a mockery of something that many people put many years of investment into, playing a game.

Perhaps you can sympathise with that view point?
    There, fixed that for you, playing a game (Even if you're really REALLY good at it) isn't something where being "Belittled and made a mockery of" is something you should be overly concerned about, save that for work that changes something out in the actual real world...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    LFR doesn't teach you how to raid. Why not? Because a PvE environment where you don't die if you AFK during a boss fight isn't teaching anyone anything.
    Jin'rokh, Horridon, Council, Megeara, Ji-Kun, Durumu, Dark Animus are all fights where if you AFK you die, you not noticing that already? Next time you do LFR, assuming you actually do it, see who dies then check your meter, usually zero activity from the ones that died.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I cannot think of a single encounter where everyone does better just by ignoring all the mechanics altogether.
    Primordius normal (and heroic untill last week).

Deleted
    I don't hate LFR, I hate the fact that they won't add new dungeons because now ''LFR is THE catch up mechanism''.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Only the vocal minority hates LFR.
    You would be incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Who is this everyone? From personal experience it's the antisocial basement dwelling "hardcores" that have the biggest issue with LFR, most sociable and normal people enjoy LFR for what it is.
    Negative, I have issues with how it's not a bonus for people who may not get to see content and has become the way gear alts/new/returning players as well as practically mandatory for casual raiders.

As with most of the content in this x-pack, they may not hold a gun to your head and say you need to do certain content, but if you don't you fall behind. It hits the middle road people the most, those who are challenged by normal mode raiding and need any advantage they can get.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    LFR is just fine. The fact that so many people are lazy and idiots and causing negativity in general is what I think is making people dislike/hate it. They just hate the players, not the game.
    i have to agree. people constantly swearing at others, the obligatory 'FFS' & lets not forget gogogogogo!!
    it's the latter that really winds me up. if you havnt got time to do LFR without trying to rush everyone else, kindly leave & join at a time when you have.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    There, fixed that for you, playing a game (Even if you're really REALLY good at it) isn't something where being "Belittled and made a mockery of" is something you should be overly concerned about, save that for work that changes something out in the actual real world...
    This isn't just a game for many people though, it's a hobby and a choice in lifestyle - so your fix doesn't really work, I'm afraid.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh