Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    They basically turned a pretty good sized area into a police state for a day and violated the rights of everyone in the area in the pursuit of a single suspect. It just seems like the envelope is being pushed here.
    This isn't some gangbanger who is killing other dirtbags and probably couldn't care less about Joe Schmo the Plumber...this is a person who has made it very clear that they are intentionally in the business of killing and maiming civilians.

People were justifiably worried that this person posed a serious threat to their own safety and while having your house searched is certainly stressful, it beats walking out on your lawn and finding an improvised explosive sitting there with your name on it.

I get the "police state" angle, but based upon the spontaneous reaction Law Enforcement received in Watertown after the capture, I'm going to hazard a guess and say that they were pretty understanding of what happened at their own expense.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-04-20 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shennanigans View Post
    Won't happen and I'm 100% sure of that.
    I admire your optimism. lol
    I think the opposite.

Here's a professional info.....
    http://immigration.lawyers.com/citiz...tizenship.html
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Sure let him free.....drop him off in downtown boston with nothing but the clothes on his back and let the public know when and where its happening.
    If they set him free he'd end up in Witness Protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If they set him free he'd end up in Witness Protection.
    Why hes not a witness.

Im just saying, if hes set free on a technicallity...fine. Drop him off somewhere he may not like. Like downtown ghetto area of Boston, or the middle of the nevada desert.

Deleted
    For those who may find this interesting, this the twitter page of the bomber who's currently alive.

https://twitter.com/J_tsar

It's a bit... I suppose unnerving is the word, from reading that he didn't seem like a deranged lunatic, or sociopath, simply a normal teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The problem is, real Muslims don't consider Islamic fundamentalists Muslims any more than real Christians consider Christian extremists Christians. Just a page or so ago, someone dismissed the ricin mailer as "Not a Christian extremist, just a nutjob off his meds," yet when the Muslim community presents the idea that Islamic fundamentalists are simply nutjobs who grew up in a culture that practiced Islam, it's ridiculous. Nutjobs are nutjobs, their particular flavor is just cultural. And right now, in this time in history, most of the wars and strife in the world take place in cultures that practice Islam. Believe me, there were lots of violent Buddhists around during Vietnam.
    Right on the money. we frequently hear the noise of how all Muslims are bad and should be deported. Just remember the frontpage "news" from NYPOST this week and you can see how some groups really like to stereotype certain groups. regardless if it was based on facts or not ( which it wasnt since they where wrong on pretty much everything they reported)

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when does UN regulations overrule Our own laws?
    Wasn't me who said that revoking citizenship could/would be an issue in regards of UN regulations if the suspect becomes stateless.
    Besides I am not sure if that would be the case.
    I know that it is part of the USA's naturalization requirements to have only US citizenship. But then, that doesn't really concern Russia, his country of birth.
    They can declare him a Russian citizen as they please, rightfully so even.

Quote Originally Posted by Shennanigans View Post
    Won't happen and I'm 100% sure of that.
    I am pretty much 100% sure he will forfeit his US citizenship when all is said and done. since the immigration laws have those provisions in them for naturalized citizens

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Right on the money. we frequently hear the noise of how all Muslims are bad and should be deported. Just remember the frontpage "news" from NYPOST this week and you can see how some groups really like to stereotype certain groups. regardless if it was based on facts or not ( which it wasnt since they where wrong on pretty much everything they reported)
    I don't think we need to deport all muslims.

I beleve we need to deport any immigrant/legal resident/ naturalized citizen who commits violent crimes while here.

I also believe that we need to be more discriminating with who we are letting in. I think we should eliminate immigration from any country who sponsers/finances/supports terrorism.

No school

No tourism

No nothing.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Wasn't me who said that revoking citizenship could/would be an issue in regards of UN regulations if the suspect becomes stateless.
    Besides I am not sure if that would be the case.
    I know that it is part of the USA's naturalization requirements to have only US citizenship. But then, that doesn't really concern Russia, his country of birth.
    They can declare him a Russian citizen as they please, rightfully so even.
    My bad than wildtree.

I know i usually don't agree with ya, but we may be seeing a little closer on this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say we stand up for our principles, give this asshole his trial, and then throw him in jail and forget about him.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Just in-case anyone missed it (It was at the bottom of the last page admittedly) the currently-alive bomber's twitter: https://twitter.com/J_tsar

Point in case, this quote in particular from him: https://twitter.com/J_tsar/status/323950071777472514

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure that as a white guy if I was walking through downtown Boston in a bad neighboorhood things may happen to me which I would not like. Why not him?
    Because both are illegal? Why, are you into entrapment? Or would you look the other way and break the law? You don't want to be a criminal I assume.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Just in-case anyone missed it (It was at the bottom of the last page admittedly) the currently-alive bomber's twitter: https://twitter.com/J_tsar

Point in case, this quote in particular from him: https://twitter.com/J_tsar/status/323950071777472514
    Oh boy, he likes AGoT . . . in before "A Game of Thrones makes you violent! BAN ALL THE TV VIOLENCES!"
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Because both are illegal? Why, are you into entrapment? Or would you look the other way and break the law? You don't want to be a criminal I assume.
    I'm about as far from being a criminal as you can get...unless your a extreme leftist, than you might have a problem with what i do for a living.

Anyway, nope just saying if he got off on a technicality......why not let him free somewhere that may be hazardous to his health.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we need to deport all muslims.

I beleve we need to deport any immigrant/legal resident/ naturalized citizen who commits violent crimes while here.

I also believe that we need to be more discriminating with who we are letting in. I think we should eliminate immigration from any country who sponsers/finances/supports terrorism.

No school

No tourism

No nothing.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 03:34 PM ----------

My bad than wildtree.

I know i usually don't agree with ya, but we may be seeing a little closer on this issue.
    lol it's okay....
    As for the handling of immigrants. Your requests here are actually pretty well in the works.
    At least the criminal portion.. We residents or any other legal immigrant have to pass background checks. And the INS is a touchy bunch.
    While some things take time to complete, one better makes sure not to fall into the radar of even rather trivial things like forgetting a drivers license and such.
    A simple traffic issue can be the immigrants downfall in regard of his/her current or future immigration status.
    A clean record is really a must have. I hope that pleases you to hear. But my lawyer was in my ears with such stuff times and again. lol

As for the discriminatory part...
    The problem at hand is the same for the USA as it is for Europe's countries.
    The people you'd like to restrict from entering are usually here as refugees. Just like our two bombers in this case, they enter the country on the refugee program.
    And this is where it gets tricky. Whom to grant asylum and whom not to grant asylum..
    Our countries just take the risk for the benefit of the thousands rescued that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm about as far from being a criminal as you can get...unless your a extreme leftist, than you might have a problem with what i do for a living.

Anyway, nope just saying if he got off on a technicality......why not let him free somewhere that may be hazardous to his health.
    So entrapment then. You want to get him killed. Don't see why you're tip toeing around that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why hes not a witness.

Im just saying, if hes set free on a technicallity...fine. Drop him off somewhere he may not like. Like downtown ghetto area of Boston, or the middle of the nevada desert.
    Boston doesn't have any Ghettos. No seriously.

Not saying Boston is populated by clean freaks but Boston's version of The 'Hood (which would be more appropriate to use to describe Boston's inner city) can be compared to its "Rich Neighbor" equivelant of Beverly Hills (in this case Hyde Park) where the Mayor lives. NO ONE'S afraid of the 'Hood.

The Waterfont at night's a different story. If you wanted him to disappear in Boston, drop him off at the waterfront after dark. The scary-ass thing is there doesn't even need to be any people nearby to fuck with him. Literally people just disappear from time to time and in his case I doubt the Coast Guard would bother combing the water for his corpse, or what's left of it.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    I am pretty much 100% sure he will forfeit his US citizenship when all is said and done. since the immigration laws have those provisions in them for naturalized citizens
    I was referring to the point that US immigration won't revoke his citizenship. If he chooses to, so what he is spending the rest of his life in cell in orange jamies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Oh boy, he likes AGoT . . . in before "A Game of Thrones makes you violent! BAN ALL THE TV VIOLENCES!"
    And he likes Whitesnake.

Was always one of my favs from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read more...
    Read what you wrote yourself to begin with!

He is a naturalized citizen. The status can be taken away at any given time when applicable circumstances (severe disregard or breach of the laws) are given. That is given, and they can take the citizenship from him. But that would technically make him a Russian again. Which enables Russia to lay it's protecting hand over him. And since Russians and Americans are still happy to piss at each others leg, where ever they can, I wouldn't rule that out. I rather suspect him to get trialed as an American. After the verdict they likely open another trial at the immigration courts, and the citizenship gets revoked there and then.
    Sure, he can lose his citizenship after a trial. That's been my point all along. You implied above that it can be "taken away" before trial. The law you're quoting agrees with me that losing your citizenship requires a trial.

(7) committing any act of treason against, or attempting by
    force to overthrow, or bearing arms against, the United States,
    violating or conspiring to violate any of the provisions of section
    2383 of title 18, or willfully performing any act in violation of
    section 2385 of title 18
    , or violating section 2384 of title 18 by
    engaging in a conspiracy to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by
    force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against
    them, if and when he is convicted thereof by a court martial or by a
    court of competent jurisdiction.
    (I snipped Section 2384 Title 18, since it has no bearing on the loss of citizenship.)

If you agree that, while the suspect can lose his citizenship if found guilty, he cannot lose it without a trial, then we're just arguing past each other and can stop throwing law quotes back and forth.