Poll: Which faction deserves to kill Garrosh more?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think both ally and horde will work together on that boss fight for lore reason, for example your guild lets say is Horde, you and your guildies will fight Garrosh along side 10/25 alliance NPCs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewslee View Post
    I think both ally and horde will work together on that boss fight for lore reason, for example your guild lets say is Horde, you and your guildies will fight Garrosh along side 10/25 alliance NPCs.
    Or more likely the KB will go to Vol'Jin while Alliance plays the tagalong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Alliance deserve the kill more.

I think Horde doing it would be better for the story.

I suspect the final blow will come from Vol'jin, Varian or Jaina, with an outside chance of Wrathion, as a neutral party who is interested in the future of the Horde.
    Varian????? That would probably be the biggest kill-steal in the history of Azeroth...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Which is why they deserve this!

Theramore was actually in lore an Alliance capital. And I still see Hordies whining about Taurajo, and that was 3 huts! Garrosh did more problems for the Alliance then the Horde. Why? Because the Horde supported him until he turned against him, so they contributed to his current doings with resources and manpower. And having him corrupted and cleansed would be a horrible story, it would be a cliche and just saying "oh, but he was just corrupted lol".

And the Alliance deserves it especially because their leaders weren't given shit. We were given shit, while your leaders got all (bar Sylvannas and Gallywix, which haven't appeared yet) while ours only Varian got something and it's still not for the greater conflict.
    i just wish blizz would fix the alliance leaders so they'd do something.. most of them just sit in their cities and are worthless.. the only one thats active tends to be Varian.

Garrosh is still active in the icc raid which is kinda funny.. since if he gets killed in 5.3 it'll be odd.. but thats in the past so w/e

honestly i dont mind if they destroyed some crappy horde cities.. orgrimmar is kinda eh.. Silvermoon city would be awesome if it was the capital and u could fly there.. undercity is w/e.. just a silly maze.

Baine Bloodhoof should get the kill and avenge his father.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty simple really: If the alliance defeat the Horde outright, then they deserve the kill. If not then Horde deserve it.

The way I see things going, Garrosh will actually have the Alliance on the brink of defeat, and it will only be because of the Horde rebellion that the Alliance survives at all. Similarly, a Horde uprising would have no chance of success if Garrosh's primary efforts weren't focussed on destroying the Alliance.

Besides which, if there is to be any chance at a truce between the two factions - which has to happen unless one faction is wiped out (which cannot happen for gameplay reasons) - then it has to be Horde who deposes their corrupt leader. If the Alliance kill Garrosh it will merely perpetuate the cycle of reprisals between the two factions until one faction is utterly destroyed (as was hinted at in the final Isle of Thunder progression scenario).

I think it's quite likely that each faction will have a subtly different ending.

For Horde, it will the Horde team, with the help of the Alliance, who defeat Garrosh and then execute him.
    For Alliance, the Alliance team will defeat, but not kill Garrosh, instead opting to hand him over to the new Horde leadership to dispense punishment.

Horde, but Ally should get it in the end.
    This will keep the conflict between the two up and running.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Baine Bloodhoof should get the kill and avenge his father.
    I could accept that even as Alliance since his father stood up for Alliance-Horde cooperation when Garrosh had just started as a warchief. The other leaders of the Horde didn't really stand against him, they stood with him. Even Vol'jin stood with him and barely had some quarrel with him at start of Cataclysm but he still didn't raise a finger against Garrosh until Garrosh tried to kill him.

Cairne stood against Garrosh because he thought Garrosh killed the 5 tauren and 6 night elves just to interrupt the peace process and cover his tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Just like The Burning Crusade!
    Oh wait....
    You can't compare the game right now with what it was in Crusade. It has far more advanced story-telling now. Not with much quality, and still lots and lots of cheesy exposition, but more advanced nontheless.

What if they make Turalyon neutral? And before you say that is impossible, Khadgar was made neutral and he was a staunch supporter against the Horde. What's the difference? And next expansion hordies will say "but oh, we orcs suffered the most from the Legion, we should get the kill!" "but forsaken are as such because of the Legion, we suffered more!" "but blood elves lost 90% of their people because of the Legion, we need to win this!".
    They can make him neutral, but that doesn't mean they can't make him more partial to the Alliance. And again, don't put too much into comparisons with Crusade. The story-telling during that period of time for the game was not as good as it is now, neither as involved with the gameplay. And considering that Horde have been the protagonists in two expansions in a row, it should be time for some Alliance love. If the fans insist on it, I can't see how Metzen and Co. can say otherwise with a straight face, especially considering how well it would tie in with the theme of the Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    They can make him neutral, but that doesn't mean they can't make him more partial to the Alliance. And again, don't put too much into comparisons with Crusade. The story-telling during that period of time for the game was not as good as it is now, neither as involved with the gameplay. And considering that Horde have been the protagonists in two expansions in a row, it should be time for some Alliance love. If the fans insist on it, I can't see how Metzen and Co. can say otherwise with a straight face, especially considering how well it would tie in with the theme of the Legion.
    The storytelling during this period of the game is just as bad, don't kid yourself.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Personaly I think the Horde deserves this way more but I'm certain I'm being at least a little biased.

The bigger issue for me though is: No matter who lands the killing blow, how do we get the Alliance out of Orgrimmar again?

Deleted
    Though I respect people trying to find reason for the Alliance to claim the killing blow, you all know that 'Blizzorde' will give the majority of the focus to the Horde.

On a personal level, I believe both have right to want to murder Garrosh. Either way, we should do it with Gorehowl. That'd really grind his gears.

I hope Wrathion swoops in Kills Garrosh and becomes new warchief, just to add one hell of a twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The storytelling during this period of the game is just as bad, don't kid yourself.
    It is indeed. The quality is similarly mediocre-to-bad in most occasions. But far more advanced and unfolding in good relation with the gameplay, unlike vanilla and Crusade.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to buy my "Garrosh did nothing wrong" t-shirt.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    It is indeed. The quality is similarly mediocre-to-bad in most occasions. But far more advanced and unfolding in good relation with the gameplay, unlike vanilla and Crusade.
    Only because there is a lot more voice acting, and the improved technology has allowed for more visually in-depth storylines.

But yes, in terms of actual story the game continues to be garbage; I suspect Metzen and Co. did a lot of crack between WCIII and WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde.

It is Thrall's duty to land the killing blow having been the one to give Garrosh his power.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

I could accept that even as Alliance since his father stood up for Alliance-Horde cooperation when Garrosh had just started as a warchief. The other leaders of the Horde didn't really stand against him, they stood with him. Even Vol'jin stood with him and barely had some quarrel with him at start of Cataclysm but he still didn't raise a finger against Garrosh until Garrosh tried to kill him.

Cairne stood against Garrosh because he thought Garrosh killed the 5 tauren and 6 night elves just to interrupt the peace process and cover his tracks.
    Make a troll and play through the starting area. Vol'jin tells Garrosh how he is going to kill him. It was hardly "barely some quarrel" Vol'jin has hated Garrosh from the start and didn't think he should be Warchief.

Neither side 'deserves' it more. Both sides have multiple, compelling reasons for wanting to depose or eliminate him. Going beyond that, the various leaders involved here are still primarily after Garrosh for 'the greater good' of their own people (even if they do have personal reasons to oppose him as well); which means the specifics of who gets the final blow are really irrelevant.

The only side that 'deserves' anything in this conflict is Garrosh himself - and here's hoping he gets everything he deserves.