Poll: Which faction deserves to kill Garrosh more?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    While Garrosh is a threat to all he can still be considered more an internal problem of the Horde. Alliance getting the kill feels like they're crashing into Horde's birthday party and eating the cake right before our eyes.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

The Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Throughout Cataclysm and a good portion of MoP, Garrosh and his Horde has been shitting all over the Alliance. I think the Alliance deserves the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    horde

it's our problem
    Yep. Horde has problems. Boohoo. Why would alliance be interested in problems in Barrens?

Ofc, my pvp server has 1 to 10 alliance / horde ratio, so.. Your dog pooped, you pick it up.

Anduin with the help of wrathion will purge the sha influence from garrosh (similar to grom being freed from mannaroth's blood, like father like son as it were). He won't be killed. Seems to be building in that direction imo - wrathion is looking for a victor in the war, anduin is looking for an alternate solution as it were. And those 2 are spending some serious bromance time in that inn. Not to mention now that Jaina's gone a bit off the deep end (B*tches be crazy), alliance need a new version of green jesus to save the world for them and bring peace, ponies and rainbows to everyone.

Plus, the legendary quest has to end somewhere in SoO.
    Last edited by stuntz; 2013-04-16 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post

The Alliance has a longer history with him. Even in Wrath he was antagonizing us, though he hadn't done anything himself yet besides talk. Then comes Cata. Where he invades Ashenvale, intending to drive out the night elves. (More than once if the in game invasion and Wolfheart are supposed to be two distinct invasions.) He's mana bombed Theramore, tried to launch an assault on Stormwind (derailed by Vashj'ir) sent the Forsaken into Gilneas and tried to to take Darkshore through the Shatterspear Trolls.

But while the Alliance has had reason to kill him for longer, the Horde also have a number of reasons. He used the blood elves like canon fodder in 5.1, tried to have Vol'jin assassinated for not making monsters, tried to put the Darkspear under martial law, used the Kor'kron as secret police against his own citizens, and cheated the goblins out of some money.

So who do you think has more reason to hate him? The Alliance whom he has invaded on several fronts, or the Horde he has ruled like a tyrant from within?
    Firstly your premise is inaccurate, remember Burning Crusade? Right, it was before Wrath. MANY Horde wanted to gut Garrosh back then, so the horde has had a longer negative history than the alliance. But aside from that, I see the alliance point, he's been rough on them. However I have to go with Varok Saurfang, he started the Garrosh-rebellion at the beginning of Wrath.

The Horde, for sure. They've got a longer lost of grievances than the Alliance does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, both sides have a laundry list of grievances that give them legitimate reason to deserve the killing blow. Any statement as to who deserves it more will be its very definition be subjective opinion.

Objectively, I think it HAS to be the Horde who finally take him down. It seems to me the only way to keep the factions on a reasonably equal footing going forward. Unless of course we're going full-circle to the old-old story of the beaten and downtrodden Horde having to fight their way out from under Alliance control just to be allowed to help save the world when the Legion comes knocking again. Which is possible, I suppose.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus9001 View Post
    The Horde Rebellion is a sign that the division which Garrosh created amongst the Horde races is finally falling apart, and unifying the Horde (in a general sense) towards removing that idiot from power. Then again, I suppose that's why the thought of the Rebellion and the Horde getting the kill bothers you so much. You want to see the Horde remain divided, and use it to secure a killing blow by way of taking Orgrimmar. Boo hoo. Feel happy you're even getting to take a shot at Garrosh at all, given that (frankly) the Horde should have already manned-up and taken out Garrosh, and elected a new Warchief instead*
    Read my whole post. I clearly state I play horde, and my post history will validate this. You are flaming an imaginary version of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Horde. To set in stone that we did NOT want Garrosh as our leader if he went off the deep end like he has.
    Players may not have but the Horde itself did.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the killing blow will come from Varian in canon. It would be a good way to end the Garrosh/Varian rivalry and secure Varian as the High King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    I think the killing blow will come from Varian in canon. It would be a good way to end the Garrosh/Varian rivalry and secure Varian as the High King.
    I really doubt it. Its actually much more possible (given how cliche blizzard writing is) that with his newfound powers of evil garrosh will finally overcome varian and kill him while anduin is watching. That way that little brat will finally become leader of alliance and ultimate mary sue of azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine this will happen:

Having both the Horde and the Alliance surrounding him by different fronts, Garrosh barricades himself on the warchief tent for his last stand. The streets are filled with casualty from the 3 parties and structures are broken or burning. Garrosh's orcs try to push the Alliance forces out with no success, they are easily vanquished and slaughtered. On the other side, the same happens to those armed against the rightful Horde.

"Dis last step must be taken by the Horde itself mon, cutting the head of the monster" says Vol'Jin to the Alliance forces, who mount a barricade from their side. Inside the tent, Garrosh and his most trusted orcs fight the Horde soldiers trying to enter. As he sees his companions fall, he realises all hope is lost and runs to the back, shouting "This is my place, the Horde is mine!". Running to the warchief chair, he loses balance and falls on a brazier set up on the way. Amidst the smell of burning flesh and pointless movements, Garrosh yells his last words, indecifrable throught the flames.

Vol'Jin and Thrall catch up to the scene and fall silent at their vision. Thrall then moves closer to the brazier and says slowly "In the end it was you, in disguise, to remove the thorn from the Horde's side. Know that you're no longer Basic." - and turning to Vol'Jin and to the rest of the Horde soldiers that by that time were swarming the room he shouts "Glory to Warchief Campfire!"

The Horde would then know a new page of its history, one where everyone gets +4 spirit.

Yep... this is totally going to happen, an imp in a ball told me.
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2013-04-16 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    IDK, hard to say. Both deserve to get the killing blow, I would hope Varian would let Vol'jin out of respect and he become warchief then things going neutral and both fighting the legion because we all know that exp is coming next. (at least I hope so)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riak View Post
    Firstly your premise is inaccurate, remember Burning Crusade? Right, it was before Wrath. MANY Horde wanted to gut Garrosh back then, so the horde has had a longer negative history than the alliance. But aside from that, I see the alliance point, he's been rough on them. However I have to go with Varok Saurfang, he started the Garrosh-rebellion at the beginning of Wrath.
    What?! In Burning Crusade people were like "oh, is this Grom's son? he's kind of emo." but nobody cared about gutting him.
    Then in Wrath he became that super warrior, and people were confused about some of his tactics, loved what Saurfang said but that was larely it, Garrosh was more like the militaristic leader, and Saurfang was like the army therapist, who came and told you you're not as bad and gave you a cookie. But still Garrosh wasn't so bad. And what rebellion? Saurfang didn't start any rebellion in Wrath! He just told him to not repeat the actions of the Old Horde, it was more of a lesson being given by a veteran to a rookie, not a rebellion. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    The Horde, for sure. They've got a longer lost of grievances than the Alliance does.
    Ok, make the list of Horde grievances then and we'll compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Players may not have but the Horde itself did.
    Even some players did, I remember in Cataclysm how there were threads like "is Garrosh really so bad, look at all the great things he did for the Horde!"

The Alliance needs to have something to do in Siege of Orgrimmar besides watch.

The Horde already has plenty going on between reclaiming their city and their new Warchief's crowning.
    Last edited by Tyrathius; 2013-04-16 at 05:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    I imagine this will happen:

Having both the Horde and the Alliance surrounding him by different fronts, Garrosh barricades himself on the warchief tent for his last stand. The streets are filled with casualty from the 3 parties and structures are broken or burning. Garrosh's orcs try to push the Alliance forces out with no success, they are easily vanquished and slaughtered. On the other side, the same happens to those armed against the rightful Horde.

"Dis last step must be taken by the Horde itself mon, cutting the head of the monster" says Vol'Jin to the Alliance forces, who mount a barricade from their side. Inside the tent, Garrosh and his most trusted orcs fight the Horde soldiers trying to enter. As he sees his companions fall, he realises all hope is lost and runs to the back, shouting "This is my place, the Horde is mine!". Running to the warchief chair, he loses balance and falls on a brazier set up on the way. Amidst the smell of burning flesh and pointless movements, Garrosh yells his last words, indecifrable throught the flames.

Vol'Jin and Thrall catch up to the scene and fall silent at their vision. Thrall then moves closer to the brazier and says slowly "In the end it was you, in disguise, to remove the thorn from the Horde's side. Know that you're no longer Basic." - and turning to Vol'Jin and to the rest of the Horde soldiers that by that time were swarming the room he shouts "Glory to Warchief Campfire!"

The Horde would then know a new page of its history, one where everyone gets +4 spirit.

Yep... this is totally going to happen, an imp in a ball told me.
    I like this story. As Alliance I support the Warchief Campfire.

That said, this is a really good point, it would be best for both factions if Garrosh ends up killing himself somehow. That would give justice to both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Even some players did, I remember in Cataclysm how there were threads like "is Garrosh really so bad, look at all the great things he did for the Horde!"
    I should know, I was one of them . Then they kinda lost the plot with him a little along the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I was also one of them, Garrosh had a TON of story growth potential that they seemed to have flushed down the toilet to just recycle his dads story line over. He could have been amazing, but bit by bit they made him into more of a jerk that never learned anything from what Saurfang and Thrall tried to teach him and they pretty much dropped the ball.

and to be frank I honestly don't think the Alliance has anyone that can go toe to toe with a powered up Garrosh that's involved in this, maybe Jaina nuking him from a distance.. maybe.. but that's about it. I think the only person powerful enough to defeat Garrosh but would likely kill himself doing it as well is Thrall but I also don't see that happeng. So no I don't really think either side is going to get a solo killing shot on him, I think it'll be a combined effort fight and will most likely see Jaina, Varian, Saurfang, and Vol'jinn fighting him along side of us, and it will be a group effort to take him out.

The final blow after everyone has done equal share though in my mind should be Saurfang he warned him if he went this path he'd take his head. Even if it's in the form of a beaten Garrosh on his knees and Saurfang takes it executioner style. While Varian, Vol'jin, and Jaina look on nodding to Saurfang to do it.
    Last edited by Ironscroll; 2013-04-16 at 05:54 PM.

Well I also think that both factions have plenty of reasons to kill Garrosh, and many of them got listed there.
    Personally I think it's far more evil to be tyrant to your own faction than to enemy, so I guess Horde has slightly bigger claim here.

I also think it would be interesting turn if Garrosh would commit suicide - that would be interesting twist, and left both Horde and Alliancece astonished, and it would cease for some time the discussions about who deserved it more.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria