So I heard you like Vanilla reminiscing...

I've been playing this game since Classic and I have a lot of fond memories in addition to a few negative ones. It's funny reading the "Vanilla was so awesome" threads because it will always spur the rose tinted lens vs. golden age arguments.

I was sent this blog by a friend of mine and truly enjoyed reading it. It reads like an autobiography and is perhaps one of the most unbiased recollections of what it was like playing in Vanilla/TBC/WoTLK. If you want to relive the "old days" or just want an insight of what it was like playing WoW in it's infancy, this is a great read. You get a sense of the epicness that PvE was back then AND all the headaches that we faced.

Enjoy!

this is really entertaining!! the nostalgia almost makes my belly hurt

"Dammit, who specced into Deep Wounds?"

It was totally me. That essentially wraps up my Classic WoW experience.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

Deleted
    I remember my first epic adventure to Blackfathom Deeps. It was the first journey I took in the game. I had to check maps on how to get there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember the first time going to MC and Onyxia in the same day. I was terrified I wouldn't be able to heal our MT during both raids. Such fun and exciting times.

Vanilla was really fun at times and really horrendous at others. I don't agree with those who look back on it with 100% fondness. I had just as many frustrating and annoying moments as I did enjoyable and great ones, very much like things are now.

fun stuff, there are definitely things I miss, other things, such as flight I could not do without

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    this is really entertaining!! the nostalgia almost makes my belly hurt
    No it doesn't. Admit it.