Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only useful addons are safequeue and if you do rbgs, bgtargets

Quote Originally Posted by Dylis View Post
    As a healer Vuhdo is a must, trust me you will wonder how you lived wthout it!!!
    It's not, it's just unnecessary bloat

10+ Year Old Account
    Most add ons are basically a crutch for people who have tunnel vision issues. Everything needs to be in the center for these people.

My advice would be to ignore them completely. Curse is malware software that will corrupt your computer.

Get spy, gladiatorlossa, healers have to die, interrupt bar, smarttargeting and reforgelite

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    The only useful addons are safequeue and if you do rbgs, bgtargets

It's not, it's just unnecessary bloat

i find these to be the least important of my pvp addons. i am perfectly capable of playing without all of these and regularly forget to re enable bgtargets after doing pve.

omnicc, dominos and quartz are all much more essential

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Most add ons are basically a crutch for people who have tunnel vision issues. Everything needs to be in the center for these people.

My advice would be to ignore them completely. Curse is malware software that will corrupt your computer.

all my cooldowns are actually at the left side of my screen

people's eyes track differently, sometimes putting information on the left is more efficient than putting it at the center. they also allow you to hide ability bloat. i certainly don't need to see shadow bolt on my bars given that it will always be available to use as long as i have mana.

i don't think any of us here are tourny caliber players, none of us will ever need to worry about learning how to play without add ons, and for most of us, addons will help us greatly improve our play, help us learn good visual habits and allow us to display information in ways that are ideal for us rather then some random game designer.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Is there a nice add-on to show enemy unit frames in BGs to make target selecting easier?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owain glyndwr View Post
    Is there a nice add-on to show enemy unit frames in BGs to make target selecting easier?
    "Battleground targets", its fantastic

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/battlegroundtargets
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    thank you just what I was looking for.

Deleted
    Class Portaits - /run UFP = "UnitFramePortrait_Update"; UICC = "Interface\\Glues\\CharacterCreate\\UI-CharacterCreate-Classes"; CIT = CLASS_ICON_TCOORDS

Then run /run hooksecurefunc(UFP,function(self) if self.portrait then local t = CIT[select(2,UnitClass(self.unit))] if t then self.portrait:SetTexture(UICC) self.portrait:SetTexCoord(unpack(t)) end end end)

Gladius if you need bigger arena frames

Safe queue so you don't leave queue by mistake

Interrupt bar to show cd's

sArena
    Interrupt Bar

consider deleting as many other addons as possible.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

I found Platebuffs along with Kui Nameplates (a lot lighter than TidyPlates) to be quite beneficial for me. Platebuffs is mostly to track enemy buffs and your dots on them

I personally use :

Bartender |-| For better bars
    SuF |-| For better frames
    Weak Auras |-| To track my procs
    sArena |-| enemy frames, tracking PvP trinket
    Buffplates |-| tracking dots, enemy buffs (above their nameplate
    Kui Namplates |-| Enemy nameplates
    Battle ground targets |-| for rated bgs
    Castbars |-| Adjustable castbar for me,target focus target
    Omni CC |-| cooldowns on my bars (can work with other addons too)

As i said the best things that changed my life were Kui along with Platebuffs (easy to track enemy buffs)
    Castbars ( big ass focus enemy castbar )
    SuF (shadow unit frames)
    And most of all bartender. Extra bars and easily customizable key bindings made my life easy .As a lock I struggled with bar space, and everything was a mess before getting bartender
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-04-28 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gladius - better arena frames
    Quartz - better cast bars
    BGTargets - easier target switching in BGs
    Tidy Plates - better nameplates
    Safequeue - prevents accidental leaving of any PvP queue
    Interrupt tracker - there are many different ones that do it, just need to see nearby enemy interrupts as a caster
    Arenaspy - checks friends, guildies, and previously seen players on your server to see (sometimes) who you're facing in advance (optional, not required)

Edit: Would like to add that you should NEVER use a clicking addon like Healbot if you're serious about getting good. Keybind EVERY single thing you could conceivably need in combat, no exceptions. Once you adapt to playing with binds you'll have a significant reaction time advantage over every clicker. The difference is on par with keyboard vs mouse turning.
    Last edited by Kalas; 2013-04-28 at 04:06 AM.