Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    but if you're going for a tournament, You're not able to have any addons, do You?
    And this was the point of salty, mostly.

Anyways, look at the top players, they are mostly using WoW default UI.
    because they don't want to get used to playing with addons because it might effect their tourney play where they can't use addons.

this number of these players is so infinitesimal that they are not a very good sample to go by. a tourney capable player is miles above even most multiglad players.

for the vast majority of us, from random bg heros to players consistently capable of 2.4k addons are a significant quality of life boost and can often improve the quality of our play.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

I'd say try out all the addons mentioned here and then ditch the ones that don't make a huge difference. The less addons the better imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Sebsmash View Post
    currently running no addons but im getting serious and need some good recommendations please. I play a healer if that helps.
    As a healer Vuhdo is a must, trust me you will wonder how you lived wthout it!!!

Deleted
    Personally I never use addons but, I would recommend new players to arena to use them but slowly ween themselves off them as addons really decrease a players awareness in arena and they also interfere with positioning. Gladiatorlossa is a good addon but once you learn to play without it you realize quickly you don't need it. That's just my opinion having played with a lot of different players and high and low rating as your awareness and knowledge of arena and your synergy as a team you'll find that you don't need addons plus addons can cramp your screen which reduces your frame of view and the bigger your frame of view the more you'll be able to see. That's just my opinion though.

I see that you play a healer. I used to heal in raids before I pvped and for me the hardest thing was getting used to not using clique and mouseover macros to heal in PVP. If you are using addons like vuhdo, grid, clique, etc to mouseover heal I suggest binding target party 1,2,3 and healing with key clicks instead of mouse clicks. It is very strange at first and you will definitely take a while to adjust to targeting instead of mouse hovering but it makes you a lot better.

Deleted
    tidyplates
    healers have to die
    battleground targets

makes life alot easier in pvp

Deleted
    Interruptbar
    BattlegroundTargets

Really don't need more than that, not being depented on addons is great. I have only used the two addons the last two years and I cant see myself going back to using a messy ui. The default have everything you need.
    Since I stopped using gladius I've become much more aware or what's going on instead of; "according to this addon this guy used this ability."

, I better do this to counter him."

15+ Year Old Account
    Get icycle.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm one of those players that likes to play without addons, my partners do use addons though so it's no biggy.
    From what I hear from other people, I'd say Gladius and Gladiatorlossa are the recommended addons for novice and even more advanced players.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I'm one of those players that likes to play without addons, my partners do use addons though so it's no biggy.
    From what I hear from other people, I'd say Gladius and Gladiatorlossa are the recommended addons for novice and even more advanced players.

Can anyone recommend an addon for clearly displaying crucial spells to steal? I've got gladiatorlossa set up and everything which is great, but I'd like something that will show a big icon on someone if they've got something on them I need to get off ASAP. Any advice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I'm fairly sure weak auras would work for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Power auras for target and focus can do that.
    I've always seen people using power auras, but never have myself. I'll try it out. Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of steal-able spells I can configure in?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chestbrah View Post
    I've always seen people using power auras, but never have myself. I'll try it out. Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of steal-able spells I can configure in?
    Use WeakAuras over Power Auras, I used to advocate power auras (since like TBC), but weak auras is actually the stronger project now - odd as that seems, since originally it was a PowerAuras Light version
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Use WeakAuras over Power Auras, I used to advocate power auras (since like TBC), but weak auras is actually the stronger project now - odd as that seems, since originally it was a PowerAuras Light version
    I think the original power auras went out of date or something so I just switched to weak auras, same thing.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

You can move the wow interface around, its just better to run without addons imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    You can move the wow interface around, its just better to run without addons imo.
    Really no, the difference between playing with addons and without addons is really noticeable. Have any player that uses addons play without addons and you'll see a drop of a few hundredth points in rating.
    It takes 1000s of games of practice to be able to manually keep track of all cooldowns and everything else that's going on instead of having an addon do it for you, it has to become a second nature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashface View Post
    AVOID GladiatorLosSA! Just get used playing without it, its much better
    This guy for president !

/facepalm

Don't listen to all these people saying you have to use addons to be good, they couldn't be more wrong. Play with whatever is most comfortable for you. If you're used to default and you like it just stick with it, it tells you everything you need to know.

Personally, I use Miks, omniCC, and safeque.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    Don't listen to all these people saying you have to use addons to be good, they couldn't be more wrong. Play with whatever is most comfortable for you. If you're used to default and you like it just stick with it, it tells you everything you need to know.

Personally, I use Miks, omniCC, and safeque.
    Default shows way to little, without the use of a bunch of scripts, it's kinda garbage. For low rated you can play perfectly without anything, but once you're at a higher rating, you really need either addons to keep track of everything, a bunch of scripts, or a really good feeling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mylex View Post
    This guy for president !

/facepalm
    Explain your obviously thoughtful comment