Deleted

[Feral] Somewhat low dps

Hello guys!
    Im asking for some help in a issue, my girlfriend is feral, and although she reads a lot and plays skillfull, her dps seems low for her current gear and her raid spot is threaten, witch pisses her off.

sadly I dont know that much of feral, since I pay resto druid, so im asking you feral experts if you can just give a look at her and check out what she can do to improve

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Erissi/simple

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u5vgrtlifs2fben1/

Much apreciated!

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 05:43 PM ----------

bump!
    please help!
    Last edited by mmocef0e19adf8; 2013-04-17 at 04:41 PM. Reason: error on making a "bump"

To start off she may need to read this because it's not something a non-feral can reall explain all too well.

I assume you are referring to Megaera, because her dps on Horridon/Tortos seems about on par, especially since shes not padding meters on bats like the 2dps ahead of her are. As far as Megaera goes, its a relatively stupid fight for feral when you have to Ramp-up all of the time on each head, she may need to prep for it a bit better by pooling energy, which is something a lot of ferals have issue with. Also, I see a total of 84 rake casts on the first attempt and over 100 on the second, that is way too high, meaning she is clipping rake dots constantly, the same goes for rip casts, unless she is putting up a new rake/rip with dream of cenarius and possibly trinket procs, she should only be recasting rake/rip with 3 seconds of less left, this will allow her to cast a lot more shreds/improve thrash uptime as well.

As a final note, i see her using Dream of Cenarius, if she isn't using it to buff rake-rip it really isn't worth it. Since i raid lead and can't pay attention to the mechanic as much as i would like (and i've been playing feral since mid-bc so my comfort level with feral is about as good as it gets) I prefer taking HoTW and my healers know that they have a VERY powerful tranquility avaliable, and we bake it into healing CD rotations.

Deleted
    Hey

Just from looking at her logs, theres some room for improvement on RIP uptimes, also although it may not be viable and helpful to a raid if she wants numbers on mageara tell her to symbiosis a warlock and lol riprake a spare head. Otherwise, really mageara is about keeping as much uptime as you can, making sure that you get good usage out of FB and Redirect (rogue symbiosis)

Deleted
    thanks a lot to the inputs! you guys pointed some good issues that I will surely discuss with her.

when she was worse than currently I licked logs day and night in order to try to understand how can she get better, and we pointed the uptimes.

she now works harder on keeping SR/Rip/Rake up all times and it has resulted in better dps!

Now she is lacking behind again and she pointed out that might be her gear ( and lack of a decent weapon, since weapon dps is the biggest improve there is according to her) and the unreliability of procs (like that TF bad juju she's got).

I have brought the subject (after another all-nigher researching into feral) of energy pooling... yet I dont fully understand the benefits of doing it (i know its good and all but...) to you good fellow catty druids I ask, what is the benefits of energy pooling instead of using it as it becomes available and how can a cat keep Savage Rorar/Rip/rake/thrash Up on 95%+ and weave some Ferocious bite around if you should point for mastery and then crit instead of haste?

Another subject is mastery vs crit balance...
    she complains that she has no burst with SotF+DoC, yet she feels that "there's noting to do" if she goes incarnation+NV because its pew pew pew with zerk+incarnation+NV, use TF after going out of energy, pew pew some more and then its 3 minutes of drooling on the keyboard.

she likes SotF+DoC so much because the "rotation" is steady, streamlined and quoting her: "its the best there is in terms of dps, so I want to stick with it!"
    Additionally, since DoC is used to buff rip/rake (witch she does) and normally you end up with more DoC buffs than necessary for refreshing rip/rake what it should be used to buff? shreds?
    there's also the 1min CD NS+HT, what is the best thing to do with it?
    Lastly, how big improve is the FF' Weakened armor? is it really that big that should be applied all the time? ( i know you probably going to answer YES!, still... we are talking about what? 2% or 10% increase?)

Thanks a lot my fellow druids! thanks a lot for the answers!

Kliker

Deleted
    hotw is a very good talent, and the use can help, doc can be better if well played, but it can be a dps loss too, take care

Savage roar ... good uptime but it should be better (near 100% ). I'm not sure but she use A LOT (too much) savage roar, i hope it's not only with 0-1 combo point as it seems, 25 energy each time for a really short SR ... On tortos, she casted 22SR for a 5"25 fight with only 93% uptime... ~14sec each SR. On megaera, she used SR 31 and 38 times for a ~8min fight, 91 and 95% uptime respectively (around 13s each SR), comparatively i used yesterday SR 16 times for a ~7"35 megaerahc fight with 99.6% uptime. Glyph should just help to get first SR before pull, and sometimes when needed during fight if it fall off, but NOT all the time
    With a longer savage roar, it'll be easiest to build 5combo points and rip, or ferocious bite (don't forget to FB when target has less than 25% life, even with only 1cp to refresh rip)
    AND NEVER put a 5cp rip WITHOUT savage roar up (it happen once on horridon fight, perhaps on other fight i haven't check all in detail) !, use these cp for a longer savage roar, and build again ...
    oh ... and NEVER put a rip with less than 5 cp (or only if u have to leave this target) ... a 3cp rip execute range on horridon hurt a lot ... (miss click ? rip with only 3cp instead of a FB to refresh a better rip ?)

Megaera: i saw only 2 berserk, for a 8min fight .... it's possible she kept this timer for last head, but i hope she won't forget the 3rd

(sorry for my english, i hope it's understandable)

Deleted
    Ok, so answering by myself now :P
    i wasn't refering only in Maegera, Durumu (if I need to go to the red adds), and iron qon no (clue why) are a nightmare to me... i just don't have logs to show you guys. Now in terms of rakes, honestly I hadn't noticed the amount on Maegera but i suspect that it was in the rampage phase that i was spamming it... Going to figure that out next time i do it...On the matter of thrash, i usually just use it when i have the proc of Clearcasting or in case of Horridon and Council I force use it after TF so i can have some multi target dot. The DoC buff i use it to buff rake and rip and when i don't use it on those i just use it on shred.
    The damage on the spare head to me seems just to manipulate the logs and the numbers since it doesn't give any real bebefit to the raid, just improves meters... not really what i want/need :P
    The 2 berserks where to only to coordinate with the timing on Heroism because usually its given at 50% of the ice head so i couldn't use 3 berserks or i wouldn't have it for the phase were Hero was given, yeah i feel that i'm using SR with lower combo points too much, but my problem is, is it better to let rip fall than to refresh SR on 0 combo points?
    Thanks a lot for the help its keeping me sane for a few more moments :P
    Erissi
    Last edited by mmoc99559eb2cf; 2013-04-18 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogancevalk View Post
    Hey

Just from looking at her logs, theres some room for improvement on RIP uptimes, also although it may not be viable and helpful to a raid if she wants numbers on mageara tell her to symbiosis a warlock and lol riprake a spare head. Otherwise, really mageara is about keeping as much uptime as you can, making sure that you get good usage out of FB and Redirect (rogue symbiosis)
    Rip uptimes on WoL are currently to be taken with a grain of salt...

E.g.: during the second try on Megaera (fight length 8:35 min) the summary shows an uptime of 51.2%. But she had a total of 215 Rip ticks (141 normal and 74 critical). so the total Rip uptime in seconds is actually 430 (and not the displayed 264s). So the relative uptime is 430/515 = 83.5%. Due to the small breaks within this fight there's not much room for an improvement.

I find Magaera to be a pretty good fight for Feral. I would recommend using HOTW over DOC to begin with, as it is hard to master and can be a dps loss unless played well.

Do not worry about rip uptime on that fight, as there is so much downtime with heads down. But I would recommend trying to always keep the thrash dot up, and maybe using mangle as your CP generator.

I can not post links, but Materium of Last Chapter on Zuluhed if you want to see my logs.

Also, there is usually always a benefit to energy pooling when needed. As sometimes it is better to have the energy saved for refreshing dots when they are falling off around the same time and/or refreshing SR. As long as your not capped, if its being pooled or using ASAP it is all being converted to dmg at some point anyway. So might as pool if beneficial.
    Last edited by materium; 2013-04-18 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    Thing is, DoC is currently the talent that has better dps, harder to master? yes... but if its better i'll go there... i don't really like easy routes i like the better routes even if its harder to accomplish :P i want to do it the better way even if it takes "loosing time" checking logs and asking for help aswell :P anyway thanks for your input...
    Erissi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erissi View Post
    Thing is, DoC is currently the talent that has better dps, harder to master? yes... but if its better i'll go there... i don't really like easy routes i like the better routes even if its harder to accomplish :P i want to do it the better way even if it takes "loosing time" checking logs and asking for help aswell :P anyway thanks for your input...
    Erissi
    Problem is, and this applies to a lot of the earlier fights in ToT, target switching is a bit thing, and this is where DoC fails. Getting a DoC rip/rake on multiple targets is next to impossible. Even myself, sometimes swap to HotW for fights were I need to cleave things down. Fights like Primordius are a good fight where DoC is a clear winner, especially if you get the big mastery buff. A big part of dps is learning which talents are best for which fight. Using HotW on a fight like Jin'rohk will surely be a dps loss, but if you are assigned to a platform on Ji-kun, HotW might be a better option as I found I could use HotW hurricane on 2 platforms and almost solo them, which means the other dps could just stay up and dps the boss.

To cut a long story short, if there is more then 2 mobs up at any one time, better to probably use HotW until you have the fight plastered into your memory and you are 100% sure you can keep a full DoC rip/rake up on a target.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-04-18 at 03:40 PM.

Deleted
    but for instance oh Horridon is it really better to use HotW? i'm not really having problems on that one. I don't really mind to switch talents and reforges to specific fights... that's not even an issue. On the Ji-kun fight if i'm on the platforms and i get the food buff which i usually get eggs/birds are no problem at all. My main concern was on the fights that have 2 boss targets on diferent times like maegera (the diferent heads)or iron qon (the diferent mounts) in these fights i shouldn't have a problem and i think i have... probably its the cliping and too much SR as was stated already... need to see that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erissi View Post
    but for instance oh Horridon is it really better to use HotW? i'm not really having problems on that one. I don't really mind to switch talents and reforges to specific fights... that's not even an issue. On the Ji-kun fight if i'm on the platforms and i get the food buff which i usually get eggs/birds are no problem at all. My main concern was on the fights that have 2 boss targets on diferent times like maegera (the diferent heads)or iron qon (the diferent mounts) in these fights i shouldn't have a problem and i think i have... probably its the cliping and too much SR as was stated already... need to see that...
    It honestly depends on what you are assigned to do. If your other dps can cleave adds really well and you are assigned to tunnel boss, DoC will be better, but if your other dps are struggling with adds, and you are asked to help on them, HotW will most likely provide a better overall dps. This is mainly dependent, a fight like Horridon is hard to give a clear winner because both have ups and downs. I mainly use DoC because I can keep a rip/rake doc ticking on boss, help with adds and reapply when boss is moving from door to door, but again getting it right takes time, and during learning phase of any fight, I would highly recommend HotW.

Deleted
    On Horridon i usualy just nuke the boss betwin doors and in the final part of the fight on the rest of the fight i'm on the adds. The adds go down easily and when they are close to each other I trash them i don't really bother putting rip on those. Thing is, in the learning phase of any new fight i like to see when i'm doing what and if i'm switching back and forward with the talents and with what I need to do i feel that i'm always on the learning phase of the fight :P

Deleted
    Download Ovale Spell Priority and Neriens Ovale Script. Chose Leafkillers druid script. Do what it says. This is pretty much perfect dps rotation for single target fights. Now, if you think this is cheating or boring or maybe that i thinders your awareness then just use it as a practice tools on dummies.