Best horde race for resto shaman

Good evening,

I am joining a horde guild tomorrow from alliance and having played only ever played ally, could you please let me know which horde race is the best for resto shaman in the terms of racials.

Just by looking at them im feeling troll due to the Beserking CD and that haste gain could be really handy during touch healing spots. But then again im not ruling out the 1% haste gain from goblins as over a long fight this could add up to be very beneficial along with their rocket jump which could be useful, or is this like normal jumping mechanics whereby if i was going to jump out of a landing fire patch, the game still thinks i am on that spot i have just jumped from and i still get hit?

Taurens are out of the question and i presume the double food buff for pandas is not as beneficial as the above along with the spell power gain from orcs.

If anyone could add their suggestions i would be most grateful.

Many thanks,

Phinxx

Here's my advice as someone who has spent a small fortune race changing my characters. Go with what you think looks the coolest. Racials, at least in PVE, are so insignificant to a normal, average raider that it's just not worth consideration. I went goblin on a few classes when Cata came out and no matter how awesome their racials are, I just couldn't get past the horrible looks.

If you're in a very, super high end raiding guild and looks don't matter to you at all, not even a little bit, then goblin is probably the best option. Berserking is as you assumed correctly, the 2nd best choice.

Orc is a legitimate contender if you want to consider an enhancement OS.

To me, Tauren or Orc for looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going Resto main and Elemental offspec...
    PVE: Goblin or Troll
    PVP: Goblin or Tauren

I'd personally say Goblin in PVP for the Rocket Jump, maybe the odd use of Rocket Barrage, and the haste boost. The Tauren mention is based strictly on War Stomp. PVE I suppose could swing either as Goblin or Troll.

If you're going Resto main and Enhancement offspec, especially if you're pondering PVP as Enhance:
    PVE: Orc (Hardiness)
    PVP: Orc (the above + Blood Fury and Axe Specialization)

#FlightIsImportant

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    Here's my advice as someone who has spent a small fortune race changing my characters. Go with what you think looks the coolest. Racials, at least in PVE, are so insignificant to a normal, average raider that it's just not worth consideration.
    I could not agree more, remember you are going to be spending a hell of a lot of time looking at this shaman, make sure you like what you see.

I would say a pandaren is the best race. Its the only race that gives a flat boost to either int or spirit with the double food buff. Sure the extra haste from other races might help in a tight spot but pandarens give the most bonus throughout the entire fight

As others have said, I would always go with whatever race I find looks the coolest. Going with an ugly race would just make me spend as little time as possible on it except raids

Thanks for the replies, I am aware about playing a race I enjoy visually etc and I won't be in a top end raiding guild, however I do like to min/max and I was unsure if there was a horde race that really excelled in the terms of awesome racials.

I will probably go troll, and I forgot to mention its purely for pve purposes. Would the troll racial give me an extra tick on healing tide totem if used together for example??

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinxx View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I am aware about playing a race I enjoy visually etc and I won't be in a top end raiding guild, however I do like to min/max and I was unsure if there was a horde race that really excelled in the terms of awesome racials.

I will probably go troll, and I forgot to mention its purely for pve purposes. Would the troll racial give me an extra tick on healing tide totem if used together for example??
    Yes you will get an extra tick for HTT (HTT breakpoints are exactly 20% each, so 20 40 60 80 and so on, afaik). You can use it with Ascendance, too. I have Berserking macroed to both of them. Whichever I use first will have that extra 20% haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Oh that's really awesome about the extra healing tide tick, I still have a lot of research and stuff to do about all the different breakpoints etc. Does this mean riptide will get an extra tick too, so for example any riptides I cast during the beserking racial will have 1 extra tick compared to those cast with out it, or does it just extend any current riptides I already have up for that extra tick?

It doesn't extend your riptides.

To OP: Pandaren and Troll are the best. Time zerking to Ascendance/HTT as they have the same cd. On the other hand +300 int/spirit is never bad in a raid environment

Ok thank you. I will definitely be choosing troll later.

Thanks for all the help

Deleted
    Here's my advice as someone who has spent a small fortune race changing my characters. Go with what you think looks the coolest. Racials, at least in PVE, are so insignificant to a normal, average raider that it's just not worth consideration. I went goblin on a few classes when Cata came out and no matter how awesome their racials are, I just couldn't get past the horrible looks.

If you're in a very, super high end raiding guild and looks don't matter to you at all, not even a little bit, then goblin is probably the best option. Berserking is as you assumed correctly, the 2nd best choice.

listen to this man

the dps increase for your average raider from racials is pretty minimal.

troll racial is probably the best, but i would chose orc for looks and the orc racial is pretty good to, so theres a bonus!

For me it's Troll, Orc and Pandaren. But i'd move closer to Troll and Pandaren.

And ever since I rolled Troll guy for Shaman in TBC, and I got used to him, I don't feel like rerolling. I think this race fits greatly this class. And as a resto It was always a brillinat choice. (They have the most awesome totmes imo).

Pandaren have a great racials for both PVE and PVP.

I don't see how having a Tauren would benefit PVE stuff specially as restoration.

But it's your char and the most important is to feel good what you play. Personally I cannot stand spacegoats as shamans, they're so out of place. xD
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Lol female spacegoat is my current shaman, awesome melee animation (I've played as enhance mostly)! I have l have checked the troll/panda/Orc/goblin animations already so I know I am happy with the animations and looks etc.

I do have an 85 Tauren priest from cata so I know how awesome gear looks on them, I'm just not really a fan of the casting animations.

Btw I'm defo rolling troll now and you can't change my mind.

/thread

Seconding the first paragraph here. I dropped 100 bucks on changing then rechanging my main's race. Went goblin twice, ended up hating it both times and returned to my original orc self.

OP's choice of troll is solid. If I had to play a race other than orc, troll would be it.