Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Because the Alliance wouldn't accept them post-death, and generally hates them in return. You're talking as if the Alliance likes the Forsaken.
    Thats not really how I remember Warcraft 3.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Understandable reaction. Visually they look no different from the Scourge that just ravaged their land
    Understandable, but it also bred understandable hatred, specifically because of the actions of the Scarlet Crusades conquest against them.

  3. #243
    I wouldnt trust a bunch of evil zombies either.

  4. #244
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    8,528
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    That's what I believe too. So, what stops BOTH from living there? Does human peasant villages routinely attack Forsaken or what? Why every Forsaken fan is so bent on "it is ours alone"?.
    why would humans want to share with the nasty undead?
    why would the undead want to share with the bastard humans?

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 04:48 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    Understandable, but it also bred understandable hatred, specifically because of the actions of the Scarlet Crusades conquest against them.
    Good thing to remember
    The Scarlet Crusade may not be in the Alliance, but they are humans and renemants of Lorderon which was part of the Alliance
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  5. #245
    You make up more stuff. Which human king may that be?

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    going to skip 11 pages and assume someone else said this, but repeat it anyway.

    the human king (hint: alliance was human kingdoms and dwarves) murdered every forsaken when they were human. i think it is a good enough reason.
    This is also not how I remember Warcraft 3.

  7. #247
    To be betrayed and slaughtered by your prince, brought back to endure horrific torment as an undead and used to attack those you once care about, then finally freed to only be hunted down and killed off by the living... Yup, can't see why they're so pissy at all...
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

  8. #248
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,260
    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    You make up more stuff. Which human king may that be?
    I suppose he could be referring to Arthas.
    What I don't get is why his betrayal would be something they would associate with the Alliance given how his actions has nothing to do with them as he was already a Death Knight of the Scourge.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    To be betrayed and slaughtered by your prince, brought back to endure horrific torment as an undead and used to attack those you once care about, then finally freed to only be hunted down and killed off by the living... Yup, can't see why they're so pissy at all...
    In reality, humans were being slaughtered left and right by the undead, and the banshee queen and her forsaken were no different. I don't remember any undead trying to go back to being "human" or asking for forgiveness or waiving white flags or anything like that.

  10. #250
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    To be betrayed and slaughtered by your prince, brought back to endure horrific torment as an undead and used to attack those you once care about, [Insert new text here] then finally freed to only be hunted down and killed off by the living... Yup, can't see why they're so pissy at all...
    You forgot to add in between *after they were freed allied with their former kinsman and then betrayed and slaughtered them all. Then they were hunted down by the Scarlet Crusade.

  11. #251
    The Insane Aquamonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Universe
    Posts
    18,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    In reality, humans were being slaughtered left and right by the undead, and the banshee queen and her forsaken were no different. I don't remember any undead trying to go back to being "human" or asking for forgiveness or waiving white flags or anything like that.
    "When I clawed my way out of the grave, I thought my family would welcome me with open arms. Instead, they drove me out of the village, screaming in a language I could no longer understand."

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 10:36 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    You forgot to add in between *after they were freed allied with their former kinsman and then betrayed and slaughtered them all. Then they were hunted down by the Scarlet Crusade.
    You forgot to add, *after they were freed, they rescued their former kinsman only to be met with hostility and suspicion. Then they betrayed and slaughtered them all. Then they were hunted down by the Scarlet Crusade. Then their territory was invaded by the Alliance.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

    RPG is non-canon by default. (MickyNeilson)

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    "When I clawed my way out of the grave, I thought my family would welcome me with open arms. Instead, they drove me out of the village, screaming in a language I could no longer understand."
    That's actually quite depressing.

  13. #253
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    You forgot to add, *after they were freed, they rescued their former kinsman only to be met with hostility and suspicion. Then they betrayed and slaughtered them all. Then they were hunted down by the Scarlet Crusade.
    Wow!
    They were treated with suspicion? Now I understand why they slaughtered them all! Seriously though they were treated with suspicion because they were at war with the Scourge. It is perfectly understandable to be suspicious.

    If being treated "suspiciously" warrants a desire to back stab their living kinsman and slaughter them all then no wonder other races have such a hard time liking them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Then their territory was invaded by the Alliance.
    Which invasion are speaking of? The one in Wrath? They earned that one and no not because of Putress's rogue actions.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-04-20 at 05:48 PM.

  14. #254
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Stowmind Keep and Ogrimmar
    Posts
    362
    There's this thing called the Horde, and The Forsaken happen to be in the Horde.

    But seriously, when the humans got turned into the undead or "forsaken" they were driven out, neglected, and treated as monsters by their once former friends and family (their former race, humans). Ever since then they have had a hatred for humans, and systematically, The Alliance.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

    Praise The Sun!

  15. #255
    The Insane Aquamonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Universe
    Posts
    18,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Wow!
    They were treated with suspicion? Now I understand why they slaughtered them all! Seriously though they were treated with suspicion because they were at war with the Scourge. It is perfectly understandable to be suspicious.

    Seriously if being treated "suspiciously" warrants a desire to back stab their living kinsman and slaughter them all then no wonder other races have such a hard time liking them.
    I didn't say it was a good reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Which invasion are speaking of? The one in Wrath? They earned that one and no not because of Putress's rogue actions.
    Hillsbrad and Alterac areas.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

    RPG is non-canon by default. (MickyNeilson)

  16. #256
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I didn't say it was a good reason.
    Fair enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hillsbrad and Alterac areas.
    Wait how did they invade Hillsbrad? Southshore was there since before the Second War and for whatever reason remained unscathed during the Third War. The Forsaken then returned to Tarren Mill and started waging war on Southshore who hardly retaliated as if you recall there were next to none if any at all quests in Southshore that had you attack the Forsaken and instead focused on the Murlocs and Naga meanwhile Varimathras ordered Soutshore be "purged" of Humans.

    So no, the aggressor in Hillsbrad is without any doubt the Forsaken. They went back to their land and then started attacking the Humans who had been living in Soutshore since before the Second War.

    Alterac? That didn't belong to them. In fact if you recall the Forsaken around there were attacking a Dalaran camp who were not being aggressive to the Forsaken.

    There has to be something I've missed because I fail to see how the Humans invaded Forsaken territory in the two examples you've given.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-04-20 at 06:05 PM.

  17. #257
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    8,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    To be betrayed and slaughtered by your prince, brought back to endure horrific torment as an undead and used to attack those you once care about, then finally freed to only be hunted down and killed off by the living... Yup, can't see why they're so pissy at all...
    just gotta walk it off son...and keep your chin eye, assuming undead still have attached chins

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 06:20 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    They earned that one and no not because of Putress's rogue actions.
    It dsnt matter if Humans think they deserve it or not
    It only matters to the Forsaken

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 06:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nearmyth View Post
    But seriously, when the humans got turned into the undead or "forsaken" they were driven out, neglected, and treated as monsters by their once former friends and family (their former race, humans). Ever since then they have had a hatred for humans, and systematically, The Alliance.
    Old Hatrds dont die easily....kinda a common theme in Warcraft Saga
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  18. #258
    The Insane Aquamonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Universe
    Posts
    18,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Wait how did they invade Hillsbrad? Southshore was there since before the Second War and for whatever reason remained unscathed during the Third War. The Forsaken then returned to Tarren Mill and started waging war on Southshore who hardly retaliated as if you recall there were next to none if any at all quests in Southshore that had you attack the Forsaken and instead focused on the Murlocs and Naga meanwhile Varimathras ordered Soutshore be "purged" of Humans.

    So no, the aggressor in Hillsbrad is without any doubt the Forsaken. They went back to their land and then started attacking the Humans who had been living in Soutshore since before the Second War.

    Alterac? That didn't belong to them. In fact if you recall the Forsaken around there were attacking a Dalaran camp who were not being aggressive to the Forsaken.

    There has to be something I've missed because I fail to see how the Humans invaded Forsaken territory in the two examples you've given.
    Not humans. The Alliance. Specifically, the Grand Alliance centered around Stormwind. They have no legitimate claims to any of the Lordaeron, Alterac, or Arathi territories and are foreign invaders.

    While some of the satellite areas around the old Lordaeron kingdom are technically up for grabs, the Alliance is antagonizing the Forsaken by taking aggressive actions so close to their territory. Just like how the US didn't take too kindly to the USSR putting nukes in Cuba.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-04-20 at 06:35 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

    RPG is non-canon by default. (MickyNeilson)

  19. #259
    Their aggressive actions must be just existing, staying at their homes then.

  20. #260
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Not humans. The Alliance. Specifically, the Grand Alliance centered around Stormwind. They have no legitimate claims to any of the Lordaeron, Alterac, or Arathi territories and are foreign invaders.
    Nobody has any inherent right to Alterac, that is a pointless discussion.
    Arathi? Holy moley how can they not have a claim to the land when they have the Stromgarde Humans. What right do the Forsaken have to the land then?
    Lordaeron? Well the Alliance do have a few Lordaeron refugees here and there and especially would after TBC where many Lordaeron foot soldiers would've been. They have no where near as many people compared to the Forsaken I will grant you, but they still have a right. OR as Kosak summed up - https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/298167592093364224

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    While some of the satellite areas around the old Lordaeron kingdom are technically up for grabs, the Alliance is antagonizing the Forsaken by taking aggressive actions so close to their territory. Just like how the US didn't take too kindly to the USSR putting nukes in Cuba.
    Where is this happening?
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-04-20 at 07:21 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •