Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Definitly worth beacon swapping with your fols and dls on primordius hc, it's arguably the best fight for it. You will throw alot of divine and flash of lights on this fight, because the burst tanks and raid members take is insane.

And no, never HR when you're spread out. It's just a waste of mana unless you can utilize most of it.
    I'd say otherwise for primordius; 60-70% of our healing is on the tanks anyway in 10m, the raid is sorted with the odd EF/HS/HR/Prism. fol's/dl's are almost exclusively on the tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hycaria View Post
    I glyphed the beacon because we are now trying Primordius HC, and thought I might swap it on the Pathogen, as it will probably require DL or even FoL, and I don't want to waste so much HP. But I wasn't raiding yesterday so couldn't try this ... Anyone has an opinion on this maybe ?
    In 25m, the pathogen does not really need extremely, extremely heavy healing so I don't swap Beacon. Also at least in 25m the tank damage is ridiculous on Primordius, it's actually a fight where I would not recommend swapping Beacon on all (huge on the "tank stability" thing I mentioned). HR is actually more usable on Primordius, it's almost the only thing I cast on 25m and I'd imagine it is actually usable on 10m (melee group mainly) because as mentioned... literally everyone is taking damage so on the targets it hits, it will not be overheal.

I'm not sure how bad Pathogen is on 10m with less healers, but I do know that on Council I will typically Beacon the Frostbite target (solo-soak method).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    In 25m, the pathogen does not really need extremely, extremely heavy healing so I don't swap Beacon. Also at least in 25m the tank damage is ridiculous on Primordius, it's actually a fight where I would not recommend swapping Beacon on all (huge on the "tank stability" thing I mentioned). HR is actually more usable on Primordius, it's almost the only thing I cast on 25m and I'd imagine it is actually usable on 10m (melee group mainly) because as mentioned... literally everyone is taking damage so on the targets it hits, it will not be overheal.

I'm not sure how bad Pathogen is on 10m with less healers, but I do know that on Council I will typically Beacon the Frostbite target (solo-soak method).
    According to wowd b.com /sp ells/ 136228-volatile-pathogen it's the same damage.
    How do you manage it then oggy ?
    The tank damage is also pretty high, at least from what I saw on my guild's stream.
    On HR on Primoridus, the raid seemed a bit spread, but in a messy way, so we'll see !

On council I keep tanks beaconed. We have a weird 5-casters-soak method anyway and as I said, I'm now doing mostly tank healing, so my fellows can focus on the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hycaria View Post
    According to wowd b.com /sp ells/ 136228-volatile-pathogen it's the same damage.
    But you have less healers.

Deleted
    But you have less healers.
    Yup, that's why it needs heavy healing

Deleted
    So I tried T15 4 piece this week on Ra-den (our second kill) while I used T14 4 piece on our first kill. I honestly expected T15 4 piece to be really good as the tank is almost getting 1 shot every time Ra-den hits him.

T14 4 piece:

T15 4 piece:

As you can see the stats from T15 improved my healing a shit ton, not to mention I died right before we transistioned into the last phase this week so I started phase 2 on 40% mana with pot and DP on cd. But as you can see from the two screenshots my beacon healing was 7.4% on first kill and 7.5% on second kill.

If the 4 set is not good on Ra-den its not going to be good on a single boss in 25 man, it might be worth it in 10 man if you are 2 healing some fights but otherwise I just cant see any use for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    I honestly expected T15 4 piece to be really good as the tank is almost getting 1 shot every time Ra-den hits him.
    Well thats not the scenario where it's the more interesting, i guess. You don't stack mastery through Beacon, and with ponctual heavy damage you'll have to heal it directly anyway (beacon still divides your healing by a shit ton while transferring it). It's more inbetween those big hits that it's supposed to help imo. Therefore I absolutely agree that 4p is more interesting in 10 man.

Still amazing to see how much stats increased your healing !
    Last edited by mmoc18206e4a1f; 2013-05-20 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    If the 4 set is not good on Ra-den its not going to be good on a single boss in 25 man, it might be worth it in 10 man if you are 2 healing some fights but otherwise I just cant see any use for it.
    What % overheal on Beacon; also, how was 2pc? (% on daybreak/overheal on daybreak)

Mainly interested because more than once I've considered dumping 4-set for 541, also sure others have thought the same.

Actually, it looks like it really only increased your AOE heals. Your EF healing remained basically the same.

Deleted
    What % overheal on Beacon; also, how was 2pc? (% on daybreak/overheal on daybreak)

Mainly interested because more than once I've considered dumping 4-set for 541, also sure others have thought the same.
    Beacon did the exact same amount of overhealing (presumably because of more HS so slightly more healing transfered to beacon), 62.1% overheal on first kill and 62.4% overheal on second kill.

T14: Daybreak 1594825 healing done, 4.5% of healing, 803 hits, 32.3% overheal
    T15: Daybreak 1666647 healing done, 4.6% of healing, 603 hits, 26.0% overheal

Do note that the second kill (T15) was 10-15 seconds faster.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    Actually, it looks like it really only increased your AOE heals. Your EF healing remained basically the same.
    As expected, with T14 you use more HS so you gain more holy power from HS while with T15 you spam more HR so you gain more holy power from HR. The holy power generation is still slightly worse with T15 but its not that bad. As I said earlier I also died with T15 so the healing should have been higher.

Hmm. I think the best gear can possibly be 541 offsets, not sure if the Daybreak changes will make a difference but either way I will probably run 2pc for now. Not sure about 4pc.

[edit]

Assuming you use Lei Shen for the offset, double upped 541 Animus Legs and Durumu Gloves gives 244 int, 321 spirit, 1205 mastery over double upped 535 Tier which will give 1242 haste... seems like 2pc is the way to go?
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-05-20 at 04:03 PM.

You're going to get more mileage out of your beacon in 10 man so the 4 set will be a better performed in 10s. The 2 set is obviously better for 25s.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going 2p with offset pieces more likely than not.

What is everyone's opinion of the ra-den legs vs the animus legs (thunderforged of course)? I've only played around with comparing the two a little. I think in reality it will come down to preference, but I still wanted to see what others' thoughts were.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    What is everyone's opinion of the ra-den legs vs the animus legs (thunderforged of course)? I've only played around with comparing the two a little. I think in reality it will come down to preference, but I still wanted to see what others' thoughts were.
    Did a quick comparison and I think HTF Animus comes ahead of Ra-den. Of course, at this point I'm really just using what I pick up, but there probably won't be much loot competition by the time we're getting Ra-den kills.

DA legs > Ra-den. I'm using T15 2pc and the HTF Jin'rokh chest which is really good too. I have no intention of going to 4pc at this point although I'll probably pick it up during farm in anticipation of next tier's progression.

Hoping for a good farm week so I have pieces to upgrade before Lei Shen. Even though I'm the only pally my drops have been pretty sparse.

4p T15 is proving itself worthy, at least on LS H...
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilesmagno View Post
    What are you seeing that makes it seem better than off pieces?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquilesmagno View Post
    Kidding or? The 4p set bonus is horrible and to get it you need to invest into legs and gloves(or chest) which are the worst itemized items for us.
    If you would go raid 2 days, one day with the set bonus and one day without it, you would not be able to tell the difference at the end of both days.

The core of the issue is tank self healing, specially prot paladins and blood dks. Those classes self assure about 40-75% of their healing needs(depending on vengence ofc). The only issue is spike damage, and the odds that the paladin 4p will ensure a tank's survival there are astronomical. Its a 50% buff to Beacon healing having a Prot Warrior/Bear instead of a Prot Paladin, who needs a 4p.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Kidding or? The 4p set bonus is horrible and to get it you need to invest into legs and gloves(or chest) which are the worst itemized items for us.
    If you would go raid 2 days, one day with the set bonus and one day without it, you would not be able to tell the difference at the end of both days.

The core of the issue is tank self healing, specially prot paladins and blood dks. Those classes self assure about 40-75% of their healing needs(depending on vengence ofc). The only issue is spike damage, and the odds that the paladin 4p will ensure a tank's survival there are astronomical. Its a 50% buff to Beacon healing having a Prot Warrior/Bear instead of a Prot Paladin, who needs a 4p.
    That didn't make sense.

Also its not as cut and dry as "yes this bonus sucks", because it depends entirely on your group comp and progression

Am I still the only person that actually just (unthinkably) puts Beacon on a tank?
    I just leave it on the tank for stability and insurance against healers spacing out in heroic 25s. Really the only time I specifically beacon swap is Horridon 2nd door with the charge debuffs. Beacon swapping has never really appealed to me. Working on H DA now.