H-Tortos question

Hey there,

My guild is starting on heroic tortos this week and im wondering how the crystal shield buff works with being disc? Ive seen alot of disc priests go holy for this based upon better aoe and GS for bats tank. Does attonement not work with putting more healing into the crystal shield buff? Should i remain disc and spam poh or go holy for this fight?

Also, would it be better to two heal it? On normal we 2 heal it but unsure for heroic. FYI - other healers are rdruid an hpal.

Thanks

Deleted
    I'm not a disc priest but we did have one on our kill and it went fine I think it prefers to drain the priest shield before the dmg drains the crystal shell so it shouldnt really matter

We 3 healed it with dpriest rdruid and a hpal so its the same set up as you got

It will use the absorbs from DA/SS/PWS before the crystal shell, but disc is kind of annoying in this fight depending on how well your raid listens. If someone takes a crystal shell when they are at like 50%, then your atonement is just going to sink in to them constantly, even if it maxes out their crystal shell, just because its a smart heal. You'll have to SS one stomp and then blanket PWS the next because SS wont be up everytime.

Atonement can become useless if for example somebody grabs a shield at 50% hp and then it gets capped out. All atonement heals will go to them doing essentially nothing while other people at full health need the heals to cap their shields.

That being said though, I 2 heal this fight as Disc and it feels fine. Atonement is still good, you just have to make sure the heals aren't being useless. AA + Halo combo does insane healing and is good for capping shields before or after the stomp. I 2 heal with a monk so I let him focus the raid for the most part while I assure that the tanks shields are maintained, mostly through PW:S, penance and GH while also using Halo + PoM to deal with the stomp and rock fall damage. If you don't heal with a monk or druid then perhaps holy would be better as you'll need to spend time capping the shields out.

I went holy for this one and gained 20k hps. Topping the shields is a lot easier as holy. Probably could have done it with disc, but people seeing people not topped off made them nervous I guess. There is a video I did this week if it helps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfHNTsPjMb0

Only annoying part is you lose your shield every stomp, as opposed to disc, but you can quickly top people off, and having divine hymn helps a ton.

It's the only fight I do as holy in there.

Here is the log if it helps too: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12822&e=13246
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch