Lei Shen Normal 10M Static Shock Help

Can anyone from looking at these lock tell us whats going on with static shock. Our group for one quadrant is the lock, hunter, druid. What is going on that is killing them. They ensure me they are stacking and I can't quite tell what is going on. Also overall help for reducing damage taken on transitions. Thanks for any help!

I cannot post a link to the logs but our guild is LUST on US-Ner'Zhul and if they could look at our lei shen attempts monday it would be appreciated. I cannot post logs unfortunately

15+ Year Old Account
    Hunter and lock can survive the shock by themself, mek them use DB and deterrence(?)

hunter, lock and druid all have immunities. Well, druid depending on group setup.

Symbiosis will give Resto's Iceblock from mages, Ferals bubble from Paladins and Boomkins Cloak of Shadows from Rogues.

But Static Shock hurt way more in Transition phases, about 1million per static shock. Prob more. It will hurt, and if people cant solosoak them with immunities then people will have to group soak them with cooldowns. Not much more to tell, though 3 people stacking should be enough for sure.

Edit: Took a look at your logs, while Static Shock might kill people off sometimes it seems to generally only be when there's only 2 people soaking them. And mainly because it seems you're getting overrun by adds. You have people at fairly low health due to getting spammed by chain lightning from Diffused adds.

The first time you actually have people dying from Static Shock is when your dk and paladin tries to due soak, and they should easily be able to do that. Paladins have a 40% reduced magical dmg taken cd (Divine Protection) and DKs got AMS. Doesn't look like either of them popped anything.

Basically, the only times people seem to die is when they try to soak it with only 2 people without cds or 3 people but getting overrun by adds.

What you need to start practicing is understanding the order of the spells he casts in the Transition phase.

He'll start by Chain lightninging meaning everyone needs to spread asap to avoid extra adds, that will then immediatly go into one of those stun-halos. After that explodes the bouncy balls will appear, and as soon as those land Static Shocks will be assigned to people. about 1 sec after those blow it will go thru the same order again, and after that you're done.
    Last edited by Loxxie; 2013-04-16 at 07:50 AM.

The warlock can soak 1 static shock per minute. Have him use GoSAC and SacPac. Combine with shadow bulwark and/or undying resolve = ez mode on a 1 minute CD as opposed to DB's 3 minute CD.

Ok Thanks,

One other question. I've heard about doing 4/4/1/1 for transition the two tanks each have their own quadrant, anyone tried/had luck with this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omgacow View Post
    Ok Thanks,

One other question. I've heard about doing 4/4/1/1 for transition the two tanks each have their own quadrant, anyone tried/had luck with this?
    We personally have 4/4/1/1 but it's a lock, rogue, or boomkin with cloak of shadows in the 1/1 quadrants. They can handle bouncing bolts/static shock and it just means for less potential overcharges in the same group. We like having the tanks in with the groups of 4 in case a bad diffusion/bounce goes out.