Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Dumped My Garbage Restoration Druid

I hate to be one of those FOTM people, but by playing my resto druid I really feel like I'm holding my raid team back. I enjoy it, but continuing to play it would be selfish of me and I want to help my team progress. So, fuck playing what I like. I'm tired of playing the class at the bottom of the totem pole.

So, what would be the most effective way to gear up my Holy Paladin fast? He's already 80 with an ilvl just short of 470. I have the boots from sha of anger, and I won a couple of items from LFR MSV. I never did dailies on my druid so I have no idea about the rewards there. I was thinking about grinding JP so I can fill in low gear slots with PvP gear to up my ilvl over 470. Is there anything else I can do, apart from outright buying gear of the AH?
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-04-16 at 10:09 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just do the solo scenario oj the isle of thunder, kill a rare there and you get the key and open dem boxes. You're almost guaranteed loot from each boss in LFR pre ToT when you use a coin now, or atleast thats how it feels like for me. Get some valor and you can buy the 522 neck, and that will give you atleast 2 ilvl.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Just do the solo scenario oj the isle of thunder, kill a rare there and you get the key and open dem boxes. You're almost guaranteed loot from each boss in LFR pre ToT when you use a coin now, or atleast thats how it feels like for me. Get some valor and you can buy the 522 neck, and that will give you atleast 2 ilvl.
    Do I need any rep for that valor gear?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    What level of raiding are you doing ? If you struggle as a druid you might not do much better as a paladin.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    What level of raiding are you doing ? If you struggle as a druid you might not do much better as a paladin.
    I don't "struggle", it's just that I finally made the choice to bring a more versatile healer that brings superior utility. More is better, right?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I don't "struggle", it's just that I finally made the choice to bring a more versatile healer that brings superior utility. More is better, right?
    Honestly I don't think a resto druid holds a raid group back at all. Pallies are nice and all, but so are druids. It's just that they're different styles of healing.

Yeah, what are you talking about? Resto druid is a strong choice right now. If you're playing with a filthy priest of some kind, and that's why you think you're doing poorly, just stick with the druid.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Just stick with the druid.
    Especially since holy pallies are getting a bit of a nerf next patch. You will probably find you are in the same boat after rerolling just with less gold and lost time.

how is a holy paladin more 'versatile' ? resto druids are extremely flexible as healers in their own right.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to be one of those FOTM people, but by playing my resto druid I really feel like I'm holding my raid team back. I enjoy it, but continuing to play it would be selfish of me and I want to help my team progress. So, fuck playing what I like. I'm tired of playing the class at the bottom of the totem pole.
    Are you raiding 10 man or 25? What is your composition? Are you just not healing very well?

A little bit of info might be helpful.

Can't speak for 25mans, but in 10mans Druids are very strong if you 2 heal with a Disc Priest or Holy Pally. I've heard Druids are worse in 25man though, but I still think having one would probably be good, Druids are very versatile.

HPS isn't the end all for healing, your HPS will probably be behind Priests/Paladins because their shields are so good, and shields are insane for HPS since you can't overheal with a Shield. Druids are pretty strong though.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Can't speak for 25mans, but in 10mans Druids are very strong if you 2 heal with a Disc Priest or Holy Pally.
    This is generally our combo for 10 man and the druid rips up the healing no problems at all. You can definitely notice a difference when he isn't there, I actually have to pay attention a lot more and heal like mad to cover his absence.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because negating x amount of damage instantly is superior to having to heal it up with a slow as molasses HoT effect. Especially when you don't have single target heals worth using outside of clear casting procs or 1 min cooldowns.

Can we get back on topic please?

Deleted
    Because negating x amount of damage instantly is superior to having to heal it up with a slow as molasses HoT effect. Especially when you don't have single target heals worth using outside of clear casting procs or 1 min cooldowns.

By the sounds of it you dont even like the druid playstyle, druid hots are very good and you can do burst healing rather easy. Do you play 10 or 25 man? What is your healing comp in your current raid team? You say your holding the raid back but the druid i raid with has no issue doing as much healing as me 99% of the time.

As for gearing buy the shield from HP as a shield is a tad harder to get, try and get the DMF trinket and keep valor until you can get the shado pan one (the on use mana is rather nice) run the arena of annihilation scenario for a 450 wep. Apart from that run the old lfrs and do HC's and convert JP into HP.
    Last edited by mmocf95219989d; 2013-04-17 at 02:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Pally mastery is not spirit shell.

As much as I hate to admit it, I leveled, geared, and played a paladin as my new main instead of choosing my druid because at that moment (T14), paladins were just "plain better." I know druids got some love in 5.2 but I can acknowledge the class as a whole can use reworking.

That said if you believe paladins are completely overpowered you would be disappointed.

1) We are targeted for nerfs, some justified, some unjustified, and likely (since we're already targeted) will receive further unjustified nerfs, since that's Blizzard's pattern (nerf a class, then kick it hard when it's down).

2) The shields are powerful, but you'll still be hardcasting group heals (something a druid can't do) and hardcasting single target heals, some of which are less useful than others. The shields are also getting a nerf that while I do not feel is 100% justified, is probably going to stay in 5.3. If you want to shield you should play a disc priest.

So, what would be the most effective way to gear up my Holy Paladin fast? He's already 80 with an ilvl just short of 470. I have the boots from sha of anger, and I won a couple of items from LFR MSV. I never did dailies on my druid so I have no idea about the rewards there. I was thinking about grinding JP so I can fill in low gear slots with PvP gear to up my ilvl over 470. Is there anything else I can do, apart from outright buying gear of the AH?
    You should get fast rep (not daily rep) by getting warbringer kills and stuff. You will get some free Rep gear. Buy PvP gear with JP to get over 470, run the LFR wings. Use your VP to buy 1 522 item that you can obtain at Neutral rep (if you don't already have a 522 there), that should boot you over 480 to do LFR. Once you run LFR, you can get rep which will unlock more VP items for later weeks, replace your lowest ilvl gear with that.

Make sure you're constantly doing world bosses, Nalak, Oondasta, Sha, Galleon even.

If possible try to find a successful ToES/HoF normal run if you are experienced in there on your druid, then you can get 496 normal loot. 489 loot from MSV is there but honestly, in my opinion, not worth the effort unless you want sigils for the Sha gem.

Good luck!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do I need any rep for that valor gear?
    Not for the neck, you simply just need to go to the isle and you will be neutral which is enough for the neck, soon as you get 480 ilvl and do the first part of ToT LFR you will be friendly and gain access to more gear.

The best way to gear up any new character if you can is to load up on Elder Charms of Good fortune, then run regular mode Terrace and Heart of Fear.
    Stock up some Valor points and decide how to spend them after 3 weeks. You'll want to use them earlier on, but Valor Points are best used for patching up the worst pieces of your gear.
    If you just need the item levels to get into ToT, be the asshole and pick up the highest itemlevel upgrade piece you can, then return it after LFR.

Use your mogu runes of fate on nalak and oondasta, then stock up the rest until you can at least do ToT LFR, then decide whether or not to spend them in regular ToT or LFR. Depends on whether you'll be doing regular and how successful your group will be.
    Try to roll for every tier token you can, their disproportionate value for their item level once you get the set bonuses can be immense, and I also like the fact that a token can be redeemed for any spec, regardless of the spec you happened to be when you did your bonus roll.

Deleted
    Its not only the class, its how the player plays the class that makes it a good class.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tired of playing the class at the bottom of the totem pole.
    Humm, Druid heals are strong now. Is it the Class or the player? Not picking a fight just wondering how long you have been playing your resto druid?