Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Exclamation Need some help with losing fat

Hello, im 14 years old, want some help with losing fat.
    Cant do stuff like sports beacuse everyone bullies me (Dont like me also, Dont tell me how to fix this, its impossible trust me)
    Washing myself at school and after swimming isnt fun, why? Beacuse my body looks hideous!
    I wasvery thin before 6th degre
    Need help now ¤_¤
    Also i dont want any: Get outta here kiddo nor cry me an river posts
    Last edited by Narwhalosh Whalescream; 2013-05-02 at 03:12 PM.

Exercise and dieting are the 2 only reasonable methods of weight loss. Unfortunately this is a process you will have to do, and trust me when you see a fat guy at the gym, you don't really think anything but "congrats to him for doing that".

Honestly, do the exercise, ignore the bullying, and you will come through the adversity a stronger (and leaner!) man. Good luck

I really don't get why some people are having issues with this.

1. Eat vegetables.
    2. Run for 30-40 minutes per day.

That's IT.

No problem with food, its just the running etc
    Cant go outside beacuse im so ugly
    Last edited by Narwhalosh Whalescream; 2013-05-02 at 03:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diet and exercise and two halves of the whole.

My recommendation is this:

Keep it simple.

Look at your diet. Try to cut out any junk food and soda. Switch to water and healthier food. Eat a salad instead of a burger. If you are super motivated, count calories and stay regimented. Try to eat more frequent smaller meals -- eat slower and drink a big glass of water before you start eating. These help you feel fuller faster so you eat less. A pound of fat is about 3500 calories. It is best to aim for 1-2 pounds of weight loss a week, although everyone varies in this regard and it isn't clear how much weight you have to lose.

Exercise -- Start simple. Go walk after school for a half hour. Try to start running if you can. If you can get a private gym membership go work out after school -- the best thing you can do is a combo of weight training and cardio so you maintain muscle mass and definition while shedding fat. If you want to lose weight you are better off doing more reqs of lower weights and cardio. But even just starting by walking 30 mins a day would help.

The more you exercise, the less you have to diet. The better you diet, the less you have to exercise. In an ideal world, you do both well and especially since you are young you should find the weight falling right off.

On a side not -- if you haven't already you should talk to your doctor. Maybe get a metabolic screening to ensure there are no health issues causing this, especially if you used to be super skinny and then gained a ton of weigh very fast.

EDIT -- it's probably worth pointing out that a strict low calorie diet tends to do more harm than good. It'll slow down your metabolism, make you sluggish and tired which will make working out difficult, and cause you to be more prone to binging and cheating. It's almost more important what you eat than how much you eat...and sometimes when you "diet" you find yourself eating more than you did before because you are eating the stuff that's good for you and fueling your body for exercise which helps the weight come off.
    Last edited by Lenonis; 2013-05-02 at 03:23 PM.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theherecy View Post
    Exercise and dieting are the 2 only reasonable methods of weight loss. Unfortunately this is a process you will have to do, and trust me when you see a fat guy at the gym, you don't really think anything but "congrats to him for doing that".
    Agreed. However, seeing as the OP is Swedish, I'd like to clarify that "dieting" does not necessarily mean to not eat anything or only minimally (which it possibly could be translated to).

Just don't eat shit food like McD/BK/KFC (it's bad for you), don't eat like a horse, eat regular 3 meals a day with 2-3 snacks in between and try to do at least 30-45 min exercise a day (even walking works) and you should be fine in a year or so. You can do it!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    An adendum on Pootis above.
    If you've got problems with running. Start by just WALKING.
    Take a 60 minute walk a day. Fast walk, and once your breath get better, run 20 minutes walk 20.
    Try to avoid carbs, esp sugars. Corn sugars even more.

Edit:
    As for your can't go outside.
    Screw what they think. I know it's hard, been bullied a bit myself.
    But try to just screw what they think. Think about yourself, go out, walk/run. They are pathetic for their behaviour, you're not.
    Last edited by Muzjhath; 2013-05-02 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    eat less, go for walks. Especially since its summer. Your body can be still be using that fat for energy while you still go through puberty. You should instead be focusing on just a good exercise flow.

And btw, bullies won't leave you alone if you loose weight. They'll just either continue calling you fat or start making comments about something else about you. its not the fact you're fat, its the fact that they choose you to tease. So if you are wanting to do this to stop being bullied, work on your confidence and self esteem first.

Quote Originally Posted by Interitus View Post
    This is your problem right here, you have no self esteem or self worth. This needs to change if you want to change anything. Screw your weight loss, get to working on you feeling better about yourself.
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    An adendum on Pootis above.
    If you've got problems with running. Start by just WALKING.
    Take a 60 minute walk a day. Fast walk, and once your breath get better, run 20 minutes walk 20.
    Try to avoid carbs, esp sugars. Corn sugars even more.
    I dont eat thrash food, its just doing activites like running svimming etc these days, im ugly beacuse i look fat

10+ Year Old Account
    You're probably gonna receive a lot of decent advice, so I'll just add one simple thing:

The only liquid you should be drinking is water. Drink a big glass in the morning when you wake up. Drink a big glass before every meal.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

For sports i recommend cycling, since u can do it alone and it is very healthy and doesnt stress ur joints as much as running.
    Oh and when u see 30-40km/h on the tacho its just awesome, knowing that u do it with ur muscles alone.

Just eating healthier in general I lost about 40 lbs. Cut the pop, cut the fast food, cut the portion sizes and you will cut the weight. Add exercise and you will become lean.

I wouldn't say ignore the bullying, but do tell a teacher in private, or the principal in private. Ask to not be named and make sure that they protect your identity, because the kids will find out otherwise who told on them and they will return in force (I've been there and through that. Not fun)

There is no quick fix, especially for someone of your age. Just start eating healthier, ask your parents to support your decision and help buy you healthier snack / food items. Do the exercises at home using just bodyweight and youtube fitness videos, or go to the school gym (assuming you have one) with some research done on exercises you can do on your own.

To lose weight simply - more calories out than what come in. Granted a million other factors come into play here, but that is the general 101 weight-loss for dummies I've come to understand.

Aveline's amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by lupii View Post
    eat less, go for walks. Especially since its summer. Your body can be still be using that fat for energy while you still go through puberty. You should instead be focusing on just a good exercise flow.

And btw, bullies won't leave you alone if you loose weight. They'll just either continue calling you fat or start making comments about something else about you. its not the fact you're fat, its the fact that they choose you to tease. So if you are wanting to do this to stop being bullied, work on your confidence and self esteem first.
    Been bullied whole life, maybe bcz of adhd, looked good before 6th degree
    Would happily trade my adhd and intell to be an normal person
    On topic, Any activity that doesnt mean u have to be outside where everyone can see you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont eat thrash food
    I can almost guarantee you diet can still be improved.

im ugly beacuse i look fat
    This is something you are just going to have to get over. Sitting at home hiding from the world because you think everyone is staring and judging is only going to create a sedentary lifestyle that just keeps making you heavier.

And I can almost guarantee you are harder on yourself than everyone else out there.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

This is bull crap. I've seen fat people running outside to lose weight and they look AWESOME doing it, not because they have good form or have a great face or whatever. It's because they have that confidence! You aren't ugly, you're 14. At worst you have some zits like some of the 40+ year olds I work with have. Big deal. Go run! Go lift weights! Go swimming! Go hiking, or cycling, or just fast walking for a few hours! Any activity is better than sitting around doing nothing.

Aveline's amazing work!

I dont eat thrash food, its just doing activites like running svimming etc these days, im ugly beacuse i look fat
    This is something you need to get over. It will help you out in the long run. Who cares what other people think about you? You shouldn't be trying to lose weight so other people will find you better looking or whatever, you should do it for yourself. So get out there and run and who cares if people think you're ugly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    This is bull crap. I've seen fat people running outside to lose weight and they look AWESOME doing it, not because they have good form or have a great face or whatever. It's because they have that confidence! You aren't ugly, you're 14. At worst you have some zits like some of the 40+ year olds I work with have. Big deal. Go run! Go lift weights! Go swimming! Go hiking, or cycling, or just fast walking for a few hours! Any activity is better than sitting around doing nothing.
    This, I can only second this.

Screw that you think you look ugly. The best thing to reach something is the picture it everyday. So picture yourself fit everyday. Then work for it. Screw hiding because something you think you are.
    Might be hard, you're still a kid. Just do it anyway.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if they have it in Sweden but I go to WeightWatchers meetings every week to get weighed and keep a record on my eating. they have a fantastic points system on food that you can get a free app for on your phone.

And btw, i follow the length/weight curve 100%
    Pretty wtf :/
    Thanks for all the advice tho

Seeing as how you went from skinny to fat during puberty, you are most likely an Endomorph.

Don't say there is not a problem with your food, because there is. You may not eat 'bad' foods per say, but your body is going to store fat from really any food that isn't 100% healthy and suited to your body type.

Watch what you eat. Up the protein, reduce the carbs but don't remove them (you'll have no energy), and be religious with your caloric intake. Make sure your meals always have 1-2 vegges. Honest advice? Cook your own food. I started getting in to working out and eating healthy and all that at your age, but it took FOUR YEARS to get my parents to start cooking healthy. Till then, use your own foods with no oil (aside from Grapeseed and Olive, but even then keep that to a minimum just to add flavour) or butter. Learn to like hot sauce. I put it on everything for flavour, and it gives you a nice extra burst to your metabolism.

Also, muscle burns fat. You need a good mixture of Cardio/Weight Lifting to properly lose weight, especially being an Endormorph. As said, walks are a great way to start off if your embarrassed to run, as is biking. You should push weights about 3 times a week, and every time keep your reps to 8-10 minimum (Don't start pushing really heavy at first, it will make you look fatter).

Lastly, I don't like hearing these excuses about how your embarrassed to do things. Get over it. You will be using these excuses your whole life if you don't change something now, trust me, I had a friend similar to you at your age, wanting to lose weight but having excuses as to why he can't, 6 years later at 20, he's still fat, always talking about how he will eventually lose weight.

Trust me. The sooner you get used to a healthy/active lifestyle, the better off you will be for you entire life, not to mention it will be a lot easier to refuse fatty foods and inactivity when your older.